PDA

View Full Version : For those looking for *Oodle Dogs*

Pam
12-20-2005, 06:37 AM
One of my pet peeves is designer dogs. The fact that there are people who seek to make money in this way is particularly galling to me, especially with so many dogs languishing in shelters all over the world. The are often priced as high, and even higher, than a purebred pedigreed dog from a reputable breeder. :mad: Some clever person has made a site on how one can create their own doodle dog. I know I am preaching to the choir here.

http://www.oodlemaker.com/

dab_20
12-20-2005, 07:53 AM
I feel bad for those poodles! How irresponsible people can be is just astonishing. :mad:

BitsyNaceyDog
12-20-2005, 08:23 AM
I feel the same way, it absolutely sickens me that people breed mixes on purpose. I work at a pet boarding facility and when someone boards a designer breed on their chart I never write "yorkiepoo" I always write yorkie/poodle mix.

I had one woman tell me that she bought her "dorkie" at some pet shop in New York. Aparently a "dorkie" is a dachshund/yokie mix. I had to hold my tongue because I was at work, but I wanted to tell her that she was dorkie and so was the conversation. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Pam, did you look at the site? It's a joke. The person who made the site seems to be against the breeding of "designer breeds" too. Infact he has pictures of shelter dogs on the site.

Pam
12-20-2005, 08:48 AM
EDIT: Pam, did you look at the site? It's a joke. The person who made the site seems to be against the breeding of "designer breeds" too. Infact he has pictures of shelter dogs on the site.

Yes I know it is a joke. :) That's why I think it is so clever. Of course the dog modeling the poodle attire is just an angel to pose so sweetly to help get the point across. :cool: I would love to adopt all of those shelter dogs. :(

poofy
12-20-2005, 10:13 AM
I think it is good for them to put up that they are against it.. :)

dab_20
12-20-2005, 03:53 PM
I had one woman tell me that she bought her "dorkie" at some pet shop in New York. Aparently a "dorkie" is a dachshund/yokie mix. I had to hold my tongue because I was at work, but I wanted to tell her that she was dorkie and so was the conversation.

LOL, great way to put it.

It's a great website. Funny too, mocking the stupid designer dog breeders.

KYS
12-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Pam the site was VERY CLEVERLY done.
By the way I saw 3 standard poodles playing on a neighbors
front yard when I was taking Rocky for a walk around
my neighborhood. :p

CathyBogart
12-20-2005, 04:56 PM
What afunny site sending such a serious message! I think it's very well done.

When Chubby and I were at the vet today there was a big standard poodle sitting in - and spilling over in all directions - his daddy's lap. It was so cute!