PDA

View Full Version : How do I use the colors and font sizes?

04-04-2002, 03:31 PM
I tried and it isn't working. I'm getting really frustrated. It's like I can't pick a size, color and font at the same time. It's only one or the other. I tried clicking the "enhanced mode" on the left and that doesn't help either. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2002, 03:34 PM
There is a thread called "List of Colors" under the General section that should help you out. I had the same question. It shows all the colors. It's a matter of doing a lot of things in order. Good luck.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2002, 03:40 PM
You need to close your tags by putting a / after the [ in each section. Also, sometimes using capital letters like COLOR will make it not work.

You can go to the members list and bring up a members name and go to one of their posts. It will show you how they put any colors etc. in that they used on that post. Feel free to check any of mine you want. I don't use different fonts though. Hope this helps. This is how a closed tag looks. [/color]

Logan
04-04-2002, 05:03 PM
I have had the same problems, Angel! It is either color or bold, but not both. I fear that lack the patience to make it work otherwise.

Logan

anna_66
04-04-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey, it took me a month of really trying to understand all of this and I just this week got it!

04-05-2002, 02:14 PM
Thanks folks! I will figure it out. I didn't even notice the preview reply button until now!! SHEESH!! THAT IS PERFECT FOR ANAL PEOPLE LIKE ME!!! ha ha ha... I hate it when I would make a typo and have to go back and edit the whole thing. This will make it easier.

The whole format seems to be the same, with the [] and / that you need at the beginning and end of messages, I just have to get used to the fancy way to do it now and that they are called TAGS. Didn't know that:) ha ha ha:D

here is a test:

Let's see if this works....

04-05-2002, 02:17 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT!

Thank you for all your help everyone:) Now I can be cool like the rest of you! WHOO-HOO!

04-05-2002, 02:20 PM
ha ha ha, I am totally diggin' these fonts and colors!

This is fun and spices things up! Sweet!!!

Okay, I will stop playing now:)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-05-2002, 02:51 PM
I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!:D

Logan
04-05-2002, 06:42 PM
All you have proved is that you are a lot smarter than I am, Angel!! LOL!!! :o

I can only do this:

Hi

And this:

Hi

And this:
Hi

I think you understand that I can do each command, but not all at the same time! :o

aly
04-05-2002, 10:04 PM
Logan, try it the following way substituting the ('s for ['s and the )'s for ]'s...

(FONT=courier new)(size=5)(b)(color=deeppink)YAY LOGAN!!(/FONT)(/size)(/b)(/color)

YAY LOGAN!!

04-08-2002, 09:31 AM
Hey Logan, I ain't smarter or nuttin'.... I's just gots lucky!!! hee hee hee hee!

You could try this too....

When you open a new post/reply on the left side you will see "vB Code" - Normal Mode and Enhanced Mode.
Tick "ehnanced mode"
Then you can pick your font size, font color, B/I/U and font style at the same time. Just choose each one you want THEN begin typing. After you are done typing click on the red X that says close all tags. That is how I do it anyway. I hope it works:)

It's as easy as pie when you get how it works:)

Former User
04-08-2002, 09:55 AM
testing doggiemoms advice....

Former User
04-08-2002, 09:56 AM
it worked, WAHEY! I'm blond and did it! So there's hope for everyone now!!;) ;)

Cynthia
04-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Wow!! Once again, thank you Chuck!! You are awesome!!