PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 (12-19-05) AND day 2 & 3.

jenluckenbach
12-19-2005, 07:34 PM
I gave the first of 28 daily doses of Sporonox liquid to the 23 cats residing in this house. :eek:

Piece of cake. ;) :rolleyes:

slick
12-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I can give liquid meds with my eyes closed. Jen, I sure wish I could be there to help you out. :( Only 27 more days to go.

rg_girlca
12-19-2005, 09:46 PM
WOW Jen, that must have been a handful for you to do. You are such a good meowmie. :)

I pray that they all co-operate with you for the next 27 days.

((((((HUGS))))))

Craftlady
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Good Luck :)

G535
12-20-2005, 12:13 AM
How long did it take for all cats?

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Good luck and I hope that the next 27 days go by quickly. :)

orangemm
12-20-2005, 03:21 AM
All I can say is "whew"................. :eek:

kimlovescats
12-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Bless your heart, Jen! Good luck with the remaining days! ;)

catmandu
12-20-2005, 09:29 AM
I hope that they like the taste of the Medicine.
Moose loves the taste of his which I am informed has the taste of Tuna.
Jen I hope you can give them the Meds that they need,and All Are Well
Very Soon.
Thier Friends The Found Cats are praying for them.

Logan
12-20-2005, 09:35 AM
:eek:

I obviously do not keep up enough around here, Jen. I had no idea that you had 23 in your house right now, nor did I know that there was a medical issue. :o I'm so sorry that life has been keeping me away from here so much that I don't know what is happening.

Best of luck to you and Charlie (I'm assuming he is helping ;) ) for the next month.

Logan

K & L
12-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Wish we were closer so we could help you! Good luck!!!

jenluckenbach
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
:eek:

I obviously do not keep up enough around here, Jen. I had no idea that you had 23 in your house right now, nor did I know that there was a medical issue. :o I'm so sorry that life has been keeping me away from here so much that I don't know what is happening.

Best of luck to you and Charlie (I'm assuming he is helping ;) ) for the next month.

Logan
23 includes the 7 foster cats and the medical issue is ringworm.

They DO like the taste of the medicine. :D

My biggest worry is not the cats it is the house. Will I be able to clean effectively enough to get rid of all the spores??? I will admit to NOT being a good house cleaner. :o

moosmom
12-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Jen,

What's the Sporonox for??

jenluckenbach
12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Jen,

What's the Sporonox for??
Ringworm.

Laura's Babies
12-20-2005, 05:42 PM
I already had my question answered as to what the meds was for. I am concerned myself and am glad to know there is a oral medicine for that if I ever need to get that. My sisters great grand daughter had a big ring worm on her arm and they had no idea that she could have caught it from their new kitten or even passed it on to humans or other animals. How do you tell if a cat has them?

jenluckenbach
12-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Signs of the ringworm fungus are bald, scaley patches....sometimes they can be red. On humans it forms the familiar circle (ring) shape, but not always on animals.

moosmom
12-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Jen,

That's good to know. My friend Kathy's cats came down with it after her daughter Christy brought over 2 kittens she rescued.

jenluckenbach
12-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, today I received the Program medication in the mail so I decided there is no time like the present.......so I dosed them with THAT too.

The Program tablets are large and chewable, but what self-respecting cat is simply going to EAT medicine?? Do I decided to sneak them into their food. Since my own 16 cats eat their own measured amount of food SEPERATE from the other cats, I knew that if they ate, they would only get theirs and no one elses. The question was, would they eat?? So I broke 1 tablet up into about 6 pieces for each cat's dish and added only HALF of their regular amount of food. Hoping that they would then eat it ALL because they'd be hungry. Worked for every cat but 1 (there is always 1 in a crowd :rolleyes: )

Jim ate the food and not the Program tab pieces, so I ended up pilling him 6 extra times with those pieces.

Then, of course they all got their daily Sporonox.

The Fosters, are another story. They are free fed so they are not hungry enough to just eat a dish of food, so I just proke the tabs up and pilled them with the pieces. I could [/b] NOT[/b] do Lizzie! :eek: After her Sporonox she was finished...."let me down or I will hurt you plenty!!!" And Carolyn was very hard, but we managed. Everyone else was good but I had to chase DaVinci around because he knew I was up to something.

Oh well, another day down and the Program won't be given again until the last day of the Sporonox, so today was the hardest day.

emily_the_spoiled
12-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Jen, it might be worth the investment to buy a mortor and pestle to crush the Program tablets into a fine powder. I do that and then just mix it in with the food, so they can't "eat around" the tablet.

jenluckenbach
12-21-2005, 06:40 PM
I think Mickey has added his name to the list of cats who will get their medicine IN their food. :rolleyes: I do pill Mickey, but giving him then TWO medicines seems too much for him to handle without panic.

SURE, I could put it in each cat's food, but I am strange that way.....I prefer to KNOW it went in to their system. What if they decide not to eat that night?? Then I would have wasted the medicine. :(

Oh well, on 25 more days to go. (don't worry, I won't be updating on a daily basis forever. :p )