PDA

View Full Version : I need some Dog Help.

RICHARD
12-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I have a friend who has recently separated from her husband and has to rehome a male Shepard/chow/pit mixed dog.

The dog is great with adults, is afraid of kids and aggresive towards other dogs.

She lives in the LA/ San Fernando Valley area. With the foilbes this dog has there is a problem with rehoming him....

Any help/suggestions or leads to an organization here in the greater L.A. area would be really appreciated...

THANKS!

lizbud
12-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Why does she want to re-home the dog? Can't she afford the cost
of a keeping it?

.sarah
12-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Try Petfinder.com

Post flyers in vets, pet stores, etc. But make sure the dog is priced ... free to a good home doesn't always end happily.

RICHARD
12-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Why does she want to re-home the dog? Can't she afford the cost
of a keeping it?

It's a long story,
She recently has had to move out of her house due to the separation, She also had an accident while she was walking the pooch in July, she was walking him when the dog knocked her over and broke her hip in six places, she has pins and plates inserted and altho she is getting better she still needs a cae to motorvate. She is a diabetic. Very insulin dependent. Her dad just died at the beginning of december and her world is flipped upside down.

SHE DOES NOT WANT TO REHOME THE DOG. She was bawling like a baby while I chatted with her about it......She loves him more than her %^!@*#^%$ husband!

But she's got too much on her plate, she'd keep him in a heartbeat, but she realizes that rehoming the dog is the best for them both.

KYS
12-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Such a sad heart breaking situation.
Will her X-be willing to keep the dog?
Because the dog has some temperament issues, she has to be very
careful in finding the right home.
Sounds like she loves her dog and rather not give him up.
How about a family member/or friend who would be willing to board
her dog till she can get back on her feet?

She might try contacting the ASPCA in the Valley or LA area
and tell them her predicament.
Maybe they can take her dog and find the
right home.

RICHARD
12-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks,
I sent her the Petfinder addy...I'll keep you all informed!

Her family lives in TX, the dog went to Arizona with her son where it attacked his JRT..... :eek:

The son cannot keep the dog any longer because of the danger to his dog....