PDA

View Full Version : I hate sharing a bed!

king2005
12-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Once again Rob has taken up the WHOLE bed! I learned my lesson when it comes to waking him up.. just don't do it, unless you want him to swing (not on purpose, its just a fast stretch that hurts like heck!).

Many nights he turns the blankets into a nest around him, which I cannot tug free & other nights he rolls over & squishes the stuffing out of me (hes a big guy & I'm a small chubby gal). He litterly lifts his body & drops on 1/2 my body, knocking all the air out of me & scaring the HECK out of me as well.

Is there any way to solve this?? He doesn't mean too, but its gotta stop.. As sleeping on the couch sucks, its cold down here at night & Mango makes noise ALL night long, stupid fish :mad:

Karen
12-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Get your own blanket, and maybe try sleeping on the other side of him, where he'd be turning away from you when he rolls over. Or get permission from him to wake him up when he squashes you so he wakes up and un-squashes you!

Or a bigger size bed and an extra-large, oversize blanket, so even when he cocoons, there's still some leftover for you!

Samantha Puppy
12-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Get a body-sized body pillow and put it in between you. That way, even if he steals the covers, you'll have protection against his right hook. ;)

Corinna
12-19-2005, 10:49 AM
After hubbies cancer surgury we had some bed problems too for him to get into a comfortable postion I had 2" of bed. Solved it by 2 beds (also saved Merlin from getting kicked a lot) As he healed his snoring got to much too, so I moved in to the spare room . It's nice to get a good nights sleep. It also makes night manuvers planned and not just becouse we are both there.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-19-2005, 12:39 PM
I am a bed and blanket hog too. Justin and I sleep with a pillow between us, it stops me from rolling over to his side. We also use seperate blankets because otherwise I will have the whole blanket and Justin will have nothing.

king2005
12-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I tried sleeping on the other side of the bed, that was far worse :rolleyes:

We have a Queen bed & King blanket thingy. I think I'll try getting my own blanket. The body pillow would drive me up the wall hehehe.. I cannot stand being touched esp. while trying to fall asleep (I have a hard enough time letting anyone just give me a hug or shake my hand, I hate being touched).

Thanks for the ideas :)

poofy
12-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Wow you best get your own blankets and cuddle up in the corner of the bed.. :)

king2005
12-19-2005, 06:47 PM
The corner? I'm lucky if I get that most nights hehehe