PDA

View Full Version : King Kong

christa
12-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Anyone see the new King Kong?

Pretty good flick but my husband has been laughing at me all weekend, because evidently, I'm the only person in the world that didn't know that King Kong dies in the end.

I was crying my eyes out by the end!

Anyway, it was a good movie . . . WAY too long . . . but still a good watch.

.sarah
12-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Pretty good flick but my husband has been laughing at me all weekend, because evidently, I'm the only person in the world that didn't know that King Kong dies in the end.
No you're not, I didn't know that either :o

binka_nugget
12-18-2005, 10:25 PM
I thought it was pretty well done.. but yeah, definitely too long.

caseysmom
12-18-2005, 11:20 PM
When my daughter was young we watched that and she cried for king kong when they were after him and he died, I thought it was sweet, I guess I am not that sensitive :D

king2005
12-19-2005, 01:52 AM
I didn't know that he died :(
I have never seen a king kong movie, but wanted to see this one.

moosmom
12-19-2005, 07:57 AM
I saw the old King Kong movie with Fay Wray. What a classic. But I won't go see the new one. I don't like the fact that he was killed in the end.

kuhio98
12-19-2005, 09:18 AM
I've seen the original and the one made in the 70's. I probably won't be seeing this one because I cant stand it when he dies. I find myself turning the channel when the commercials for the new movie come on. Because I know it's not going to end well for poor Mr. Kong. :(

Anita Cholaine
12-19-2005, 09:23 AM
I really want to see it. But with my knee surgery tomorrow, I don't know when I'm gonna be able to go to the cinema... But I'd also love to see the original movie from 1933....

I didn't know that Mr. Kong died in the end :o :(

RICHARD
12-19-2005, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=christa]I'm the only person in the world that didn't know that King Kong dies in the end.[QUOTE]

Thanks for wrecking the end of the movie for us.,,,,,
;)

The up side of KK dying at the end was no animals were killed for fur for 2 years, the NY sanitation department workers got overtime for weeks afterwards and there was no possibility of a sequel. :p ;)

lizbud
12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I've seen the original and the one made in the 70's. I probably won't be seeing this one because I cant stand it when he dies. I find myself turning the channel when the commercials for the new movie come on. Because I know it's not going to end well for poor Mr. Kong. :(

Me too. I never liked the end either. Too sad. :(

Chica
12-19-2005, 07:01 PM
i Haven't Seen It Yet, But I Will. Thanks For The Tip On The New Movie. :)

K9karen
12-20-2005, 12:32 AM
I saw it on Saturday. I thought the special effects were awesome, though it dragged a bit at the beginning. The 1933 version didn't really affect me the way this one did. I mean, I felt bad for Kong, in the original, but truly, this time, I was totally devastated at the end. The theatre was packed but after it ended, you could hear a pin drop. It's very emotional.
I know it's a movie, but it made me think of human greed and endangered species etc.

jackie
12-20-2005, 12:41 AM
I know it's a movie, but it made me think of human greed and endangered species etc.

Yep, I saw an excellent cartoon in the paper with King Kong sitting on santas knee saying "what I want for xmas is for people to spend a fraction of the movies ticket price on saving the worlds real gorillas"