PDA

View Full Version : Why would you bring your dog to petsmart if your dog has a agressive problem?

Flatcoatluver
12-18-2005, 08:22 PM
:mad: ok today at petsmart there was this lady that had three chihuahuas, and was letting them go off leash, the three dogs attacked this pit bull. poor pit bull it was shaking!!! I feld so sad and mad!!! :(

.sarah
12-18-2005, 08:33 PM
The Chihauhau's went after a Pit Bull? That must have been a sight ...

Did she even get in trouble by the manager or anything? I mean, how can you keep control over three dogs if they're off leash? What if one runs up to the front of the store and gets out when someone leaves? She's sounds really idiotic.

KYS
12-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I know this isn't funny, but I am picturing 3 tiny
Chi's attacking a Pit. Those Chi's were 3 lucky dogs.
Why on earth would anybody let their dogs off leash
like that. :(
Sounds like this woman isn't to brite.
I hope someone said something to her.

luvofallhorses
12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
that's something I have never heard of. You shouldn't leave your dogs off-leash anywhere, though. It's not the dogs' fault, the owner is to blame. Some people need to learn how to control their dogs.

Flatcoatluver
12-18-2005, 09:15 PM
I fealt really bad for the pit bull, it was formally abused and so its scared of everything and maybe those chi's senced they were afraid. Get this the lady just laughed and picked up the dogs!! she was asked to leave the store. :rolleyes:

poofy
12-18-2005, 09:33 PM
What an awfully woman, bet she wouldnt laugh if one of hers was attacked, how sad, people are a sad lot to be around it seems.. :(

CathyBogart
12-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I bring my dogs with aggression problems to Petsmart....but it's to get them better socialized, and I keep them under control at all times. The only problems we ever have are idiots who let their dogs charge up to us without asking first.

areias
12-19-2005, 12:06 AM
I've seen that before, too. I bring my dog that is dog aggressive to Petsmart and other canine activites, but he is very controllable, as long as a dog is not in his face. Like Cathy said, it's only the idiots that let their dogs come right up that I have a problem with. I saw a pit bull and bull terrier really get into it one time, and the owners were screaming at each other.. :eek: but if they had just kept to themselves there wouldn't have been a problem.

Bigyummydog
12-19-2005, 12:53 AM
The Chihauhau's went after a Pit Bull? That must have been a sight ...
Did she even get in trouble by the manager or anything? I mean, how can you keep control over three dogs if they're off leash? What if one runs up to the front of the store and gets out when someone leaves? She's sounds really idiotic.
Can you imagine a 90lb. pit bull? MAXIMUS will always give me this look before he gets the "mean fur" and try to defend us? He doesn't know what else to do. He seems to be at a loss of thought.
The worst thing is for some "small dog" (no offense little guys).....to be allowed to go off leash. That is always my worst fear. All it would take is "what...three chomps?" and it's all over. And MY big dog would be the blame. ALL dogs in a 'so called controlled area' should be ON LEASH. No exceptions. That's why I am terrified to take MAXIMUS almost anyplace where things like that could happen. And it's not his fault. Yes, he is dog aggressive, but, he is ok as long as 'no other's' run up and get in his face. And it's always the little guys allowed to do just that. Even when we go on walks, it's always the little growly barky aggressive things that get him all upset. He usually ignores the others. I know the little guys tend to want to be "big and scarry." Actually, I've only been bitten by small dogs. Again, no offense little guys. But, just because they have a "small" bite, they should not be allowed to be anymore 'free' than the big guys. Don't you think???

king2005
12-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Can you imagine a 90lb. pit bull? MAXIMUS will always give me this look before he gets the "mean fur" and try to defend us? He doesn't know what else to do. He seems to be at a loss of thought.
The worst thing is for some "small dog" (no offense little guys).....to be allowed to go off leash. That is always my worst fear. All it would take is "what...three chomps?" and it's all over. And MY big dog would be the blame. ALL dogs in a 'so called controlled area' should be ON LEASH. No exceptions. That's why I am terrified to take MAXIMUS almost anyplace where things like that could happen. And it's not his fault. Yes, he is dog aggressive, but, he is ok as long as 'no other's' run up and get in his face. And it's always the little guys allowed to do just that. Even when we go on walks, it's always the little growly barky aggressive things that get him all upset. He usually ignores the others. I know the little guys tend to want to be "big and scarry." Actually, I've only been bitten by small dogs. Again, no offense little guys. But, just because they have a "small" bite, they should not be allowed to be anymore 'free' than the big guys. Don't you think???

I agree 110% with you.

lv4dogs
12-19-2005, 08:27 AM
I bring my dogs with aggression problems to Petsmart....but it's to get them better socialized, and I keep them under control at all times. The only problems we ever have are idiots who let their dogs charge up to us without asking first.

I haven't seen loose dogs in a pet store yet but I have seen confrontations because of an idiotic owner though.

I too bring Raustyk to pet stores all the time, but I also have control over her & it is to better socialize her.

elizabethann
12-19-2005, 09:10 AM
That poor Pit Bull. It must have been so scared. That woman needs a good kick in the a$$. I feel bad for those 3 small dogs. What if she loses control of them at home & they run out in the street or run up to a dog whose going to eat them for lunch? That woman is stupid. Get a fish if you can't control your dog!!! I'm glad she was asked to leave the store.

pnance
12-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm completely shocked sometimes with owners. There's an owner at Hunters agility classes that's like this. Since we're still learning most of the dogs are still on leash except for tunnels etc. Well this terrier X (~20lbs) in the other class, comes charging up from the other side of the field (he'd gotten away from his owner). Luckily we saw him coming since he was headed full speed for the 2 lb pom in our class. The owner just laughed and said he just wanted to play (a 20lb terrier even playing would probably kill that pom). Non of us were very happy but ok it can happen, but this happend twice more during the class (he always went for the same pom), then again the next class but this time went charging and jumping on the bigger dogs, Hunter included. We were lucky in that none of the large dogs in our group are aggressive. We were happy when next session that class had been moved to a different time slot. There was never an apology from the owner nor any discipline for the dog which is what really ticked us all off. :mad:

CathyBogart
12-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Bigyummydog, I've got a little dog and I have to agree....he's the one who will fly off the handle with little or no warning and attack a dog 10X his size, which is why he gets a 4' lead instead of a 6'. -_-

Once, we were walking and some guy came barreling up to us with two labs and a german shepherd dragging him calling to me that they were friendly. Wilbur went straight for the shepherd's face. I hate to think what would have happened if I hadn't picked him up, that guy had NO control over his dogs, and I couldn't have blamed the shep for defending himself.

LKPike
12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I really can't stand taking Jillian to petsmart or any other places like that. Not due to other dogs, but due to the PEOPLE. She doesn't like being touched by people she doesn't know. Thats not hard to grasp, is it? She'll jerk and try to run away, she doesnt hide her feelings at all.

But yet there I am every single time saying, The dog doesnt like it, and they continue to force themselves on her. Which absolutely does not help me trying to keep her socialized. Sometimes I just get soooo tempted to run up to some of their kids and just start petting them, and totally ignore the parents when they say to stop.

k9krazee
12-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Loose Chihuahuas!! Ahh!! :p Why would anybody take their dogs offleash in a public store like that :confused: Wow...some people :rolleyes:

I take Micki in once in a while and he is dog (and sometimes people) aggressive :eek: But...He is only bad if people or other dogs get in his face, which I try my best to avoid. He loves riding in the cart though and he usually acts very well behaved!

senorita02
12-19-2005, 02:56 PM
I feel so bad for that poor Pittbull, that lady should not have been allowed in the store with her dogs offleash, what if someone walked in the store with an off leash Pittbull? I bet there would be people running from the building screaming! Some people.

Jadapit
12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
I feel so bad for that poor Pittbull, that lady should not have been allowed in the store with her dogs offleash, what if someone walked in the store with an off leash Pittbull? I bet there would be people running from the building screaming! Some people.

I'm sure your right about that. ;)