PDA

View Full Version : Real or fake?

slleipnir
12-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted....but, do you usually get a real or fake christmas tree???

We always get real ones at my dads. It's kinda annoying having to pick up all the needles...but I think they look better, and smell better :)

My mom has a fake tree. Hers always looks nice...I wouldn't mind a fake one, but at the same time, I like real ones.

What about you? Which to you prefer?

manda_moo87
12-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Ours is fake.

I've only ever had a real tree once and there was a nest of Spider eggs in it which hatched... not a fun :eek: lol! Ever since then my Mom has sworn she'd never have a real tree again. I personally like fake ones a bit better, but only because they aren't as messy and you can keep them up longer. I do love the smell of real ones though... :)

Toby's my baby
12-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Ours is fake, and always has been. A lot of my friends have real ones, and they like them, except for having to pick up the mess they leave. One year, hopefully we can have a real one.... :)

.sarah
12-18-2005, 03:53 PM
We just do what we feel like doing that year. We have a fake tree, but this year we bought a tree from the boy scouts.

Samantha Puppy
12-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Real. My husband refuses to get fake, so since he insists on real trees I insist on them being Fraser firs. They've got stronger branches for heavier ornaments and they're very aromatic.

Suki Wingy
12-18-2005, 04:53 PM
I just LOVE the smell of the tree! Always real, the only reason I see for fake trees are the colored ones. (white, silver, blue, pink, gold, red, etc.)

chocolatepuppy
12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
This is my first year with a fake tree and I don't regret it a bit, I love my tree! I got to put it up so much earlier and no mess. ;)

Flatcoatluver
12-18-2005, 09:18 PM
this is our second year of having a fake tree. we always usally get real, but it gets so expensive.

k9krazee
12-19-2005, 09:43 AM
What about both :p This year was going to be our first year not getting a real tree, we set up the artificial one and then the next day ran out and got a real one. It just wasn't the same without the experience of going out and cutting down your own tree. We put the real one upstairs and the fake one downstairs.

lv4dogs
12-19-2005, 09:53 AM
When I was really young my parents always had real trees, then when I was in my teens or so we used a fake tree (passed down from our grandparents). Since I moved out on my own though I usually have a real tree. For the first few years I had a real one then for 2 years I got a fake tree & didn't care for it at all. The last few years have all been real trees, cut x-mas trees. This year & from now on I am really using a real tree, one that can be planted outdoors or into a large floor planter. I'm saving trees not killing them!

Anita Cholaine
12-19-2005, 10:09 AM
There are no real Christmas trees here... So we have a fake one, but I'd love to have a real one some day...

Corinna
12-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Fake due to allergies and the mess. To get the smell (any fragance) I use candles and airfreshners.

Miss Z
12-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Both! We have a huge artificial one in the living room and one outside in the porch, then a real one in the hallway and one in our front garden!!! We have a lotta decorations!!!!:)

wolflady
12-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Interesting poll! I was surprised to see the fake trees are more common than the real trees! *laughs*

It's been tradition, ever since I was very little, to go out and cut down the family Christmas tree. I wouldn't have it any other way. I just love the way they smell! :D

**hugs**

Logan
12-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Real tree! This year, we got two, actually! NO FAKE TREES in this house!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/0atree.gif

Real tree for us! I wouldn't mind a fake tree, because of the mess. But my hubby says there a real tree is a MUST; so we looked for the kind that doesn't loose much of its needles. The needles are also thicker and can bear more weight. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
12-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Fake! I've never had a real tree and I never will. Firstly I'm one of the most thrifty people you will ever meet and I can't see spending the money for a real tree. Secondly the thought of cutting down trees saddens me.

LKPike
12-19-2005, 02:31 PM
love my fake ones. easy to assemble, no special "needs" ie - water, as I usually end up killing most plants people buy me anyway. i'm the black sheep with the black thumb of the family ;)

oh, and due to no "outdoor" smells I don't have to worry about frankie peein on the dern thing.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-19-2005, 02:39 PM
I love real trees but am allergic to lots of them. So fake for me! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
12-19-2005, 03:28 PM
We kinda have to get a fake tree, because we go away every year. But, I'd LOVE to have a real tree someday, they are so beautiful, and smell so fresh and wonderful!

With our fake Christmas tree, we lleave the lights on when we put it away, so we don't have to struggle with all of those lights. ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
12-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Fake:p I'd rather have real trees though!:)

grybai
12-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Real. There's nothing better than waking up in the morning with the fresh smell of xmas tree in the house. I have always had a real tree so a fake one would just feel so wrong.

prechrswife
12-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Ours is artificial. We had a real one the first year we were married when Saphirah was an only kitty. She liked to drink water from the tree stand and sling/track water all over the gifts. The artificial is also sturdier for tree-climbing kitties, although ours (thankfully) seem to have outgrown that particular habit. :)