PDA

View Full Version : New Here and would like to say hello

Opilies
12-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi, my name is Patricia. I've been viewing posts lately. Had some trouble figuring out how to see the Pet of the Day...duh..click on the link!! Anyways..

I have three large dogs, one puppy, and one cat. We came together when I met my future husband. He had two black labs, Chief, a handsome black lab and Belle, his daughter, a lab/pitbull mix. I had OP, a Riddgeback/Boxer mix and Rex my cat. We've been together six years. One month ago we added a new addition, Romo, a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix, 8 weeks old.

Chief is the oldest now at 12-1/2 years, OP will be 11 Jan 12th, Rex pudy is 10, Belle is 8, and Romo is 11 weeks.

Chief is daddy's boy who follows his Papa like a shadow. DH got him at six weeks from a neighbor who had full lab puppies with no papers. He didn't neuter Chief until he met me. I wouldn't continue dating him until he did that and fix the backyard fence so Chief could safely be in the backyard while his daddy went to work.

Belle is our activity director. She is always ready to play, play, play even at 8 years old. DH got her at 2 years old when she was returned to the (evil - long story) backyard breeder after her original parents divorced. Chief and Belle are two peas in a pod. It's hard to tell them apart sometimes.

OP stands for Obnoxious Princess. She's our fun patrol monitor. She is quite the grump and would like all fun to cease ASAP. All in all, after lots of obedience practice and classes, she is a very good girl. I got her at 5 months from the SF SPCA. After she survived Parvo, she was returned twice as a puppy. I was a volunteer dog walker when I saw her. She has her forever home with me.

Rex kitty is my first pet before anyone. I picked him out at the SF SPCA at six weeks. My little guy loves his dogs. He's the runt and weighs in a 5 lbs on a good day. He likes to lick the big dogs' ears and cuddles with me any chance he gets. Rex is also Romo's new play buddy.

Romo is quite feistly and fearless..hence the name Romo after the football player. But being the puppy that he is, he'll fall asleep as fast as he starts ripping up the toilet paper. I got him from an acquaintance who told me she had a litter of puppies. I've been wanting a small dog ever since i worked at a doggy day care and spent time with toy breeds this past year.

Well, that's everyone. Hello from all of us to all of you pet lovers.

Karen
12-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine hereabouts! I'm Karen, one of the moderators - my current pet is Miss Hoppy, she's the little brown bunny you see as my avatar!

Opilies
12-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Miss Hoppy..you are very cute.

Just wanted to add...Big thank you to Dukedogsmom for telling me about this interesting forum!

gemini9961
12-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Welcome to PT! Sounds like you have some wonderful pets and we are glad to have you here.

catnapper
12-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Welcome to PT!

My name is Kim, and I have one large dog who will be 11 years old in two weeks and who also thinks her daddy walks on water. I also have 5 cats, all ranging in age from 4 years to 9 months old. The cats are in my siggy below - Nicki is the elusive, seldome Photographed pup! :D

.sarah
12-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is Sarah and I have 3 dogs (Nova, Mandy, and Luka) and a hamster (Topeka).

Here are my girls:
http://woofmb.com/images/images/petcam.jpg
Nova is the cream colored Labrador, Luka is the fox red Labrador, and Mandy is the white GSD/Pit Bull mix.

KYS
12-18-2005, 02:05 PM
A warm welcome to Pet Talk you you and your furkids.

davidpizzica
12-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi, Opillies welcome to Pet Talk. I'm david p and I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I have three cats who allow me to live with them. Nikki, a 5y.o. tuxedo kitty, (Queen of the house), Daisy, a 2 y.o. tortoiseshell kitty, (the nut), both of whom are pictured in my signature, and I foster (permafoster?) Marigold, a four y.o. tortie. I volunteer with Cat Sense, a cat rescue organization in Pittsburgh. I think you will fit in nicely here, but beware, this site is addictive!!

Toby's my baby
12-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Welcome!! Your dogs and cat, seem like GREAT furbabies!!

My name is Beth, and I am from minnesota. I am owned by 3 wonderful dogs, 2 cats, 3 ducks, and two horses. :) Here are two of my babies. .
Autumn and Maggie
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/BPhilipp/Dogs/Other%20Dogs/DSC06367.jpg

Daisy and Delilah
12-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Terry and I have 2 chihuahuas, Daisy and Delilah(pictured below). You'll love it here :D

Flatcoatluver
12-18-2005, 09:22 PM
hey!!! I'm breanne, and you are greeted from my ten kids. I have a flat-coated retriever named zoey and a english setter named t.j which you can see in my siggy. I have 3 cats named kendy, kesha, and kasey. 3 muscovy ducks named dixee trixee and sunny. 2 betta fish named Jedi and rudy.

Uabassoon
12-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! It sounds like you will fit in just perfectly here :)

I'm owned by two kitties Corkscrew is an orange tabby and Tibby is a siamese mix. This summer our little family is going to grow! I will be moving in with my girlfriend of almost two years and I'll be joining her two cats Tuna and Pocky as well as Payson a JRT mix. We both met him at animal control when she decided to adopt him (with a little prompting from me of course :) ). We think he is around 3 years old, she adopted him this past summer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/lickitung/IMG_2945.jpg

poofy
12-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi Welcome to PT and I know youll enjoy it with all the wonderfull PTERS and the furkids here..sounds like you have a big family there :)

k9krazee
12-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Welcome to PT!!! My name is Ashley and I am owned by the Hoodlums: Micki, Mini, Kyra, Jack and Shadow. And the rest of my fuzzbutts (all listed in my siggy ;) )

I hope to hear more about your furkids and see many more pictures of course :p ;) :D

Chica
12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/MRYXMAS021Ea1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/cid_003601c5e98af7dcab8006ECC2F9Kar.gifWELCOME TO PET TALK. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/thekiss.jpg
THIS IS CHICA, MY BRINDLE CHIHUAHUA.SHE IS 1 1/2 YEARS OLD NOW. :)

buttercup132
12-19-2005, 07:47 PM
He didn't neuter Chief until he met me. I wouldn't continue dating him until he did that and fix the backyard fence so Chief could safely be in the backyard while his daddy went to work
well that dose ti for me your a keeper on my list :D your pups are very cute had to belive they are that old they look so young, my babies are in my siggy (wich needs to be updated)

Opilies
12-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Everyone has the cutest pets here. I love people who love their pets as much as I do. I really do feel like I fit in here. Often times I feel I'm looked upon as a person who loves her pets "too much" and has "too many." So glad that won't ever happen here!! :)

dukedogsmom
12-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Hey and welcome! Glad you decided to start posting some. I love your pic. Very cute! I hope you enjoy coming here like we all do. And that part about the neutering is great! That's the way to educate.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-20-2005, 05:49 AM
WELCOME !!!!! to PET TALK !!!!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20950_cat_with_flowers.gif
I am Lut, and I am owned by 3 cats Maya, Inka & Zazou.