PDA

View Full Version : In case I should suddenly Disappear:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Just want to let you all know if I suddenly disappear it's my computer's fault! It wouldn't boot up at first this morning. It finally did so I thought I would let you know, just in case. You all mean a lot to me and I would get back as soon as possible but it might be awhile. I am going to believe this computer is having a Divine Healing and will now be fine.;)

tatsxxx11
04-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Oh no, Connie!! A day without Momomfuzzy's is like a day without sunshine!;( I'm putting Mr. Puter on the "Prayers Request List!!" We just can't have this!:) Here's hoping!! Love, Sandra

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2002, 06:39 PM
Thanks, Sandra. So far so good. I scanned the hard drive for problems and defragged my hard drive. I think it may be the floppy drive just got confused. I sure hope so. We will see what tomorrow will bring! Please keep fingers and paws crossed!:D

Crikit
04-04-2002, 07:00 PM
If you disappear I'll send the dogs out looking for you...wait that won't work because knowing those two they'd find something they wanted to do and forget all about what they wanted to do...so then I'll go searching for you :D

tatsxxx11
04-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Hah!!!:D:D:D! Could be Star!

Former User
04-05-2002, 01:03 AM
Fingers and paws are crossed. I know the problems too well, our comp is a bit weird sometimes too... or maybe it's me? ;)

LoudLou
04-05-2002, 02:43 AM
Paws and Claws crossed here hoping your CPU doesn't act up any more... Mine used toact up when I named it Edgar ( after a computer in the movie Electric Dreams... Edgar took over Moles...no Miles' life.:D ) nOw it is named Wilson (volleyball in Castaway) Wilson has behaved ever since.:rolleyes:

lynnestankard
04-05-2002, 06:23 AM
Hope it's behaving now Connie and your not going to disappear.
All that technical stuff you do is very complex - why don't you just give it the odd smack?!!!!!

Kate - how can a 'puter named Edgar behave? LOL. Wilson is SUCH a better name!! :D :D

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
04-05-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Wilson has behaved ever since.:rolleyes:

Maybe that's what's wrong. It doesn't have a name. Any suggestions?

It worked ok this morning, obviously. I sent an email to my brother in Las Vegas who is the Daddy of my computer. He put it together for me. I haven't heard from him yet but one of my other computer gurus said it COULD be something that just happens once but don't bet on it. So, it will be day by day. I would go nuts without you all. So please keep fingers and paws crossed. :D

wolflady
04-05-2002, 06:09 PM
LOL LOL Hopefully everything will be ok!! I totally know the feeling. I get the 'blue-screen of death' here at work at least once or twice a day! UGH! :rolleyes:
I agree with Sandra, a day without momoffuzzyfaces...is a day without sunshine!! I'll definitely keep my fingers and paws crossed!;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-06-2002, 10:26 AM
I taked to my brother last night. Apparently when he created my computer he put in two hard drives. When I turned it on the other day it couldn't find the second drive for some reason that's why I got a 'secondary hard disk fail' message. Then later that day, I got a fatal internal error message. According to my brother, that just happens sometimes and my computer should be ok. YEAH! I will continue to say a prayer every time I turn it on, however. I want my computer under Higher Authority!:D

04-08-2002, 04:05 PM
sounds familiar to me !!
My computer often reacts so weird ... . Niina will agree to that he !
I'm afraid it will give up working in the near future .... but I love that prayer I read here : lets cross paws and pray !!!!!!!!!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by lut
I'm afraid it will give up working in the near future .... but I love that prayer I read here : lets cross paws and pray !!!!!!!!!:D
AMEN to THAT!!
So far so good! It did develope a strange habit yesterday. When I turned it on, the cd rom drive door would open. So weird...turn on power button; cd rom opens up. Did that twice. Working like a dream today. Such a nice change from it's working like a nightmare.:D