PDA

View Full Version : stupid chest cold!

davidpizzica
12-17-2005, 11:57 PM
I've been up tonight with a stupid chest cold. I've just taken Alka Selzer for colds and I feel a little better. Rotten timing, though because I was supposed to sing in my church choir for the children's service. Because of this cold I've gone from a tenor to a bass! The throat is still sore.

sirrahbed
12-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Sorry David :(

I am also just beginning another cold and I am trying Zicam - an herbal with zinc - it is supposed to make the cold very slight and short if started within 48 hours. I am pretty skeptical but it might be worth a try....I hope this one I have does not get severe!! Take care of you :)

chocolatepuppy
12-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Poor David. :( A few weeks back I had a head cold and lost my voice for 2 days! :eek: I hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Kfamr
12-18-2005, 09:46 AM
I know exactly how you feel, I have the same.... had to refrain from coughing up a lung at work infront of customers. Nyquil has been a life saver for me because when I lay down I cough and cough and get no sleep until it knocks me out. :p

LoudLou
12-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Poor David! Sorry you have a major case of the ickies. Hubby and I both have had a cold for a few months now. I did 2 weeks of antibiotics... was well for a week then caught it again... arrrrgh!

My hubby is diabetic too, so this is what we took... Robitussin Cough DM (Sugar-free) Robitussin actually has a few out there that are sugar-free.
Chicken Soup too!
Stay warm and cozy. Hope you are feeling better in no time!

poofy
12-18-2005, 11:11 AM
David I'm so sorry your not well will say a prayer for you , get well soon :(
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/gwssd.gif

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/blinkprayerchanges.gif

moosmom
12-18-2005, 12:29 PM
:( Sorry you're not feeling well honey. Sending you cyber-chicken soup and lots of cyber hugs!!

davidpizzica
12-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Thank you for the well wishes and the suggestions! I'm sure hope this clears up by Christmas eve and day! I'm supposed to sing in my church's choir. One problem, I'm the ONLY tenor!

carole
12-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Bro I feel ya pain, I have it too, and it is summer here :eek: I hope you feel better in time for the singing and in time for xmas,so here are some get well wishes for you from down under,take care, snuggle up ,keep cosy and have some chicken broth as Donna suggested, and get better soon matey. :)

christa
12-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Seems like EVERYBODY'S had that chest thing . . . and seems to take forever to get rid of. Hope you get to feeling better soon! :)

davidpizzica
12-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Bro I feel ya pain, I have it too, and it is summer here :eek: I hope you feel better in time for the singing and in time for xmas,so here are some get well wishes for you from down under,take care, snuggle up ,keep cosy and have some chicken broth as Donna suggested, and get better soon matey. :)
Carole, I'm goiing to do just that! I'm Lutheran and we do a lot of singing Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I'll get some chicken broth and curl up with Nikki, Daisy, and Marigold. "All I want for Christmas is my voice back" Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family, Carole.