PDA

View Full Version : Sled dog pics...

Glacier
12-17-2005, 08:45 PM
I ran a 7 dog team today in order to prevent bloodshed in the yard. A tired husky is a good husky and my guys have not been tired lately. It's still far too warm and no snow. No sled today, had to use the stupid ATV. I'm a little bitter about our winter, but we had fun today anyway. Thank goodness Stuart was home to help me hook up! The dogs were insane!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/whystop.jpg
"Why are we stopping?"
They never did take a break of more than 15 seconds today. Every time I tried to stop, the dogs started jumping and barking like they were still at home waiting to go! Today's team from the leaders back: Pingo-Founder, Hobo, Franklin-Deuce, Antare-Ozzy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/enchant.jpg
My favorite spot on this trail. I call it the enchanted forest, but it doesn't look as enchanting as usual right now! Needs more snow!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/nice.jpg
I was a little worried about this combo. Franklin and Deuce have never met and never run together. Turned out to be a perfect combo and one I will be using alot! Franklin has issues with passing loose dogs or any dog really. Deuce has a one track mind when he's working, he just keeps his head down and keeps going no matter what. He was able to keep Franklin on track today. We passed at least five loose dogs without incident!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/tuckerfranky.jpg
A close up of my handsome Franky boy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/tuckeredduece.jpg
I love how Deuce looks when he's all frosty! He's also much easier to love on when he's tuckered out a bit. Usually he's bouncing around so much that petting him is tricky!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/done.jpg
Ozzy and Antare. Antare would have kept going all day and Ozzy seemed a little confused--"that's it, we're done?"

I think I'll go do a snow dance tonight. I can't remember ever still being on the ATV in December.

Uabassoon
12-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I always love seeing pictures of your team :) Sorry you haven't gotten much snow yet, I'm sure it will be there soon!

Mutt_Maniac
12-17-2005, 08:54 PM
They're gorgeous! I love the "enchanted forest" one! Can't wait to see pics of it when you call it the "real" enchanted forest!

Ginger's Mom
12-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Looks like a good time was had by all. I am so pleased that Deuce has taken so well to pulling and working with the team. :) No one else would have given him that chance, Glacier. And I love seeing Antare. Every time I see him I just melt, he is soo handsome.

cyber-sibes
12-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! (there, I helped, too) Here in Ohio we've had much more snow than usual by this time of year, maybe the snow headed south of you for the winter? Deuce is REALLY frosty! He looks pretty big next to Franklin, and very regal in that pictue, too. Hope you get more snow so everybody will chill out soon!

poofy
12-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Fantastic love the pic of your team always great to see them..they all look so wonderful.. :)

Glacier
12-18-2005, 12:32 AM
He looks pretty big next to Franklin, and very regal in that pictue, too.

They are actually about the same height, but Deuce is much heavier. Franklin has a long lean physique. Deuce is built like a tank. Deuce also really enjoys his regular meals, really enjoys them! I'm actually cutting his rations back a bit now that he has figured out he gets fed every day no matter what. He's gained a bit of weight since he got here, but he shouldn't gain any more!

Deuce always looks so proud of himself after a run. He makes me smile!

Glacier
12-18-2005, 01:57 AM
They're gorgeous! I love the "enchanted forest" one! Can't wait to see pics of it when you call it the "real" enchanted forest!

This is what the forest is supposed to look like this time of year!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/sled_forest.jpg
This was taken during the last week of November 2004.

chocolatepuppy
12-18-2005, 05:29 AM
Nice pictures Glacier! Here's hoping for more snow for you and me both! :D

Daisy and Delilah
12-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Bring on the snow!!!! We're praying here that you guys get more soon. Great pics of a gorgeous group :D

Pembroke_Corgi
12-18-2005, 07:46 AM
Your pictures are pretty (and of course your dogs too)! I can't imagine what it must be like to be pulled by a team of dogs, but it must be a neat experience!

elizabethann
12-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Great pictures. They look pooped out at the end.

gemini9961
12-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Great pics, where is all the snow?? You guys up there should have a bunch by now, right?

anna_66
12-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Ok, those were some cool pictures! I really enjoy when you go sledding (or ATVing as the case may be;)). I love the scenery and I love looking at how excited the dogs look when they get to do their job:)

I must say Deuce has really turned into a spectacular looking dog since he's been with you! I bet he's one of the happiest dogs ever!

So glad you shared these pictures with us.

LoudLou
12-18-2005, 10:53 AM
WHEEEE! Looks as tho y'all had fun. What an amazing looking team you have there too!

I_luv_rusty
12-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Aww so cute! What kind of dog is frankie? He look like rusty so much!!!!!

CagneyDog
12-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Great pictures! Too bad there isn't more snow!

Whose dogs are running around? Are they strays?

Glacier
12-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Aww so cute! What kind of dog is frankie? He look like rusty so much!!!!!

Franklin is an Alaskan Husky--a mutt bred to pull basically.

Glacier
12-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Whose dogs are running around? Are they strays?

All the dogs were with their owners or in the general area of their owners anyway! No strays, just off-leash. It's rare to see a dog on a leash around here! That's part of why I don't mind Daisy tagging along..she's a good warning system. She always lets me know if there's someone ahead of us on the trail.

luvofallhorses
12-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Great pictures! :) Your dogs are beautiful! :)

Cincy'sMom
12-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Gorgeous pictures as always! Your dogs always look so happy and content, no matter the time of year!! Wishing you much snow soon!

Toby's my baby
12-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Great pictures! All your dogs are so cute!! I love the enchanted forest too! The picture of it last November is gorgeaus!

finn's mom
12-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Those are wonderful pictures...the enchanted forest looks awesome!

*sled_dog*
12-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Great pictures! I know what you mean when you should have snow, but you don't ;) It is just so much funner with the sled! :D . I am glad you all had fun though!! :)

KYS
12-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Gorgeous pictures. Looks like sledding would be a lot of fun and work. :)

Lobodeb
12-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Great pictures as always. I take it that you still haven't had much luck getting Sundin into his harness?

Glacier
12-19-2005, 01:34 AM
Great pictures as always. I take it that you still haven't had much luck getting Sundin into his harness?

Not yet, but yesterday he decided to let me scratch his ears. First time I've touched the top of his head. He let me pet him some more today. Tomorrow I'm making a move for his collar. I'm planning a long run tomorrow and really want to take him!

cloverfdx
12-19-2005, 08:05 AM
I will do a snow dance for you Glacier ;). Wonderfulk photos as always, the dogs look so happy and excited :D. I was so happy to see Ozzy, he is looking so handsome.

Thanks for sharing.

lv4dogs
12-19-2005, 08:19 AM
I love your posts, your pictures & stories. Thanks for sharing them with us. The gang is just so cute like always.

Good luck with Sundin tomorrow. Hope you get to take him on your run & it opens him up some more. :D Let us know how it goes please?

BitsyNaceyDog
12-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I always love seeing your pictures. The first picture is especially amazing! I'm sorry you don't have more snow, hopefully it will come very soon.

pitc9
12-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Frosty Deuce the snow dog..... LOL!! :D
Great Pictures!!

k9krazee
12-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Deuce looks so proud of himself, what a good lookin boy he has become!! I always love seeing your pictures and stories, they all look so happy! Thats great that you've been able to pet Sundin...yay, progress!! Hope you get some snow soon, that kinda stinks...