PDA

View Full Version : The Phone rang....

catnapper
12-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Angel was helping me wrap presents tonight and was doing quite a good job
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/Peekaboo.jpg

In the middle of our wrapping session, the phone rang. It was her new parents.... could they come pick her up tonight? They came over half an hour later, and took my little Angel away.

Good bye dear sweet Angel. I love you, and I know you are going to the bestest of homes.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/runningdad/GoodbyeAngel.jpg

Well, she's gone now, and I am at peace with it. She was not mine to keep, and never was. I asked God to send her where she belongs, and that is what He did. You can never second guess things that were put into God's hands.

Who is the upset one in my home? HUBBY! He tells me AFTER they leave that he wanted her to stay :rolleyes: but he did admit they are wonderful people and they will give her care we'd never be able to give her due to finances.

orangemm
12-17-2005, 05:22 PM
As long as you know Angel has a new, loving home with caring parents, you will be able to live with that. Not having to worry or fret about where she is and if she is happy is the best present you could have.

You were the best meowmie she could have had until her new family came along.

She won't forget you.

Mad Mags Moo
12-17-2005, 05:43 PM
What great news and Kim....you did a FAB job and she wont forget what a good foster home she had...well done you! :D and you know she will be in a very good home too!

catmandu
12-17-2005, 05:49 PM
You are to be commended for giving Angel a second chance in life, something that so many Starry Cats never recieve.
And now Angel has the Best PetMas Gift of all,a New Furr Ever Home,and maybe down the road there will be another Little Starry Cat who needs a Friend!
Well done!

slleipnir
12-17-2005, 05:51 PM
That's great she found a good home..but I honestly wonder how you people do it...I've often thought about fostering animals...but I get SO attached that I don't think it would work out...

-- new owners come to pick kitty up...I would be like "I'm sorry, why are you here?"
them: to pick up our new kitty!!
me: what kitty?
them: ......

I would have to hide the cat or something cause I would be too attached...how greedy of me, huh?! I would make a horrible foster mom!

jenluckenbach
12-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Good bye Angel. Have fun in your new home. I hope we can keep tabs on how you and your leg are doing.

As for the "after-the-fact" statement of the desire to keep Angel.....a certain OTHER hubby, who shall remain nameless, did the same thing about Pouncer when he went away to his firsat adoption day (and got adopted). :rolleyes:

Uabassoon
12-17-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm happy to hear that she went to her new home. I know it must be sad for you, but now you can save another kitty.

catnapper
12-17-2005, 07:51 PM
As for the "after-the-fact" statement of the desire to keep Angel.... a certain OTHER hubby, who shall remain nameless, did the same thing about Pouncer when he went away to his firsat adoption day (and got adopted). :rolleyes:
Want him back? Slightly used, slightly nawtee, and chock full o' crystals. :p

k9krazee
12-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Buh Bye Angel! Have fun in your new forever home!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Kim, I'm sure it was hard to let her go but at least you've been able to meet her new family a few times and you know that she's going to a very loving and caring home with two sisters for her too. You've done a wonderful job and I hope that her new parents will stay in touch with you and give you updates and pictures too. :)

shais_mom
12-18-2005, 12:10 AM
**hugs Kim**

jenluckenbach
12-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Want him back? Slightly used, slightly nawtee, and chock full o' crystals. :p
To be honest, I am used to NAW-TEE and ALL my cats eat the diet he needs. :p SO don't tempt me. ;)

smokey the elder
12-18-2005, 08:02 AM
That's great! Some fosters take up a bigger piece of your heart than others. When I had Raven, I knew she had to get adopted QUICK or she was going to be #8. :p :)