PDA

View Full Version : Adopting shelter kitties....

Court
12-17-2005, 10:43 AM
I am considering in the next month or so, to adopt one more cat. It will make it a "cat family" of 6. I have always gotten my cat's from "free kitten" posts in my local paper and I have felt bad afterwards, knowing an older cat might be put to sleep. I have been looking at several kitties on Petfinder and I came across one. She was a stray and only has one eye, from the result of getting into a motor last January to keep warm. Her story is very sad. They said she get's along good with other cat's, so that's a plus too. I'm waiting to hear back from the foster mother. I sent her an e-mail last night. I'll keep you guys posted. Oh....the name of the shelter is Friends of Ferals in Huntsville Alabama. Check them out on Petfinder. The cat's name is Sarah.

kimlovescats
12-17-2005, 11:20 AM
That sounds like a wonderful idea, and wonderful choice. I hope it all works out! ;)

catnapper
12-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Good luck! I hope it works out. As a volunteer for a rescue, I have to tell you, you won't regret it. You'll be amazed at the love you'll find from a rescued cat.

orangemm
12-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh, how wonderful to offer a homeless animal a new, furrever home! A place to feel secure and to be loved. What a lovely thing to do. Sarah would probably be so grateful!!! :) :)

kuhio98
12-17-2005, 12:50 PM
All of our kitties are from shelters. The only thing that worries me is your expectations of Sarah. If she truly is feral, please don't expect her to fit in quickly or be a lap kitty. Some feral kitties will never be comfortable being around people. People lost patience with them because they expect something else. Hopefully, Sarah will be a wonderful addition to your family.

smokey the elder
12-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Thanks for considering adopting a special needs adult. I have two (my CH cat Diva and cancer survivor Pink Nose) and they are the most grateful, loving cats.