PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst case of animal cruelty you have evr witnessed/heard about?

Miss Z
12-17-2005, 04:09 AM
I am getting sooooo fed up with the attitude towards animals in my area:mad: :mad: :mad: . Some people just think that they're objects or possessions. One day i'll swing for someone and knock the stupid grin off their face. I know that's wrong, but i can feel the blood simmering inside me when i hear someone talk about animals in a very uncaring way. Sorry to moan about this, but here is the best place, because my family cares about animals, but not nearly as much as i do, so they get tired of my whining:rolleyes: So here are some cases which i know about that make me want to claw the walls with anger:

1. A few years ago, three ponies were brought into a field in the park next to my house. Word soon got round between the kids that there were ponies in the field, so, loving anything horsey, me and my friend went to go and have a look. What i found shocked me.
The horses were covered in dirt, the stallion's mane so matted that it was basically a black clump. His headcollar was so tight that he had sores all around his face that flies were feeding off. It also looked like all of them were infected with ringworm, as children began to catch it after patting them. The field was too small for 3 ponies to have space to exercise in, and when it rained, the field became so boggy that the ponies sank about six inches in the mud. Their teeth needed rasping, and their hooves were getting overgrown. It also looked as if the shetland pony was lame, and i soon noticed a sandcrack in his hoof. The field they were in contained no shelter, a broken bath which had no water, and nothing to eat but the sparsely growing grass.
Me and my friend were with the ponies pretty much through every light hour throughout our holidays. We groomed them as best we could, brought them food and brought them continuous supplies of buckets of water, which were gulped down very quickly on hot days. We had to cut the headcollar from the stallion as it had dug so deep into his face. We also told passers by about this cruelty, as many came up inquiringly, thinking that they were our ponies. All throughout this, the ponies were as friendly as any other to anyone, but they formed a special bond with us.
Many people in our area complained to the RSPCA about the appalling conditions that the ponies were kept in, but by the time they arrived on the scene, the ponies had gone. Some people said that they saw a woman drive up with a trailer and shoved all 3 ponies into it. How she got away with it, and how she mananges to live with herself, i'll never know.

2. When Brando had a life-saving operation, my mum was telling some people at her work about how he was worth all of the money spent on saving him. Then, someone turned around and told her:
"We used to have two hamsters. One got very ill and we had to put him down. Then the other one got ill, but there was no way i was paying another £15 for the vet's pocket. We put him in a bag and tied it to the car exhaust pipe and turned the car on. Basically the same way to go."
My mum was shocked, and informed her that that was a teribble thing to do and putting animals to sleep was far more humane. but this lady was having none of. I think if she'd have told me that then she'd have woken up in casualty.
Obviously that story has never been proven, but it seems a very weird thing to boast about.

So, any other cases you would like to share? More voices make this kind of people deflate. God, i hate them sooooooooo much:mad:

areias
12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I just posted the two I found horrible. At the boarding kennel, you see a lot of different things. There was an elderly greyhound someone brought in...we had them turn right around and take it to the vet, it's tail was bleeding horribly, from the base. They had only told us to rebandage it once, after taking it to the vet, but when there was a stench in the kennel we decided to do it again...it was absolutely horrible looking, and the vet had used a sticky bandage right over the wound. :(

Other dogs that come in, they will be completely happy go lucky. The next time they come in it's like they are a completely different dog, cowering and sulking, and wanting nothing to do with you. You can tell they've been kicked around quite a bit. :(

There was a farm I called animal services on. I was looking for boarding, called this farm up, the guy said to come out and feel free to look around even if he wasn't there. Well, he wasn't, so I walked into the barn. The first stall, was boarded up and there was a padlock on it with a sign that said Do Not Open. There was a horse in there. All of the stalls were complete slop, wet and loaded with feces. The horses didn't look too terrible, until I got down to the end and there was one that was just skin and bones. They had another row of stalls on the other end...there was one horse that just looked a little off. I clicked at him and said "hey baby" and he turned to walk towards me, and almost fell. His leg was swollen up about 4-5 times what it should be, it looked like an elephant leg. It looked exactly like one of the horses on an old episode of animal cops. Not to mention he was also really skinny. I got really sick to my stomach, and decided to leave before the guy got back. I called animal services, but the farm is still in business. I'm not sure if any of the horses were removed, but at least I did the best I could.

CathyBogart
12-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I've witnessed a few things working in a pet store that were just horrifying...birds who people had tried to "trim their wings" and had cut into the muscle on the wings, a hamster some little )#&$* of a kid had spun ot death in a ball, someone told me about her dad wringing his parrot's neck because it learned a cuss word and then LAUGHED!

Another bad one was my neighbor's little Keeshond puppy. Riley is a sweet little thing, and he's actually pretty well cared for now (though he's outside when they're not home which I don't like) but one day they left him as a 14 wek old puppy in his crate in the backyeard on a 90 degree day! He was crying and crying and panting and drooling, and after less than an hour he just fell over. I called the ASPCA who came and took him, and the wife actually thanked me later...I guess she hadn't realized her husband had been leaving him outside.

moosmom
12-18-2005, 08:59 AM
This is by far the one that stays in my mind.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/569/

Mazurek certainly didn't get what she truly deserved! I was there at the trial and she has ice water running through her veins. :mad:

QueenScoopalot
12-18-2005, 09:31 AM
There's too many to list, but this one is awful! :mad:
http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/5686/MA/US/

king2005
12-18-2005, 09:39 AM
The family took in unwanted dogs & puppies & fed them just enough to keep them alive & have some meat on their bones.

Every month they had a new dog. Guess what heppened to the dogs? Dinner. Which is fine & all, but its illigal in this country to eat dogs & to starve them.

I called the law on them all the time. Nothing was done. Then I learned who the landlord was & told my friends father to get him to kick those people out. They were gone a few months later & couldn't keep dogs where they lived & the towns folks were alerted of what they were doing.

Alysser
12-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Last year my friend in Florida called me the day before I was supposed to visit her.When I got there the next day I was horrified to see a stray dog dead on the road. A cinderblock was right next to it:( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

wolfsoul
12-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Earlier this year there was someone in my city going around killing cats and decapitating them and throwing them on people's lawns.

RICHARD
12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
A few years ago I was passing by an area near a freeway overpass and saw a dead dog, near that over pass was a high (secondary) school.

A few days later we drove by the same area and some one had taken a stick and plunged it thru the dog's corpse-they left the stick standing straight up...

I knew it had to me one of the sick effers that was from that school....
I really wish I had seen them do it.....I'd be in jail right now. :mad:

Jadapit
12-19-2005, 04:19 PM
This is one of the worst cases I have ever read about or seen. This place was supposed to be a rescue. :mad: http://www.ozarkdogs.com/ednah.htm

WolvesRawk
12-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Lilly, A Quarter Horse mare, was owned by some people we knew. She was in terrible condition and her pitch black coat was at the time brown spotted and mud coated. She had terrible hooves and was in a paddock with 7 other horses. She was terrified of people and having er ears touched. Her owners had gotten her from a ranch in Montana and she had her winter coat. She had never even seen clippers but they decided to beat her untill she behaved. Lilly then kicked him in the head because of the harsh treatment and almost killed him. Since then they continued to beat her to get her to do what they wanted. We had heard about the thing with the clippers and knew that she had been traumatized but we didn't think it was that bad untill we saw how they handled her. They borded her at my house. Some other people we knew bought her. I was the only on that could handle her and she trusted me. The horse i had bought from the prevevious owner had a really bad back problem that they had never treated. The ones who bought her were afraid of her because of how she acted. They bought her because they figured she was the same way to others as she was for me. After a while, they gave her to me for my 12th birthday.

I know that the abuse that I explained didn't seem bad but that's just because i'mnot good at explaining. It really was alot worse. :(

Winglover
12-22-2005, 04:24 PM
When we took in mika she was more dead than alive. The owner didnt feed her and didn't give her medicine when she got a nasty cold. she had blad spots from the fleas eating her and her tail was almost hairless
I went to the ASPCA and they told me they couldnt do anything. She was 2 years old and her weight was under 2 lbs.she was shaking and afraid I spent all night on the futon with her and she shit all over me in my sleep. Now she is a little porky and the biggest lapcat in the world

emilysgk
01-01-2006, 12:28 AM
I used to know a guy...I liked him until I heard his stories. He lived in a trailer park, and of course there were tons of wild cats. An unfortunate, but very common problem in areas like that. Well the owner of the park, used to pay the guy to get rid of the cats. He didnt care how he did it or anything, just to do it. His *favorite* way, I suppose was the best, since it was an immidiate death, but I dont know how someone could do it over and over. He used to laugh while he talked about it! So here goes, he would take the cats, hold them over a trash can by the neck, then hit them really hard right on top of there head. He held them over the can because of the immidiate release of urine and feces. It severed there spinal cords. That is just sick. UGH, how could somone do that, and tell stories and laugh?? And someone paid him to do it? He did other things too, but that seemed to be the most common one. Its just so sick. I havnt thought about this stuff in a long time now. Just brings up anger now that I do think about it. I have stories from a kennel I used to work at, but nothing that compares to that.

BC_MoM
01-01-2006, 12:32 AM
All the friggin kids here who are setting cats and dogs on fire.. there's so many cases of it..... GR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S JUST PLAIN SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Allecto
01-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Some of the worst I have seen or hear of...

A local man who used to shoot his dog with a bb gun to toughen it up and make it mean. He just let the bb's heal inside the dog.

This past year was a horrible year for blowfly strikes. Several owners allowed their animals to suffer in this way until they died from it. Mainly sheep and poultry, but one family finally brought in a dog that had been battling it for a week, that they KNEW OF. They knew for a week he was infested with the larvae!!! I won't describe any more, but of course we (at the shelter/emergency vets where I was volunteering) quickly put the poor thing down. I have hardly ever been as angry in my life as I was at those people.

But you know what I think some of the worst animal cruelty is that I see over and over and over? Sweet, loving, painfully lonely dogs left tied up and ignored. Taking a social animal like a dog and dooming it to life unloved and alone is, IMHO, about as cruel as it gets.

Allecto
01-01-2006, 06:30 PM
All the friggin kids here who are setting cats and dogs on fire.. there's so many cases of it..... GR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S JUST PLAIN SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I'd see cases like that on the news when I was living in Denver. I agree, truly horrible.