PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2 of spaying neighbours cats starting....

carole
12-17-2005, 12:57 AM
Ok just want some positive vibes sent my way, I am about to take on phase 2 as i call it, I now have to trap Zara and get her spayed hopefully before xmas is upon us, I am really nervous about this one, it is all new to me and not something I enjoy doing, but the end result it well worth it.

When i released Victoria from my care, she went and stole the kitten from my yard and disappeared with him , i never saw him for over a week, but finally they brought him out, the neighbour next to the bad cat owner talked to me and said she was worried about the kitten, as the weather was atrocious today and raining heavily, he was hidden behind a shrub basically but was still not completely covered and mama's left him in the rain, and he was crying a lot today, so i figured it is time to take him to the shelter, he is a bit young and i did not want to take him for another two weeks, he is about three weeks old.

He might have been getting unwell, we are not sure, he is a bit lethargic looking, but could have just had a nice feed, so its a wait and see game, he has been put with a foster mother at the shelter so we hope he is not sick and make the other kittens sick, he looks cute, mama is black with slight ginger tonings and all her kittens and one already foster are black and then you have this gorgeous ginger and white boy who stands out.

Sometimes things just dont go according to plan, it would have been good for him to have another two weeks, but it was becoming too risky, he is exposed to too many dangers where he was, he was fine in my back shed, just such a pity Victoria chose to shift him and not to a better place. To top it all off I have come down sick , nasty cold , sore throat, headache etc, just what I don't need right now with all this to do and the weather has really caved in and before xmas.

So wish me luck with my trapping this week please, then i have to find the other cats kittens, no idea how many there are and get her spayed and then I AM DONE for good. :)

rosethecopycat
12-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Good Luck trapping.
You are doing a great service to cats.
:)

moosmom
12-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Carole,

Please take care of yourself, will you?? You won't be worth anything to anyone if you're sick.

You amaze me!! I am so honored to be your cyber pal. Your determination and strong will go far beyond.

(((((HUGS)))))))

Donna

QueenScoopalot
12-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Go Carole Go!You'll feel so much better not seeing all those babies being born, and the mama cats will be much healthier from your efforts. ;) Keep up the good work, and don't overdo things. :)

kuhio98
12-17-2005, 09:21 AM
You guys are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work! You are making a difference in the lives of these cats. Take care of yourself.

poofy
12-17-2005, 01:56 PM
wonderful job your doing..and i do so hope you get well soon..http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/gwssd.gif

carole
12-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks all my dear friends,not feeling very good today, but taking it easy and getting some bed rest, I have to get myself better quickly so I can continue with what I am doing, it is a very heady chesty cold or whatever it is, I seem to be plagued with this type of thing quite a bit,I have major sinus issues, and then it develops into this, and to think it is summer her in NZ, i expect this in winter , oh well I am sure by the end of the week I will be much better, especially with all the lovely get well wishes from you all.

Rang the cat shelter and lil ginger boy is doing ok so far, no further developments so hopefully he is not sick, is settling in well with his new litter mates and foster mama, so that is great to hear.

I am concerned that i will not beable to get Zara, even though i have a trap now, it is not going to be straight forward, thing is i can get pretty darn close to her, but just not close enough, i will probably end up trapping the Tom, which would be ok, except i need to do the girls first, he has to go on the waiting list i am afraid.

Fingers and all paws crossed please for a good outcome, I will book her in anyhow and hope for the best.

You know I am almost considering fostering now, but i am in two minds, i know it can be heartbreaking, I am not sure I am the right person to take it on, I am the biggest worry wart you can imagine, my house is not really set up for it, and I don't know if i can give them back, and I have seen it all here on PT and know that everyone nearly always ends up keeping a foster or two or three or four lol, I just simply have not the finances for that, so for now i will concentrate on what i am doing and then give it some consideration, I would like to foster ginger boy when he is old enough and maybe the others when i find them.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Hehe, I passed the virus to Carole! I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to get you sick! :)

Good luck. I love you for all you do for those kitties!

carole
12-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Yes well Megan even though i feel lousy I can really see the funny side of it, for those on PT who don't know Megan and i were chatting on yahoo Friday morning, I asked how she was, and she said not good, sore throat , headache etc, offering her sympathy I went about my day until late afternoon, who came down with a sore throat, headache, I mean I know the mind is powerful and all he he, but talk about a coincidence, beware folks, looks like you can pass on virus'es of the other kind via computer lol,is kinda freaky when you think about though eh Megan?The only warning signs i had was that i was sneezing a bit that morning and feeling tired, little did i know what was lurking eh?

If anyone can offer me advice re trapping Zara I would appreciate it, I am really nervous and worried about it and don't feel confident I am going to get her, she is booked for spaying wednesday morning, they said I need to keep her in a cage overnight here before releasing her, well I wish I could keep her for longer, I don't want her out in the open straight away after her op, so not nice,but i don't want to freak her out either, I can almost get up to Zara and I think she is beginning to trust me some, but not close enough to grab her, I was playing with her on the fence last night, I grabbed a long stalk of grass and she was playing with it, so cute, I mean would a true feral ever do that? I kinda figure i will end up with the wrong cat in that trap, i so need to get her before she is pregnant again , she could be even now for all i know, the Tom is hanging around his girls all the time at the moment, gosh he is a big brute of a cat, especially around the shoulders, big head and skinny body, he is not the prettiest of boys, but then if he had a home and was not feral i bet he would look much prettier.

PLEASE give me advice, I am so a novice at all this, and I just worry myself silly, about the what if's?

Another thing i was curious about, was when Zara had the kitten she was playing with it, it was about 3 wks old, like a kitty would play with a mouse, pouncing on it etc, is that normal behaviour?, she is only a young kitty, about a year old.