PDA

View Full Version : Paxil is home...

Glacier
12-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Paxil is home recovering from her surgery. Two lumps were removed today. She has some big wounds where they were taken out. Hopefully that means that all the cancer cells are gone! I didn't get a chance to talk to the vet tonight, but I'll be calling on Monday. I had a full blood panel done prior to the surgery and I'd like to know what that showed. I'm a little concerned that Paxil required a full bag of saline to assist her in coming out of the anaesthetic. That could just be a precaution due to her age or it could mean that her liver values were off in the blood tests.

She's a little whiny tonight, but I gave her some Metacam and she seems more comfortable now. She's giving kisses and has even been outside once. She's snuggled up on her bed by the woodstove right now.

When we walked into the clinic this morning, there was a beautiful rottie on the waiting room floor in a full blown grand-mal seizure. That dog didn't get to go home tonight. When I picked up Paxil, the rottie's owner was sitting in a kennel with her trying not to let anyone see she was crying. I have been that sobbing owner sitting beside a sick critter, praying that tomorrow they'll get to come home, asking for a miracle & occasionally receiving one. I hope that lady gets one and her dog is home soon. It certainly put things back into perspective for me--Paxil's home, happy and I can snuggle her whenever I want. The other animals are all pretty much healthy and happy, nothing that can't be controlled and managed is wrong. Really, what else matters?

tz1
12-17-2005, 12:31 AM
I hope she makes a complete and fast recovery! We love you paxil!

finn's mom
12-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Aw, that rottie. :( You are such a kind hearted person for thinking of him and his owner. I hope she gets a miracle, too. I am glad to hear that Paxil is home and comfortable. I do hope that makes a full, speedy recovery!

cloverfdx
12-17-2005, 01:22 AM
I am so glad to hear Paxil is at home and recovering {{Hugs}}. That poor lady and her Rottie, how heartbraking :(, i will be sending some positive healing vibes there way.

Feel better soon Paxil.

chocolatepuppy
12-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Pawsitive thoughts for Paxil to be well soon! :)

Daisy and Delilah
12-17-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm still crying after reading the DOTD story so I'll just cry some more. Poor baby Rottie and his owner. Bless them.

Paxil, get well!!! You can do it sweetheart!! Thoughts and prayers are always with you and Paxil, Glacier :)

cyber-sibes
12-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Welcome home sweet Paxil! Glad to hear everything went well. Will keep Paxil and that poor rotti & mom in my prayers. Our fluffy ones are so precious to us!

poofy
12-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Get well soon Paxil and Im so sorry for that lady and her pup..the lord help them both

RobiLee
12-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm glad that Paxil made it safely through surgery and is home now. I hope she heals quickly and without too much pain. Please give her a gentle hug from me. I will keep her in my thoughts and hope that all we hear from now is good news. I am sending out a prayer for the rottie and owner. How heartbreaking.

{{HUGS}}

caseysmom
12-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I am glad Paxil is home with you, sorry to hear about the Rottie, at least he has a good owner that is getting him the help he needs.