PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta - Thomson, GA Sat.- Need Filled ANYONE??

TopSpoT
04-04-2002, 09:59 AM
We are trying to get a 3 month old utd on shots Dalmatian Puppy "Disney" to her new home in Virginia on Saturday. She will be crated. We are in desperate need of a leg from Atlanta to Thomson GA which is about 118 miles. This is the only leg that we need filled. Please, if anyone can help Disney and her new family would be so greatful! The time frame will be between 1:30-4. Please email me at [email protected] BEFORE 4:30 or [email protected] after 4:30 or call anytime at 251-604-2167.

Thanks!
Amber

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-04-2002, 10:34 AM
I spoke with Amber and I will be taking Disney on that leg.

Dixieland Dancer
04-04-2002, 10:53 AM
Great! Disney can help you celebrate your birthday!

mruffruff
04-04-2002, 11:48 AM
Hooray! I was afraid the trip might be cancelled before it got started. I've got the Columbia to Fayetteville leg on Sunday morning.

I'm glad PetTalkers are able to help.

Mary

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Candy, that is exactly what I was thinking! What better was to celebrate my birthday than help a pup on her journey to her forever home!

Mary, do you know if Bonnie is a Pet Talker? She is doing the Thomson to Columbia leg.

Logan
04-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Hurray for you transporters!! I have found that there is no greater service I can do with rescue than to help these little friends on their way to a better life.

Keep on posting those routes, and if I can help, I'll be there in an instant!!! Promise!!! :D

mruffruff
04-05-2002, 01:18 PM
Souraya,

I really don't have a clue! I plan to ask Shannon if she is a PetTalker, but I won't even meet Bonnie. I will also ask Margie when I turn Disney over to her.

I hope to get at least one picture of Disney to post.

Wish we could meet; maybe at a Southeastern PetTalk meeting!;)

Mary

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Mary, at first, I thought that you were picking Disney up from me in Thomson and I was getting excited! Oh well, I guess we have to plan a Southeast Pet Talk meeting. I would love to meet everyone.

Anyhow, I plan on bringing my digital Camera and taking pictures of Disney. I bet she is just darling! I love Dal puppies! Have a safe drive, Mary!

Logan
04-05-2002, 06:47 PM
A Southeastern Pet Talk Meeting should definitely take place!!! Souraya, you are less than two hours from me, as is Mary!! In fact, I go through Columbia all the time, Mary, so we really have no excuse!!!!

Let's plan something for the spring or summer. I'd love it!!! And Honey and Lilly would too, if they are invited, of course. :)

Fuzzy317
04-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
... we have to plan a Southeast Pet Talk meeting. I would love to meet everyone ...

DoggiesAreTheBest, we should meet, since we are only about 10 minutes away from each other.

delidog
04-06-2002, 05:26 AM
i am so happy that pettalkers are able to help a fellow spotty...i wish that i didn't have to work!!!
love the thought of a southeast pet talk meeting!!!!

delilah!!!!
dal.mix
cannot wait for photos of disney!!!! what a great name

lbaker
04-06-2002, 06:12 AM
I have a pickumup truck and live just outside DC and can drive anyone anywhere with only a moments notice. You can pm me if needed to drive in the mid-east coast area, any time - day or night.

mruffruff
04-08-2002, 09:25 AM
Mission accomplished!:D

Margie picked Disney up at 1:15 on Sunday. I got an e-mail saying she had arrived. It had an attachment with pictures that I couldn't open. And I had a Senior moment (that lasted 3 hours). I took my digital camera and forgot to use it. My daughter and granddaughter weren't much help; they forgot, too.

I asked for the pictures to be re-sent to me. When I get them, I'll pass them on.

Disney was a delight to transport. She was in a carrier, which she wasn't thrilled about. After a few whines, barks and clawing at the door, she went to sleep. She's a real friendly dog.

I'd LOVE a Southeastern meeting. Where & when? I'll be there.

Mary

Dixieland Dancer
04-08-2002, 09:28 AM
Perhaps Souraya got pictures of Disney.

How was your birthday transport Souraya?

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-08-2002, 10:26 AM
The transport was great! Disney was such a cutie. And I forgot to bring my camera. Yes, I am kicking myself for forgetting. I wish you guys could have seen her. What a doll!

Andrew came along too. It was his first transport and we had a great time.

Just let me know when everyone wants to meet. I am in!

jennifert
04-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Southeast, Midwest, Texas! What about me!!????;) I'm way up here in Syracuse NY. EVERYWHERE is far from me! The PA people and I should get together. Then again PA is a big place and they could be 5 or 6 hours from me too!! Maybe I'll just go chill with the Canadian folks!! ;)

But seriously, I'm far but if it's w/i a day's drive count me in! I'll do what I can to get there and meet everyone!!

Gio
04-09-2002, 03:50 AM
EVERYWHERE is far from me!

LOL, I'm even worse off than you!

Well one day I might organize a round trip! :)

mruffruff
04-09-2002, 01:06 PM
I can't transfer the pics I got of Disney and her new family. Did anyone else get them?

Mary