PDA

View Full Version : Ok, This has been happening a lot around here

Suki Wingy
12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
WHY on EARTH would someone put an apostrophy in a word that is JUST plural!
examples from latley on here:
video's
cola's
PLEASE if you are making this mistake take notice, it is making it hard to read and understand when you use incorrect grammar!

Flatcoatluver
12-16-2005, 07:39 PM
I am so sorry if I am one of those people. I can't spell though.

CagneyDog
12-16-2005, 07:50 PM
What I find even more annoying is when people can't spell things right. I know that we all spell things wrong occasionally but some people spell every word they write totally wrong.

Or when people spell friend like "frend" and really like rilly. If you can't take the time to get it right than don't post at all. It's ironic because the people that usually spell like that aren't in a rush, they stay on PT all day they just choose to write like that.

PLEASE if you are making this mistake take notice, it is making it hard to read and understand when you use incorrect grammar!

Yeah, it's also hard to read when you spell things like "latley" ;)

Corinna
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Excuse me!!! I have dislexisa and can't help it so sorry to you all! we have gone through this once before . get over it.

CagneyDog
12-16-2005, 07:58 PM
I do understand that people have dyslexia and that's alright. Sorry, my post was directed to the people that completely capable but choose not to.

Lady's Human
12-16-2005, 08:04 PM
I think we can put this whole issue to sleep. It has been discussed, rehashed, argued about, and debated ad infinitum. I really see no need to go through this again.

For those who still feel like there's more to be said on the issue, here's the thread.....

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=41033

Suki Wingy
12-16-2005, 09:44 PM
sorry, I am a very bad speller but when I see that apostrophy when there shouldn't be one I'm just CRAWLING out of my skin, I'll stop now.

cali
12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
I am bad at spelling and grammar, lots of people are, get over it. EVERYONE has little things that annoy them, you cant please everyone. I ENJOY posting on message boards and obviously so do others, people have said "type your post in word then copy and paste it here" easy answer..NO. why? because posting here is FUN, I will NOT look up word spellings or proper grammar and I will not type in another program before posting, thats not fun, thats tedious and incredibly annoying, if someone chooses to do so, good for them, its obviously something they dont mind, but frankly I do mind.

Karen
12-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Misplaced apostrophes annoy me a lot in the real world. But many people just do NOT understand when to use them and when not to.

We ask that everyone try their best to use proper spelling and grammar, it is only polite for others. We have a whole thread about this in General, it is one of the stickied ones at the top of the forum. We don't need a new thread for it!

We are all human and make mistakes, and therefore should forgive others when they make mistakes, too!

tz1
12-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I don't make any of the mistakes you mention, but even if I did, why would it be such a big deal? I go to college, I already have enough classes where I have to have perfect syntax. Why waste my time to have perfect grammar and spelling when I am just posting to have fun and relax? :p

carole
12-17-2005, 01:16 AM
Honestly there are much more important things in my life than worrying about this type of thing, I have said it all before and once again, I come here to listen to what people have to say and enjoy,I find it all a bit nit-picking to be perfectly truthful, and I simply do not care either way, I am more interested in what people are saying, not if it is spelt correctly, using proper grammar,and keep in mind I do not spell the same as Americans, example, color American way, Colour Kiwi way, Check American way, Cheque Kiwi way.

cloverfdx
12-18-2005, 01:08 AM
I am terribly sorry if i am one of the people who do it. Shayna and Carole very well said :D.

jackie
12-18-2005, 07:15 PM
I sometimess make mistakes, and most things do not bother me, but a couple of posters make me cringe. He is an example...

its reallyreally hard to undesrtand wot u r trying toconvey when u just typ like this all the time and never bother to sepeerate yoiur sentancess in the slightist reviewing ur posts can makeit alot easier for the other people here to undertand what you want to saty periods and spaces are usedfor a reasson like you know what i mean when allthe words juts run together into a big huge jumbled paragraf i never bother to read the post and i am sure most of the other people on the boarfd would agree with me it only takes like 2 seconfds to read your post b4 you hit the submit button and if u cant understand what you just wrote i am sure noone else will be able to lolz and ihope u all have like a great xmas and a totally super new year like u did all the ither yearz kissez to all my frends who took the tim to read alll this out,,,,

PHEW! that was really hard to write! :D

KYS
12-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Boy Jackie! And that was really hard to read. lol

Karen
12-18-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm gonna close this thread, as the aforementioned thread covers this topic very well and completely.