PDA

View Full Version : Agian with the pits...

_Sassy_
12-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I just looked up illegal dog fighting on google because my friend wanted some information on what it was. She didn't really understand what I was telling her so I gave her some sites. Look at this one:(:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/4x4_reports/2077040.stm

Just increasing more hatred for pits. :rolleyes: :mad:

Miss Z
12-17-2005, 03:38 AM
It's sad that many people are killed by rogue dogs. But you can't tar all fighting dogs with the same brush. With gentle handling as puppies, any dog would surely grow up being a lovely natured pet for a caring family. I think that dog owners are also slightly to blame. I often find that people where i live that own the pits or the rottweilers etc tend to be, well... fairly incompetent when it comes to looking after a dog. I'M NOT SAYING THAT FOR ALL FIGHTING DOG OWNERS, I KNOW MANY WHO KNOW MUCH MORE THAN I DO!!!! But sometimes it just seems to me that they are not fully aware about the abilities and power of their pets. I mean, for example, i've seen large dogs yanked on their leads, slapped on the back and kicked in the chest by boys with shaved heads and thick accents. That would just encourage them, as it would any animal,to be nasty to humans.

How many people did it say were hospitalised, about 3400??? When you think about it, that is a very tiny fraction of the population of the UK. Way more people are killed by careless driving. The government would do better to ban something like alcohol abuse or smoking, as these two things cause millions of deaths every year.

_Sassy_
12-17-2005, 08:33 AM
I am not blaming the people who got attacked. I think it is completely the owners fault. I would keep them in the house and not in a yard God Forbid Anything. I just don't like the fact that sweet and loving pits have to be muzzled because of other dogs. Most pits I know are ALOT sweeter then even Sassy. :(

Miss Z
12-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Most pits I know are ALOT sweeter then even Sassy. :(

Exactly:)

Did you think i said that you were blamimg the people that got attacked? I really didn't, now i've read my post again i feel bad if that's how you took it. I just meant people in general. Sorry if i've upset you:(

_Sassy_
12-17-2005, 08:50 AM
No, of course not! I thought people that read the board thought I was saying that so that's why I posted it. Sorry, if you misunderstood.

Miss Z
12-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Oh, OK! Phew, i thought that i'd upset you then!!!

Vette
12-17-2005, 08:36 PM
:( I too think its entirely the owners fauilt.
if they spened time with their dog/s instead of leaving all the dog all by itself this crap wouldnt happen.