PDA

View Full Version : Terribly Sad

areias
12-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I was at work today, and a dog came in to board, that I was warned might bite. I asked his story...he was an abuse case. He had all of his legs broken and his throat slit. He's all better now, but he won't let anyone near him, let alone touch him. And you could just see all the pain, agony, mistrust, in his eyes. It was really horrible. I don't understand what would make someone do that to a creature that innocent, I think that dog is ruined for life. I'm glad he's in a good home now, but I'm sure he relives his abuse every time he sees someone new. :(

There was another dog a while back that came in, that I will never forget. This was what the owner, an older man named Fred, told me...he was walking the dog, Mr. Pal, with Mr. Pal's sister, along a back road where he lived. A truck passed by them, and then came around again a couple more times. He didn't think much of it, until the truck stopped and two men shot the sister dog, and blood splattered all over Mr. Pal. He then hit Fred over the head with a 2x4, and backed over him with their truck. They threw the sister dog and Fred in a ditch, and then shot Mr. Pal for good measure and drove off. They had only shot Mr. Pal in the leg, so he actually sat on the side of the road, just above the ditch, and someone drove by and saw the blood splattered dog and stopped. If Mr. Pal wouldn't have been there, both Fred and the sister dog would have died, because they couldn't be seen from the road. All three did survive, I believe with surgeries and therapy. However, a couple weeks before Mr. Pal was being boarded, his sister died (I'm not sure how). They always used to share this huge bowl, the sister would eat exactly half, and then leave the rest for Mr. Pal. Mr. Pal would barely eat, even at home, because he's waiting for his sister to come and eat her half first. I do believe he is doing better now, though. Poor thing...he's been through a lot.

I really don't understand people these days.

sasvermont
12-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Your story doesn't surprise me. I just don't think some people should be allowed to roam the streets. I hope they caught the people who did this.

I work for a law firm that does criminal work. We often represent people who have murdered others. When you read the files and see the photos you just cannot imagine what kind of souls they must have....or maybe they don't have any soul. The methods they use and the callus behaviors just make me wonder why they haven't been put away before now. There are lots of damaged people out there. Stay clear of them, if you can.

This story will remain with me forever. Such a shame. Such a shame. I am ashamed of some of the humans we have to share this earth with............

And then they are really nice Pet Talk people - let us not forget!

tz1
12-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Sometimes I am also ashamed to be a member of the human race :(

Vette
12-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Ditto to what Tz1 said. :mad: