PDA

View Full Version : A story of survival and compassion

ramanth
04-04-2002, 09:21 AM
My friend Cheryl shared with me a story she thought you all would appreciate.

Cheryl writes:

Remember when I told you about my supervisor, Betsy, who had found this injured Sharpei puppy?

Buster had been hit by a car, both back legs broken,
and had managed to drag himself into a field. He
was near death from starvation and dehydration
when Betsy found him. It took several surgeries to
fix his injuries.

Here are both before and after pics.

http://www.cibryen.com/images/buster1.jpg

http://www.cibryen.com/images/buster2.jpg

Buster is now living in the lap of pup luxery with Betsy. :)

jennifert
04-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Oh what a nice story! Buster is a beautiful dog! He looks so happy in that second pic. What a great person Betsey is. So nice to hear a success story! Buster looks like a purebred. Was anyone looking for him!?

Thanks for sharing that nice story and pics with us.

Dixieland Dancer
04-04-2002, 09:31 AM
What a Beautiful Boy and a Beautiful story!

Betsy deserves many years of happiness with Buster for her act of compassion which has turned into a Love story for both her and Buster! :D :D

ramanth
04-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by jennifert
Oh what a nice story! Buster is a beautiful dog! He looks so happy in that second pic. What a great person Betsey is. So nice to hear a success story! Buster looks like a purebred. Was anyone looking for him!?

Thanks for sharing that nice story and pics with us.

I'm not sure if anyone was looking for him. I'll ask.

sammi
04-04-2002, 10:08 AM
What a happy ending! He looks so happy in his new home. Your friend is a wonderful person.:p

aly
04-04-2002, 11:55 AM
That is so beautiful and touching. I love before and after rescue pictures. There is nothing better than seeing a happy ending. Betsy deserves a medal :D

LoudLou
04-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
....Buster is now living in the lap of pup luxery with Betsy. :)

I just love happy stories. Glad Buster is with his fur-ever Mommie!:D

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-04-2002, 12:30 PM
What a great story, Kimmy! I love seeing the before and after pictures. They give me hope. It soesn't even look like the same dog! Besty sure took great care of this pup!

anna_66
04-04-2002, 01:28 PM
That was a great story! And the 2nd picture, Buster looks sooo happy:D Your friend is obviously a truly wonderful person!

ramanth
04-04-2002, 03:46 PM
I inquired to Cheryl about some more info on Buster and she replied:

Buster was still a puppy when he was hit..
less than a year. Betsy found him last October.
So I would say he is maybe a little over a year.

No one ever claimed him...there were posters
and ads in the paper. I'm sure Betsy would have
loved to have had help with the surgery costs.
Buster is part of her household and joins two
other dogs and a cat. Betsy said her vet told
her Buster was probably purebred.

Gio
04-05-2002, 02:44 AM
What a story! Poor Buster I don't dare to think what would have become of him if Betsy did not find him :( . Thankfully there was a happy ending this time.

delidog
04-05-2002, 04:47 AM
what wonderful picture...(though i wish that buster idn't have to live through the first one)...i am glad that he has a forever home!!!!! please thank your friend for their big heart...and give Buster lots of {{{{{{{hugs}}}}} from deli and i

mugsy
04-05-2002, 06:45 AM
I love the after picture...it looks like is the king of the household!!! What a cutie and bless your friend Betsy for taking him and saving his life...there will be a special place in heaven for her.

tatsxxx11
04-05-2002, 03:46 PM
What an incredible story of survival! Buster is MAGNIFICENT! His "after" picture brought me to tears! Where else should this beautiful boy be but lying in a field of flowers, sunshine pouring over on his! Bless you Buster and bless you Betsy!!

04-05-2002, 04:02 PM
Thank you for sharing that story with the pictures. It breaks my heart to see a dog with the look that Buster has in that first picture. It really tears me up.... but the best thing is to see that story turn around with the kindness of a stranger. Betsy is a God-send and Buster was meant for her, just like she was meant for Buster. Thank goodness he is happy and healthy now:D!

Logan
04-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Hurray for Betsy and Buster!!! :D :D :D That kind of story is always welcome here. I'm in love, just looking at his picture!! :) Please ask Betsy to give him a big hug and kiss from us.

Logan, Honey and Lilly