PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Sure wish this was in my car!

QueenScoopalot
12-16-2005, 11:05 AM
:eek: http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=117129&format=email :eek: :(
WESTBOROUGH, Mass. (Dec. 15) - An anonymous gift-giver, apparently depressed over a lost love, left a $15,000 diamond engagement ring in somebody's else's unlocked car in a commuter parking lot.

The ring came in a box topped with a white bow and accompanied by a note, which read: "Merry Christmas. Thank you for leaving your car door unlocked. Instead of stealing your car I gave you a present. Hopefully this will land in the hands of someone you love, for my love is gone now. Merry Christmas to you."

A 37-year-old Northborough man found the three-diamond, white gold ring on the seat of his car, which he had parked at the MBTA train station in Westborough on Dec. 7, The MetroWest Daily News of Framingham reported Thursday.

He called police to report the find four days later, after he had the ring appraised.

"This appears to be random, but we don't really know," said police Lt. Paul Donnelly.

Police declined to identify the man. A police report said he had decided to keep the ring.

furrykidsmother
12-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I saw that on the news last night!! Isn't that something!

kuhio98
12-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I saw this on the news. Wonder if the guy is regretting his actions now?
When my sister got divorced, she considered her wedding ring bad karma. Instead of selling it to pay off some debt, she :eek: THREW :eek: it into the ocean (off the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State). I couldn't believe it. But, she really felt that strongly about not passing the ring on to someone else and jinxing their marriage. :rolleyes: (IMO the jinx was her heroin/alcohol addicted husband).

ramanth
12-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Now I'm wondering if I should start leaving my car doors unlocked. :rolleyes: :p What a gift!! :)

JenBKR
12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
WOW :eek: That poor guy must've been pretty distraught...I think I may leave my doors unlocked from now on ;)

poofy
12-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Was it his girlfrend that left it in the car???? :confused:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/Achristmas20diddl202.gif

tz1
12-16-2005, 12:55 PM
of course he kept the ring! I'd sell that and buy a doggie mansion for zero!!! :D

QueenScoopalot
12-16-2005, 01:20 PM
The finder I hear wants to return the ring to the person who left it. THAT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p OK....I lied...but sure hope the person who left it didn't do himself in over his lost love.Presuming it was a man. Sad. :( But what a windfall for the finder...I'm jealous! :o

Vette
12-17-2005, 08:47 PM
:( Poor person.

but great for the findee! LOL

Suki Wingy
12-17-2005, 10:35 PM
I actually would NOT want that to be me, I hate jewlery, it is just a shiny rock that gets in the way and gets lost, but I'd feel HORRIBLE selling it, plus the press, it would just be TOO MUCH for me to handle.

KYS
12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I feel bad for the man with a broken heart.
The man who found the ring is honest by reporting it. :D
I hope he finds a good use for it.