PDA

View Full Version : Murderous Santa Display Draws Stares (YIKES)

QueenScoopalot
12-16-2005, 09:56 AM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=48828
:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Lady's Human
12-16-2005, 10:23 AM
There's something wrong with a tree full of decapitated barbies? Not from this angle.LOL

JenBKR
12-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I agree with what they are trying to say. Christmas is a religious holiday, not secular, and it should not be made secular in any way. It is also way too commercialized. I think we need much more religion in the holiday.

That being said, these people took it wayyyy too far. I don't think that many people will understand what they are trying to say, and that would be very upsetting for children. They could have done it a different way, IMO.

areias
12-16-2005, 05:03 PM
I understand what they are doing. As long as they want it in their yard, they are allowed to have it there. We had something similar down here-a little bit of arguement over a Santa that was hung from a tree-by his neck (fake, of course). I don't think it's that horrible though..

RICHARD
12-16-2005, 06:02 PM
And us cahleefuhneeahns get grief for our christmas decorations.

lady_zana
12-18-2005, 03:15 AM
I wouldn't hang something like that up in my yard but I understand what he's trying to say. I'm not religious; I'm more spiritual but I am so tired of Christmas being forced on us as more and more buying and spending - not a time to spend with the people you love....I was telling my husband that Christmas simply isn't fun anymore because the stores make it so commerical. Halloween was over; Christmas decorations went up - what happened to Thanksgiving?

Stores and marketing make Christmas a hassle, not a holiday and that saddens me.

Miss Z
12-18-2005, 03:26 AM
That is going WAY to far. People can choose how they wish to celebrate Christmas, some like to recognise the religion involved, others just like to see children happy when they receive presents. What would children think if they saw that? I suppose that it's their house and they can do what they like, but it's pointless, it's not going to change anything.

QueenScoopalot
12-18-2005, 09:12 AM
I also think Christmas has lost it's true meaning and become over commercialized, but on the flip side, it is one holiday that thrills kids with the Santa image. I'm sure many of us remember the thrill of Christmas mornings. ;) I'm sick of it being shoved down our throats right around Halloween time...as lady_zana said, and am tired of hearing about the fights that break out over material things people have to have! :rolleyes: Grown adults brawling over stuff when it goes on sale...absurd! The only real extreme part of their display is it likely scares kids half to death. Most adults can at least understand what message is being said with that display, but most young kids probably don't. ;) But that may be a good thing if they're really being bad! :o

CathyBogart
12-18-2005, 12:15 PM
People like that need to be reminded that Yule was a pagan celebration to begin with.

JenBKR
12-19-2005, 08:10 AM
People like that need to be reminded that Yule was a pagan celebration to begin with.

Christmas is actually celebrated at this time of year to overshadow the pagan holiday. No one is entirely sure what time of year Christ was actually born.