PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck home :(

moosmom
12-16-2005, 07:21 AM
I stopped at the store on my way home from work yesterday. After I got my groceries and was on my way again, my car's engine light went on! :eek: The car sputtered all the way home, and I could smell something nasty like the catalytic converter. I can't miss another day of work!!! I called the temp agency and told them to please call my supervisor and explain that I really like the job but this is out of my control. I called Kia Roadside Assistance and they're going to tow the car (and me) to the Kia dealer.

I need PT prayers for my car now!!! I know it's got a great warranty, but I cannot afford a huge car repair bill right now!!!

*sigh* I'll keep you posted.

joycenalex
12-16-2005, 07:33 AM
prayers for a small, quick, and very low cost reapir going up from here. ((hugs))

Daisy and Delilah
12-16-2005, 07:34 AM
Donna, I'm sending some strong PT prayers your way. Hopefully, everything will be okay and you'll be back on the road soon. I am such a wimp when it comes to car trouble. I feel for you :)

anna_66
12-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Gosh what a stinky time to have such troubles Donna. I hope that your car gets fixed quick and doesn't cost you a fortune!

kimlovescats
12-16-2005, 08:21 AM
I pray that your car is fixed quickly and you are able to get back to work!

(((hugs)))
Kim

ramanth
12-16-2005, 08:29 AM
EEKKS!! Prayers that it's something minor! I know how you feel. Living out in the middle of nowhere, my car is my only connection to the outside world.

*HUGS*

Queen of Poop
12-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Prayers that it is all covered under the warranty.

Edwina's Secretary
12-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Donna...is there any other way you can get into work? Bus or cab or friend?

davidpizzica
12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Sweetheart, having just gone through car problems myself, I hope the Kia gods smile down on you and that the problem is minor and is covered under warranty. Big {{{{HUGS}}}}!

Anita Cholaine
12-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Hope everything is fixed as soon as possible, and doesn't cost a fortune... Hope everything goes well with your job... ((( HUGS )))

poofy
12-16-2005, 12:31 PM
OH i hope n Pray it will not be a major thing..good luck :(

moosmom
12-16-2005, 12:40 PM
3 hours and $316.62 later, my car is fixed. It wasn't covered under the warranty because it was basically routine maintenance. The service manager said it was sputtering because it was running on 2 cylinders. They replaced the spark plugs, wires, pcv valve and gas filter. Labor was what cost the most.

The BAD news is my temp job was terminated because of my attendance (I lost 2 days cuz of my car, what the heck!!). I tried to tell the temp agency that I'd go in the minute my car was done and they said no. They did say that this time of year is very slow, being the end of the year. But they were confident that something would happen soon because of my skills and they have alot of clients in the area where I'm living so I won't have to make the 40 minute ride one way.

This sucks!! :(:( But it's not the end of the world.

caseysmom
12-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Well 300 isn't too bad....sorry to hear about your job though but you couldn't help it.

moosmom
12-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I got a temp job at Yale University Admissions Office. It's through February. It's not far from where I live. Only problem is the parking. But I'm on a busline so that takes care of that!!! :D:D

Logan
12-19-2005, 11:46 AM
What happened to the great opportunity that you mentioned earlier? Is it gone now? :confused:

I hope this next position will lead to something permanent for you, Donna.

Sorry about the car. :( Darn those cars!

Logan

davidpizzica
12-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Alright Donna! You're going to Yale! I'm glad you can take a bus and not totally rely on your car.Donna, I wish you the best of luck. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you, sweetheart!