PDA

View Full Version : Cats are Being Trapped

purrley
04-04-2002, 06:56 AM
Got another letter from the Homeowner Association saying they're planning to trap all roaming cats where I live. The letter states cats are everywhere!!!! These people have made such a huge mountain out of a mole hill. I'm not so worried since all my cats are kept secure in my house except for Panda Bear. She will bolt to get outside and sometimes makes it. She's my only worry, so looks like I'm going to have to be even more careful to not let her get out. My Condo is up for sale and I'm looking for another place to live. I'm just sick to death of all the cat and pet bashing that goes on where I live:( :( :(

jennifert
04-04-2002, 07:22 AM
Geez Purrley, it's like Nazi Germany there! What are they doing with the cats they trap? Taking them to shelters? I don't like those people! I'm glad you are looking for a new place and selling your current condo! I hope you find something wonderful and affordable soon. That place just bought themselves A LOT of bad advertising if you ask me! After you move out of course! Until then it's a wonderful place to live (just so you can sell your place quicker!) ;)

purrley
04-04-2002, 07:32 AM
Chuck - exactly and believe it or not that very thing has been addressed. Speed limit in the Park is 10-1/2 mph and some people think it's a freeway, rap music blaring, mufflers blaring, etc. Skateboarding is also not allowed. Basketball hoops need to be brought in at night. And yes Jennifert, I could swear I'm not living in America. As far as what they do with the trapped cats, they said they will be delivered to the Animal Shelter and they did stress "they will be delivered alive".

Pam
04-04-2002, 07:52 AM
Oh Purrley I hope you can get out of there soon and into a cat friendly, and pet friendly, environment. I am wishing the same too for Leslie after all of the problems she has where she lives, with Graham's accident. :(

PostGhosty
04-04-2002, 07:52 AM
I have heard of homeowners associations that are even more strict. That, you can't have your garage door open except however long it takes you to get what your getting out and it has to be closed right away. Some associations don't allow pets at all. Really odd.

Good luck keeping your kitty in....

Lachesis
04-04-2002, 10:29 AM
Geeeez I hope you get out of there soon!!! :( that royally sucks!!!

toughCookie
04-22-2002, 05:16 PM
ONE MORE THING---IF THE CATS HAVE COLLARS WITH THE OWNERS NAME ---IS IT LEGAL FOR THEM TO TAKE THEM? I WOULD THINK IT WOULD BE UP TO THE ANIMAL CONTROL, WOULDN'T THEY HAVE TO CONTACT THE OWNERS BEFORE TAKING THEM??

luvdemabys
04-22-2002, 10:24 PM
I probably don't want to know the answer, but after the b*******s trap them, what happens to them. Do you have a municipal shelter, will folkx whose pets are swept up by the Gestapo have a chance to find them and rescue them?

lynnestankard
04-23-2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by toughCookie
ONE MORE THING---IF THE CATS HAVE COLLARS WITH THE OWNERS NAME ---IS IT LEGAL FOR THEM TO TAKE THEM?

My thoughts exactly TC - the leagalities of that could be very interesting - maybe not kidnapping - but it sure is catnapping (oh sorry!).

But the best of luck on getting a new place Purrley - this place sounds horrendous.

Lynne

purrley
04-23-2002, 06:31 AM
I'm still working on moving out of there. Got people coming this evening to look at the place. So far quite a few people have looked at it and who knows, maybe someone will buy it soon. As far as the cat traps go, we've been informed that even if a cat has an ID tag it will go to the shelter, that way the owner will have to post bail to get it out:( :( . I've been real diligent on keeping my Panda Bear in. So far she hasn't been able to sneak by me for quite a few days. Wish me luck guys - I'm really trying to move out of there. You know, not one of my neighbors that I've lived by for the past several years has even asked me why I'm selling. I guess they all know.

yumyum6970
04-23-2002, 06:36 AM
aww how sad purrley :(

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Randi
04-23-2002, 08:28 AM
purrley! It really must be awfull living in those surroundings. I wish you all the luck in the world finding a new place and selling this!! Before someone come to look at the place, bake a bread, it gives such a nice smell - not that I think it's stinking in your house! :D Hope you'll find petloving surroundings soon! ;)

Gio
04-23-2002, 11:00 AM
As far as the cat traps go, we've been informed that even if a cat has an ID tag it will go to the shelter, that way the owner will have to post bail to get it out

I can't believe I'm reading this! How stupid can people be? I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to get out of there... FAST

Logan
04-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Purrley, I am blessed in my neighborhood. Hardly any of my neighbors have pets anymore, but they understand our need for them. They've all "been there and done that", and have told Helen and me wonderful stories of their previous pets. Most of my neighbors are retired, and travel too much to have them, but they do enjoy ours, even the BAD Butter cat.

I keep on saying a prayer that you will find a buyer soon and be able to go to more peaceful surroundings very soon. :)

QueenScoopalot
04-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Not sure if all the cats are altered or not, but if any have litters of kittens out there not old enough to leave the nest...they're goners! Starvation is the worst way a cat can die! So glad I own a home, and not condo. I couldn't live by the rules.

lat192004
04-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by jennifert
Geez Purrley, it's like Nazi Germany there! What are they doing with the cats they trap? Taking them to shelters? I don't like those people! I'm glad you are looking for a new place and selling your current condo! I hope you find something wonderful and affordable soon. That place just bought themselves A LOT of bad advertising if you ask me! After you move out of course! Until then it's a wonderful place to live (just so you can sell your place quicker!) ;)

Gad, It's not Nazi Germany, Just Salt Lake City.(LOL) Nothing in America would be like Nazi Germany.:) Better keep your cat indoors or you will lose her.There was a hotel here in hawaii a few years back that was being refurbished. They laid off the workers for a year, but were left with a huge feral cat colony the hotel workers fed. The new meanie owners brought in Exterminators and traps........one night a sweet little calico ventured into a trap, and wailed all night. Since I was working at this site off and on during the night, she got my attention. And what would any cat lover do in this situation?Well, let her out! That morning the new owners practically made a federal case out of letting the cat go, so that evening I made my plan to help the calico escape. Morning came,and as I was driving out the entrance, I scooped up the calico, put her in the car, and adopted her into my life. This is her picture in the attachment. She is 22 pounds of the sweetest cat I have even known. I hope your situation in SLC works out. :) :) :cool:

kuhio98
04-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Please consider having your kitties microchipped. That way if they accidently get loose during the "round up" or get out during the move, you will have a better chance of being reunited with them. It will relieve your mind so much.

Lixx
04-24-2004, 03:58 PM
That's so awful! What a horrible place to live. I would not want to know the people that can even live by the rules that some of these places have. I hope you find a wonderful place soon!

slick
04-24-2004, 04:07 PM
So sorry to hear the news.

I live in a condo myself but it's a really great pet-friendly building. Almost everyone owns a pet of some kind. Sure there are rules but I don't mind. The only one that irks me the "no visiting dogs allowed" rule. Years ago someone got bit but a visiting dog so they changed the bylaw right away. Stinks!!

Good luck finding a place. I hope you get a "smooth move" out of it.

ChrisH
04-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Thought I'd mention - the thread was begun in 2002 ...... :)

Cataholic
04-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH

OMG, Chris, of course you are so right! I was like, how did I miss all this hoopla? HE HE HE...wonder where she lives now?

lat192004
04-24-2004, 09:30 PM

2002,2004......Same story, SOS. Things never change, except maybe a different part of the world.

catmandu
04-25-2004, 01:21 PM
I would be nervous too as there are now six Cats coming foe meals , at The Found Cat Hotel! We hope that the AWA will be able to take in , the two neediest soon!

slick
04-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Shows you how observant I am :eek: :rolleyes: