PDA

View Full Version : Just letting you know...........

Flatcoatluver
12-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Ok here is the deal... I got a couple complaints about the christmas/winter contest. First of all the dew date to get all the entrees in was today. I have been really sick this week, so wedsday I decided to do most of the rounds and was trying fit the entrees so I did have 6 photo's for each round.

I was going to get enough entrees for round 5 to get six, but the people that said they would never turned them in so I ended up only having three! I am so sorry people are mad about it and can understand how difficult it was.

So here is the deal on the 20th there will be a final voting for the top two in the rounds 1-4 and the top 1 in round 5. The winner will be anouced on christmas or the day after christmas! I am so sorry people are mad and next time we can have a differnt person to a contest. This was supposed to be fun and fair. :( also I am sorry about the spelling problems. ;) :)

*sled_dog*
12-15-2005, 07:36 PM
I think it is just fine! :p As long as we all had a good enough chance to enter right! :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
12-15-2005, 07:37 PM
I think it is just fine! :p As long as we all had a good enough chance to enter right! :rolleyes:
of corse everybody had over a month to enter

Pembroke_Corgi
12-15-2005, 07:40 PM
I think you're doing a good job- it's hard coordinating things like this. It's hard deciding who to vote for though because they are all so cute.

anna_66
12-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Well I think you've done a fine job (sorry I didn't get the chance to enter:o).

poofy
12-15-2005, 10:14 PM
your doing a great job..Keep up the good work..dont let it get u down... :)

.sarah
12-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I personally thought it was rude what some people were saying when this is just for fun. I think you're doing a fine job :)

bestinshow
12-16-2005, 01:43 AM
We have been looking at your contest and have to say that you are doing a great job and that sometimes it's very difficult to make everyone happy at the same time. We go through it at the time when you try to make something fun and fair for everyone, but there are always a few people that don't like the way it's ran. We actually had people write us and tell us that they were going to call the Better Business Bureau because they felt we hosted a fraudulent contest. We don't charge anything, it was all in fun.

We know you will have to adjust some things, but don't get crazy. We hate to say this but... If they don't like your contest, then maybe they shouldn't enter or maybe they should make one themselves.

Keep going, as you can see, you have a lot of support. ;)

finn's mom
12-16-2005, 02:18 AM
I think you did a fine job. I can see how it would raise some questions, as far as the number of entries, but, I think the way you're talking about doing the final round will clear that up. Don't take it personally, whatever was said. That's the only advice I can give. ;) I'm sorry I didn't enter, I really wanted to, but, I'm not having much luck with really liking any of the pictures I have been taking, and, it really just snuck up on me. I've enjoyed the contest so far! :)

luvofallhorses
12-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself, you did a great job. :)

JenBKR
12-16-2005, 08:36 AM
I missed the thread where people were mad, but it sounds like you are doing everything right. I can't imagine why anyone would be angry, it's just for fun! Don't worry about them and have fun with it :)

vinjashira
12-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi Brianne

I think you might be refering to me about people getting mad because I don't see other people making comments about the number of entries.

I sincerely apologise if I sounded rude with my previous comment. Believe me - I wasn't trying to be. Perhaps it's how I worded the comment. I am really sorry if it has offended you.

Like I said on my reply it was merely a sugestion. I think you are doing a very good job hosting this contest and we are greatfull to you.

I do appreciate this is a fun contest and there's nothing wrong with being fun and fair at the same time, right? I know that's how you intended it to be anyway and your decision about how the final round will be conducted certainly shows that. So once again, well done to you and thank you!

William

pnance
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I think your doing a fine job with the contest. It's really hard to coordinate something like this and to even get it going is an accomplishment!!

lv4dogs
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I think you're doing a fine job. I'm sorry some people are having problems with it, hopefully the way you are dong things now will clear that all up. It's hard organizing events like these.

Flatcoatluver
12-16-2005, 09:50 AM
ok thanks everybody!!! :) I made this thread just to let people know why its all weird!! i got a couple rude comments about it on pm, which am glad I did instead of having them posted!!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I tried to make it as fair as possible!

Anita Cholaine
12-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I think you're doing a great job...:) It must be hard to organize all this...

crazy_caique
12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Your doing a great job. :) I thought you were going it fair and people shouldn't say that you aren't have any of those people tried to have a contest like this It looks really hard and stressful I would have loved to see them try. :mad: Plus you also have other things to do then set for 8 hours a day doing this contest that you didn't even have to do but did it because you wanted too

cyber-sibes
12-16-2005, 02:49 PM
I think the photo contest has been fun, love to see all the photos. If you had put them all in one, post, it would be toooooooo much -- it's hard enough as it is to decide on only one each time! GOOD JOB.

Toby's my baby
12-16-2005, 07:36 PM
I think you have done/ are doing a great job! I am so sorry that I didnt get my pictures sent, but next time, I hopefully wont be so busy. I meant to send them last weekend, but I wasnt home, then I have had a busy week with basketball and school and stuff. . sorry about that!! Thanks for the many reminders you sent me though! :)

Vette
12-17-2005, 05:46 AM
I danno how you do it. :eek:
id lose trak of whos who! LOL

so keep up great work. :D