PDA

View Full Version : So there I was, trying to drive out of the Stop & Shop parking lot...

moosmom
12-15-2005, 05:57 PM
when my car starts sputtering. The engine light goes on. I'm only about 3 miles from home so I just ignore it and drive like hell to make it home. The rush hour traffic was awful!!

My friend asked me if I had oil in the car. I assumed I did. I go out to check the oil.

Bottom line is, when you look at the stick and can't figure out if there's oil on it, chances are

YOU NEED OIL!!!

I hope I can just put a couple of cans of oil on it and drive off. Let's pray I didn't do any damage to the car.

If it's not the oil, then my fuel pump is going. If THAT'S not it, I got a batch of bad fuel and have water in the fuel line.

*sigh* :rolleyes:

caseysmom
12-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Donna, Was it the check engine light in yellow or was it a red light?

poofy
12-15-2005, 06:26 PM
OH dear I hope n pray it will be ok..http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/crossfingers.gif

Husky_mom
12-15-2005, 07:27 PM
if the car had been running and you checked the oil and didnt see a thing itīs because the oil is "moving" so itīs not standing still at the bottom of teh oil compartment, maybe the sputtering maybe have been caused by lack of gas, or maybe your car needs new sparks and filters.

what was it like?? the sputtering?? have it happened before??

QueenScoopalot
12-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Make sure to add some dry gas to the tank in case there's water in the gas tank. Sure hope it's not the alternator Donna...or the head gasket! :eek:

shais_mom
12-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Make sure to add some dry gas to the tank in case there's water in the gas tank. :eek:

Good Idea! My dad thinks dry gas is the problem solver of the ages!
Any time there is car trouble he adds that first to see if that solves the problem.

Good Luck!