PDA

View Full Version : This Carelessness Is Criminal

lizbud
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Yet again another story of stupid people & carelessness that leads to death for the child and the dogs.I hope they make the charges stick to
wake some people up. :mad: So senseless. :( :(

Dogs Maul Toddler; Parents Charged With Murder

POSTED: 5:25 pm EST December 15, 2005
UPDATED: 5:57 pm EST December 15, 2005

SUFFOLK, Va. -- The parents of a 2-year-old boy have been charged with murder, after their two dogs fatally mauled their son.

Police in Virginia said the boy was attacked in October after being left alone downstairs in the home with a male pit bull mix and a female mix with puppies. Police said the parents were upstairs.

James Jonathan Martin, 29, and Heather Frango, 25, have been indicted on charges of second-degree murder, involuntary manslaughter and neglect.

They're being held without bond, and an arraignment is set for next month.

Police said the dogs will be euthanized after the criminal case ends.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Lady's Human
12-15-2005, 05:41 PM
At least they are charging the parents properly for a change.

moosmom
12-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Police in Virginia said the boy was attacked in October after being left alone downstairs in the home with a male pit bull mix and a female mix with puppies. Police said the parents were upstairs.

There's your answer. The male was protecting his mate and her puppies! I'm glad the parents are being charged for a change. I'm sorry the kid died, but the parents should've known better.

RIP poor pooches. :(

Allecto
12-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Second-degree murder? Huh... I wonder what details the article omits that made them go for that instead of just the manslaughter and criminal negligence. Be interested in hearing more.

And keeping the dogs alive during the criminal case? Interesting, but I guess I can see why...