PDA

View Full Version : Calling Southern Californian's!!

Cincy'sMom
12-15-2005, 10:37 AM
The rumor here at work is that I am coming your way the last week of February!! Details are sketchy at this point, but it looks like I will be in San Diego from around Feb. 27-March 3, with a possible side trip to Irvine.

If I know ahead of time, it is possible that I may be able to add some extra time over one of the weekends to meet up with some PTers. Or I may have some evenings free as well. Any interest?

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Coming out to the Land of the Easily Amused?

I have a roof to put on my house and I was planning to do that around the last two weeks of Feb..... :eek:

Barbara
12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Richard do I get you right- you want some help with your roof?

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Richard do I get you right- you want some help with your roof?

Barbara,

LOLOL,

I'll do the work my self.... ;)

But, If someone offered... :cool:

just kidding!!!

Edwina's Secretary
12-15-2005, 10:12 PM
I am located between San Diego and Irvine....Irvine is about a 20 minute drive away....so let me know dates....

Uabassoon
12-15-2005, 10:24 PM
Hmm a ticket from Tucson to San Diego is only $123 round trip :)

pnance
12-16-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm in San Diego....if you have some free time just let me know the dates, I'd love to meet. :)

Cincy'sMom
12-16-2005, 05:39 PM
I am hoping after the first of the year, they start to reveal a few more details. I'll pass the info on as I get it!!

pnance
12-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Sounds good...

Kona & Oreo's mom
12-17-2005, 06:07 PM
I am also in San Diego and would be happy to meet you. I could bring Oreo, in case you were missing your pups and needed to pet a happy, Labby girl. :)

Cincy'sMom
12-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I would love to meet you and Oreo!! Better not be too early in the week though, or I may try to rent her for the week!!! ;) :D

gini
01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
How did I miss this??

Richard and I probably live the greatest distance from San Diego - but it is
usually only a 2 - 2 1/2 hour drive.....................

Let us know when you have more details.

NoahsMommy
01-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I live about an hour north of Gini/Richard. So it'd be about 3 hours for me. But...if Gini/Richard plan on driving down, can I hitch a ride???

It'd be so fun to meet you! :)

Cincy'sMom
01-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what I can work out. I found out the California NASCAR race is the 26th, so I may have talked my former boss, who is also going to the meeting, into going to the race. That would make Saturday, March 4th, the better day. But, if the race doesn't work out, Sunday, the 26th may work better. I hate it when you can't just plan things for yourself, but have to go through work!!!!

pnance
01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
I hate it when you can't just plan things for yourself, but have to go through work!!!!

I've been there!!!

Just let me know when you find out which day work!! Hopefully we can get a few of us together. :)

Cincy'sMom
01-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Latest information is that we will receive "official" invitations to the meeting next week. I have heard the meeting may only run Monday-Wenesday, with "travel day" being Thursday. If that is the case, I may try to use a vacation day and still stay through the first weekend of March.

Hopefully I'll know more soon!

Cincy'sMom
01-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Finally, at 5:00 tonight I got inforamtion...and we are supposed to have flight arrangements by Monday! Nothing like advanced notice for planning! The company will fly us into to Orance County Airport Sunday evening, February 26. My idea right now, is fly in To Orange County Saturday morning or mid-afternoon. Is anyone up for a gathering Saturday night or Sunday?

We are heading back Wednesday, right after the meeting ends...taking the red eye. Fun. Gets us back in to Detroit at 6am...and I bet they want us at work on Thursday too. ...

anyway, if anyone has any thoughts about the weekend, February 25 and 26, please let me know so that I can make arrangements Monday!

Edwina's Secretary
01-27-2006, 10:24 PM
My offer still stands. I am half way between LA and San Diego.....picnic for Cincy's Mom at my place afternoon of the 26th?

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Thanks so much for the offer Sara! I'll make my flight in on Saturday. Any recomendations on hotels near you?

gini
01-28-2006, 12:12 AM
I just got home and I have a message from Sara about getting together with you that weekend.

How much fun......a mini-east/west coast Pet Talk meeting!

It will be great to meet you.........could you bring some pictures?

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Pictures are definately something I have plenty of!! I'm excited about coming out! ...Not so thrilled about the meeting...but meeting you guys before hand will be great!!!

pnance
01-28-2006, 12:34 AM
My offer still stands. I am half way between LA and San Diego.....picnic for Cincy's Mom at my place afternoon of the 26th?

I'd love to join in and meet everyone if you have the room. I'm in San Diego, but don't have problems heading North for the day.

gini
01-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Wonderful! I will call Sara over the weekend (too late tonight) and will
get back to you after I see what she has planned.

I think there are a few others who wanted to join in - but since Sara is the hostess - thought I would check with her first.

The Pet Talk family - it just keeps on growing and growing!

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2006, 09:06 AM
You guys are going to regret offering have this get together, as I begin to drill with questions!!! I admit, I'm not well travelled, espically alone!

So I am plnning on coming in before the rest of the group on Saturday (they are coming Sunday). I just have to make it to their hotel (not sure which one that is yet), sometime Sunday night/Monday morning before they leave to go to our California plant.

I also admit, I know very little of S CA geogrpahy and transportation. If I fly into John Wayne Airport, how easy will it be for me to get a cab or a shuttle, from there, to a hotel near Sara's, to Sara's on Sunday, and to whatever hotel the company picks for Sunday night? I'm guess Joh Wayne is better then flying into LAX? (although it looks like right now, LAX is cheaper!)

Sorry to ask so many questions!!

slick
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
You know, I've been secretly keeping my eye on this thread. I've got some holiday money coming to me from work so I did entertain the thought of flying down there for this. However I have to catsit starting the morning of the 28th so that means I would have to fly back on Mon. the 27th. Hmmmm, Thursday to Monday possibly??? Oh well, I tried. Have fun you guys.

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2006, 10:42 AM
You know, I've been secretly keeping my eye on this thread. I've got some holiday money coming to me from work so I did entertain the thought of flying down there for this. However I have to catsit starting the morning of the 28th so that means I would have to fly back on the 27th. Oh well, I tried. Have fun you guys.

Sounds like the gatheringis on the 26th....It could work!!!

slick
01-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Sounds like the gatherings on the 26th....It could work!!!OK, now you've got me drooling and searching for flights. :D CM, I really don't know if it will work for me but I'll keep my options open. I really want to meet you. :) Please PM me when you know the name of the hotel you are staying at so I can check out the room costs. Thanks.

Edwina's Secretary
01-28-2006, 01:08 PM
I meant the 25th but either day is fine. Actually the 25th is better as I may have to go to Phoenix on the evening of the 26th. Is Saturday okay?

John Wayne is very close to me. About a 20 - 25 minute drive. LAX is a bit further.

I am located right where Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano and Dana Point come together....if you are looking at a map.

And of course pnance....you are welcome. A PTer is always welcome!

And Slick....a weekday in the winter is the best time to go to the SD zoo!

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Actually, the 25th may work better for me too. In fact, if we do it that way, maybe I'll get a rental car and plan on returning it to the airport the same time as the others are getting in, then I can just catch the shuttle or whatever with them to the hotel. I had found a reasonable flight to John Wayne, that gets in at like 11 am, or one that arrives around 2 or 3. I'll try to have one of those booked for me.

Edwina's Secretary
01-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Try for the 11!

Cincy'sMom
01-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Somehow we went from "having to have plans made by the 27th" to hearing nothing for 2 days fromthe marketing person responsible for booking this trip. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow!!!

gini
01-30-2006, 10:35 PM
We all sure hope so - Sara and I were already making plans..........and having fun while we were doing it.

Just let us know - it is a month away - so we can be flexible.

pnance
01-31-2006, 01:20 AM
And of course pnance....you are welcome. A PTer is always welcome!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to finally meeting everyone, let me know what I can do to help!

Cincy'sMom
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Still Nothing...we at least got a reply from the person today. She is still working on it, and hopes to have things booked by the end of the week :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
02-01-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm working with superior intelligence here!!! The marketing person finally called this afternoon, and wants me to fly in to LAX for cost purposes. Okay, not problem. They are going to get me the rental so I can pick everyone else up at the airport Sunday. Fine, no problem.

Flight gets in on Saturday at 9:40pm. PM you said? Did you not get the email that I want to be there by noon on Saturday?!? Oh, Missed that. I'll keep looking!!

UGH!!! Hopefully more info soon!!!!

Cincy'sMom
02-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Next attempt, Leave Toledo 6am Saturday, return Detroit, 9 am Thursday....

Not bad, but how am I getting back to Toledo, from Detorit, if my car is at the Toledo airport?!?

Oh, I missed that!!!

Can I say it again....UGH!!!!!

ramanth
02-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Yikes Amy! I hope you can get everything nailed down and will be able to meet up with the PT'ers in CA. :)

I know when I had to go to San Fran for a work trip, I had a blast with the local PT'ers. :D

Cincy'sMom
02-02-2006, 10:13 PM
We may have had a break through today. After I explained for the millionth time, that I have found the flight I want, and that I would pay the extra for it ( I think it comes out to $20!), the girl finally calls me back and says she has found a flight (which by the way is the one I have been telling her about for over a week!). Of course, when I called her back 5 minutes after she left the voice mail, to say go for it, she had left for the day :eek: :rolleyes: I think she is going to book it tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Cincy'sMom
02-03-2006, 09:19 AM
The flight is booked!!! I arrive in California, 11:18am Saturday February 25!!!

Now, to find a hotel.....

slick
02-06-2006, 08:21 PM
**frantically searching for cheap flights** ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Good luck!!

gini
02-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I am glad that this is falling into place so nicely.