PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist makes me mad

Uabassoon
12-14-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't know why but I always check though the pet section of craigslist even though it always makes me angry. However this is by far the dumbest post I've ever read.

"looking for a mate for a mutt

I have a lab, st bernard, ridgeback mix who is about a year, wonderfully sweet and loyal, and huge. I'm going to fix him soon, but he is such a good dog I think there should be more of him. If you have a female who has a good personality, and you want puppies, please contact me."

If anyone would like to write them a serious email educating them about why they shouldn't breed their dog send me a PM and I'll give you their email. If you want to send a bashing email then please don't PM me as being mean and rude won't teach them anything. This person really just needs to be educated and understand why this is wrong.

caseysmom
12-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Gosh I would end up getting mad, but there are a lot of folks on here that could probably help.

Karen
12-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Dear Craigslister,

While I know you love your dog and mean the best for him, please reconsider breeding him. Yes, I am sure he is a great dog, and that you love him. But so many dogs get put to sleep at shelters every day that bringing more pups into the world isn't a wise thing to do. And the temperament of a dog is not necessarily passed on to the pups - the most neurotic dog I ever knew (love you anyway, RB Katie, biscuit?) was the puppy of a marvelous, wonderful sweet, kind and stable dog.

Give some of the dogs currently languishing in shelters a chance to find a good home, where they, too, can be loved and treasured as you treasure your wonderful dog. Everyone is won over by a puppy, but too many people don't realize the responsibility of a growing dog, and so they end up dumped and often euthanized.

Please go forward with your plan to get him "fixed," even though he doesn't know he's broken! (Family joke) A good way to pass on his temperament is to consider becoming a foster home for shelter pups - they can learn from his good, kind, sweet example! Or become a puppy-raiser for guide-dogs, or even adopting a needy friend from the shelter for him, to whom he can pass along his knowledge.

Please think ong and hard about the tragedy of too many unwanted dogs and not enough homes for them, and reconsider your choice to breed him.

Most sincerely,
[email protected]

lizbud
12-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Excellent letter. :) I hope the owner has a change of heart about
breeding.

wolfie
12-15-2005, 12:01 PM
That's a great letter Karen. I do hope the owner changes his/her mind.

Ree'sKujo
12-15-2005, 04:59 PM
great letter Karen.It gets the point across while still being very nice.Good job.

kimboe
12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Wow
Karen, your really good at putting words together. I wish i were that good!
I do hope this person reconsiders his/her decision. :)

Uabassoon
12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Karen I sent your message, we'll see if they respond.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
What a great letter! Hopefully they reconsider!

buttercup132
12-15-2005, 07:15 PM
u also might want to add to that letter that also just because her dog has good personality dosent mean that pups will it also depends on the female and how the puppies are raised
also you should show her this
http://www.eburg.com/~dalmatia/max.html
woops sorry i didnt see that part that said that in ur letter karen but still the site is very good

*LabLoverKEB*
12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Let me explain....
If your dog is a wonderful doggy, (which I'm sure that he/she is)... just by breeding him/her doens't me that all of the puppies will be exactly like the father/mother. Plus, breeding is actually somewhat unhealthy for you dog/cat. It increases the risk of baldder cancer (I think that's what the cancer is)... and puts a lot of stress on your dog/cat.

So... please don't bred, people.

Dumb lady, though. :mad: :(