PDA

View Full Version : My new Camera! Help please!

petslover
12-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Okay I got my new camera. It is a FE-110 5.0 Olympus.

The only thing I don't like. Is everytime I take a picture of the dogs their eyes turn all blue and greenish and its very bright. In my old camera, I could take pictures and most would turn out okay with the eyes. Maybe I have to change the setting, I'm not really sure.

I know I could do the remove eye thing on editor, but I don't really like that. I like the more natural look.

Any ideas on what I could do? or is it just my camera? If it is my camera I am going to take it back, i don't like this at all.

I pushed the Red Eye Reduction on the camera, but it don't help the blue/green eyes..

See pictures as to what I am talking about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/smiley_lulu205/bf3c03e0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/smiley_lulu205/3f56dcff.jpg

As you can tell it just ruins the picture. I hope I can get this fixed.

Any suggestions or advice would be very helpful.

Vette
12-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Try taking some outside pictuers of them and see if you have the same problem.
as i can take really good outside pictures,, but inside... i have the same problem as you... my dogs eyes go a red/pinkish color a lot of the time with indoor shots.

petslover
12-14-2005, 09:27 PM
That may work, but my old camera I could take pictures inside with no problem. If there is no way to stop that I think I am going to get my money back on it. The majority of my pictures are taken inside so I hope there is something I can do to fix it.

What kind of camera do you have?

sammy101
12-14-2005, 09:34 PM
i have an Olympus and i still cant figure out how to take good inside pictures with it :o Thats why almost all of my pictures are outside,lol. Have you tried a different flash?On mine,there is one specifically for eyes.

petslover
12-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Yes I did try that. I have talked to quite a few people with Olympus and everyone has problems taking inside pictures. I am going to get up early tomorrow and take it back. For that kind of money, I want to get the best camera I can get ya know.

BC_MoM
12-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Red-eye has no effect whatsoever. It's either use no flash and result with blurry pictures, unless you're using a tripod or you have to manually fix it on the computer.

Yes I did try that. I have talked to quite a few people with Olympus and everyone has problems taking inside pictures. I am going to get up early tomorrow and take it back. For that kind of money, I want to get the best camera I can get ya know.

Don't take it back! I have a friend who is a photographer and NO camera can do a flash and not have discoloured eyes.

petslover
12-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I am going to take it back. I don't think it should have problems with every picture. I know there is going to be a little glow to their eyes, but with this camera they look like demons lol. Even the human pictures look bad.

I am not satisfied with the product that I paid alot of money for. I am going to pick out a different brand. Maybe a Canon, Kodak, or another Minolta. I'm not really sure yet.

BC_MoM
12-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Hm, that's weird. My Grandma has the same Olympus and it works great. :confused:

Oh well, good luck finding a new camera. :)

slleipnir
12-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Use a lamp or something for light...it's the flash that does that. If you do end up with another camera, I'd suggest a canon personally. I have 2 canon camera's and I'm pleased with both.

slleipnir
12-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Don't take it back! I have a friend who is a photographer and NO camera can do a flash and not have discoloured eyes.

Naw, some external flashes work. They are mounted higher therefore don't shine in their eyes directly...however, I doubt this camera has that option lol!

.sarah
12-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Use a lamp or something for light...it's the flash that does that. If you do end up with another camera, I'd suggest a canon personally. I have 2 canon camera's and I'm pleased with both.
Canon is the best brand! :)

wolfsoul
12-15-2005, 12:16 AM
My Canon does the same thing.

Glacier
12-15-2005, 12:47 AM
i have an Olympus and i still cant figure out how to take good inside pictures with it

I shoot with two Olympus cameras and have no problems with inside shots, even with my blue eyed dogs. Only Preacher's eyes are consistently weird in pictures and that's because he's blind so any flash reflects badly. If I don't use the flash, his eyes are fine too.

sammy101
12-15-2005, 09:25 AM
I shoot with two Olympus cameras and have no problems with inside shots, even with my blue eyed dogs. Only Preacher's eyes are consistently weird in pictures and that's because he's blind so any flash reflects badly. If I don't use the flash, his eyes are fine too.

thanks.I try without the flash but they turn out blurry alot. I guess i'll have to practice more.Its a good camera besides that.