PDA

View Full Version : where can I find cat shows info?

Efrat
04-04-2002, 12:51 AM
We are planning a vacation in about 2 months. If everything goes as planned we will be in Chicago for abot 2-3 weeks in the beginning of June, I'd love to see a cat show there, and we wounldn't mind travelling a bit... any ideas where I can look? I tried th cat fancy website, but all I saw was cat show in texas then... any other places to look?

Edwina's Secretary
04-04-2002, 09:11 AM
My favorite website for what is going on in Chicago is www.ci.chi.il.us. It has links to what is going on around town.

I'll keep an eye for any cat shows in the Upper Midwest in June. You can always come and see Edwina!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Oh, Efrat, I'm so disappointed! Terry and I will be in Germany and Switzerland in the beginning of June. :( Otherwise you could have been the first autograph on Tubby's world tour. ;)

I have no idea on where to find cat shows in the area. Metro Mix (http://www.metromix.com) is a good place to go for things going on in the Chicago area. If you can get out of the city, Wisconsin and Illinois are beautiful in June. Holland, Michigan is also pretty because they have tulips everywhere, but I'm not sure if they bloom in May or June.

If you're into massages and facials and such, we just got back from a great weekend at the Fontana Spa (http://www.fontanaspa.com) near Lake Geneva in Wisconsin, which is only about a two hour drive from Chicago.

And here's another website for Wisconsin (http://www.travelwisconsin.com/d2k/servlet/internet.Intro) tourism.

And of course you have to see all the things that Chicago has to offer like all the museums, Buckingham Fountain, the Lincoln Park and Brookfield Zoos......oh and so much more.

This trip to Germany and Switzerland is really bad timing. Not only will I miss you, I'll also be missing one of my best friend's weddings. :( But how often does the opportunity present itself for a trip to Germany.......

Let me know if you need anymore help in finding anything or about anything you might want to see. Oprah tickets I can't help you with though. Been there, done that and no luck. ;)

purrley
04-04-2002, 12:20 PM
Efrat - I found a huge cat show listing from all over the world by going into Ask Jeeves and asking about CFA catshows. That's how I found out my city is having one on the 20th of this month.

Efrat
04-05-2002, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions and comments.

purrley- I did find something in ask jeeves, 2 cat shows in wisconsin which is not too far... we can go on a day trip..

Tubby & Peanut's Mom- Thanks for all the info, I'll not need any guides as my boyfriend Ilan is originally from the Chicago area, anf hid family still lives there (we will stay there). Ilan's Mon will take care of the entertaiment tickets... It's a shame you won't be there, we could have arranged a pet talk meeting...

Edwina's Secretary - Maybe you can come with us to the cat show? or maybe we can meet you andthe famous Edwina... I'll let you know when I have more detials (My boss hasn't hears my plans yet...)

:D

Edwina's Secretary
04-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Edwina loves company...especially when they admire her!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Efrat, let me know the exact dates and maybe there will be one or two days when we'll both be here before one of us flys out. It's great that your in-laws live here and your boyfriend is from here, that makes it so much easier to find your way around. Let me know what your plans are when you finalize them and we'll see if we can meet up.

Efrat
04-06-2002, 11:47 PM
Tí Tubby & Peanut's Mom,

I'll have the details in a few days, contact me by e-mail/icq/msn messenger and we can talk about it...

Efrat