PDA

View Full Version : I found out

MyLittleMutt
12-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I finally found out what my puppy's birthday is. I posted about being confused about his age. I heard back from the woman that has him.

He was born Nov. 15th. :)

Alysser
12-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Good thing you found out!

tatsxxx11
12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Start planning that birthday party!:D Happy belated birthday, sweetie!:)

.sarah
12-14-2005, 11:53 PM
So he's one month old today! :)

MyLittleMutt
12-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Yeah, he is one month old today.

lv4dogs
12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
He's only 4 weeks old and has already been seperated from his littermates and mother?
Or did I miss something, is this the same aussie mix in your sig?

lv4dogs
12-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Just bumping because I'm curious.

MyLittleMutt
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
No, I'm getting a Shih Tzu that is 4 weeks old right now, I will be getting him when he is 6 weeks old.

Samantha is 5 months old. She is the Aussie mix.

grybai
12-16-2005, 04:40 PM
No, I'm getting a Shih Tzu that is 4 weeks old right now, I will be getting him when he is 6 weeks old..

Isn't six weeks still a little young?

MyLittleMutt
12-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes.

lv4dogs
12-19-2005, 09:00 AM
No, I'm getting a Shih Tzu that is 4 weeks old right now, I will be getting him when he is 6 weeks old.

Samantha is 5 months old. She is the Aussie mix.

Phew, I thought you thought that Sam was only 4 weeks old. :p

6 weeks is still a little young though. A reputable breeder or shelter won't let the dog go before (s)he's at least 8 weeks of age.

MyLittleMutt
12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I know. But I am not getting the dog from a shelter or breeder.

A lady, I know has 2 shih tzus that she got from some other person. The shih tzus were not being taken care of. The lady that has the shih tzu's didn't know the female was pregnant until she brought them home. I decided I wanted to get a puppy from her. She has already found homes for the other pups. She plans have mom dog spayed and dad dog neutered.

bckrazy
12-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Congrats! I can't wait to see your Shih pup! ;) they're awesome little dogs, my aunt has a puppy boy named Ziggy and he's wonderful. She got him when he was 11 weeks old, and he was still tiny. If I were you, I'd talk to the breeder about the importance of interaction and learning that goes on between a puppy and his/her littermates after 6 weeks. 7 weeks should be the absolute earliest, 11 or 13 weeks is ideal! Not having that daily contact with his littermates and Mom during his learning and fear period (7-8 weeks) can have life-long effects on how he interacts with other dogs and people in his life, not to mention small-breed puppies are SO vulnerable at such a young age. The smaller the pup, the longer they need to stay with Mom and their litter. I don't see why she can't keep the pups for a few more weeks, just because she rescued the mom and dad. Good luck with your pup, either way, and make sure to start taking him everywhere and socializing him ASAP to make up for the time lost with his litter.

caseysmom
12-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Bubba is half shih tzu, he was seven weeks old when we got him. He was really tiny, he was 2 pounds. Just make sure you have some soft food for the first few weeks, they are so small the dry food is hard for them to eat unless you get it wet.

His personality is just awesome, I have never had such an affectionate dog as him, he is totally a lap dog and is stuck to me like glue, I can sit down and count to 10 and I know he will be on my lap by the time I get to 10 no matter what. He is just a little love bug. Plus he has brought casey totally out of her shell, she was an abused rescue.