PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited!

catnapper
12-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I went to JC Penney's outlet store at lunch to see if I could pick up something little for hubby for Christmas. I found something, and it ain't little! What did I get? A brand new microfiber couch for $189!!! Woohooo! Sure, I have the little problem of HOW I'm gonna get it home (they don't deliver outlet items).

I'm so excited, I have read all the threads here about those of you with micerofiber. I'm interested to see if "Harry the Couch Shredder" takes a whack at the new one. I'll have to be really on top of nail trims (I've been so bad lately). Maybe he won't take interest in sharpening his claws on this one. Maybe.

So, any bets on how long the couch will remain unclawed? ;) How long do you think an ivory ultra-suede couch will remain ivory with 5 cats and a dog?

Woohoo.... can ya tell I'm excited over my bargain hunting couch? LOL

edit to add the link to my new couch. JC Penney couch (http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=25438&CatID=26011&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=0d411d5&ProdSeq=8&Cat=sofas-loveseats&Dep=Home+Furnishings&PCat=Sofas+%26+Chairs&PCatID=26010&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=16&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=WindowSolutionHOM%252Easpx&RefCatID=26010&RefDeptID=25438) Ain't it purrrty? Its in that color too.

JenBKR
12-14-2005, 03:17 PM
WOW that's a great price!! I saw one at Big Lots for a little under $300, and I am considering buying it. I love the microfiber. My parents just bought one, and it's so comfy...they have 5 cats and none of them mess with the couch.

kimlovescats
12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
That's a beautiful couch, and a STEAL at $189!!! :eek: Ho ho ho!!! :D

JenBKR
12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh man, I just clicked the link and saw it, it's beautiful! I wish we had a JC Penny outlet store around here...hmm, Reading's not tooo far away...LOL maybe hubby will drive it for me. of course, with the price of gas, I might as well get the one from Big Lots... ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-14-2005, 04:16 PM
What a bargain !!! Wow, such a beautiful couch, for so little money!!
I hope that your furkids will show some respect for mommy's bargain :D

catmandu
12-14-2005, 04:29 PM
I said the Word Couch and The Found Cats all started crying because I threw the ratty Old Couch old this Fall,
We miss OUR COUCHIE!
MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEWW
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I am going to look for A Pillow Back,Too Bad the Amity doesnt deliver.

Gin
12-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Oooooo, pretty! And what a bargain! When I got my couch, I had it reupholstered in the 'Willow Bough' pattern by William Morris. It was so beautiful it could bring tears to your eyes. Then I covered it all up with quilts so the cats wouldn't shed all over it and claw it to death. I haven't seen that beautiful fabric since the couch arrived.

Felix
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I need to borrow you to help with holiday shopping next year,man you sure find the deals ;) Beautiful sofa :D

moosmom
12-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I LOVE it!!! I love the overstuffed look. I'd be excited too! Anyway you can tie it on the roof of your car?? Got a friend who has a truck? Rent one for an hour from a truck rental place.

WOOHOO!!! :D :D :D

crazy_caique
12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
What a DEAL :eek:
It beautiful.

jenluckenbach
12-15-2005, 05:43 AM
That looks like a lovely (and comfortable) couch! Congratulations on the price!
Now, as for the color............

I*V*O*R*Y ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I know what you need for Christmas, a gross of sticky rollers, and an upholstery suction cleaner ;)

Can I come sit on your new couch??

orangemm
12-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Beautiful couch! Looks "cat-comfy"! I wonder, with the microfiber, will cat hair show up on it? Certain fabrics don't show lint or cat hair.

Great deal, too!

catnapper
12-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Yes Jen, A moment of insanity led me to an ivory couch. Its soooo comfy, You just melt into it.

They also had a burgundy couch in a nubby fabric that looked like it would have taunted all the cats "scratch me... you know you wanna.... come on, take a swipe at me" and hubby would have been through the roof with Harry swiping his claws on the new couch (the old one is just fine since its old as dirt and UGLY). I really am confident that this smooth fabric will not invite any clawing. They have not touched my settee, and I think its because of the silky smooth fabric. Any fabric thats got a texture is fair game for them :rolleyes: Besides, the burgundy couch was not comfy. It was just a place to sit. The ivory couch is a place to melt into.

So when are ya gonna come sit on my new couch? Any time is good for me! :D

emily_the_spoiled
12-15-2005, 08:34 AM
You know if the outlet doesn't deliver, they probably have a service that will do it for them. Give them a call and ask.

I have a microfiber sleeper sofa in the family room and it is COMFY. Even the furry gang likes it and more importantly doesn't scratch it ;)

catmandu
12-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Michael tells me that the Cat Angels have been sitting on the Couch and that you are not exaggerating.
And that if I was any kind of a Cat Dad I would be phoning up Sears RIGHT NOW,and ordering the Biggest,The Softest Couch in the Store.
RIGHT NOW being the preemptive words!

smokey the elder
12-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Such a deal! Good for you.

jenluckenbach
12-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey!!! The cat angels got to sit on the couch before me! :p

(sometimes I am so silly)