PDA

View Full Version : Batman is very sick

G.P.girl
12-14-2005, 01:58 PM
On saturday night Batman started throwing up, but we figured maybe he just ate something bad cause he throws up sometimes, so we gave him a little dinner and went to bed, but he threw up four times that night and 2 or 3 times on sunday. and he lost a lot of wieght and was really dehydrated and wouldnt eat or drink, even though we forced him to have some water. and he was acting really listless, he would barely lift his head and he wouldnt get up or wag his tail. so we took him to the vet monday morning and they had to admit him and they gave him an IV and took and x-ray to see if he had a blockage and the vet said that she couldnt see a blockage but that a radiologist had to look at it to be sure. so they sent it to a radiologist and said we would have it by the next morning(tuesday) meanwhile we had to bring him home for the night because they werent an overnight clinic, but he seemed like he was doing better so the vet said it was probably not a blockage but it could still be a partial blockage. well in the morning it turns out the the radiologist they sent it to is on vacation and wont be back til the 18th :mad: so they send it to another one. it doesnt get sent until midnight on tuesday and it is now 11:48 on wednesday and the other radiologist still doesnt have it and probably wont until this afternoon. and batman had seemes like he was getting better, he was eating a little bit of the boiled chicken and rice they told us to feed him and drinking a little water, but then last night he threw up again and has thrown up 3 times since then. and the vet is working at a different clinic today so we have to pay the emergency fees if we take him there and it was $400 on monday just to take him to the normal one. and the vets are really frustrating because they're saying theres nothing they can do about the xray. So does anyone know anything that might help him or make him feel a little better atleast until the vets get the xray thing taken care of? he seems like hes trying to poop now but it seems like it hurts him to squat down :( :confused:

G.P.girl
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
update: my mom just left, shes taking him in for surgery. they said they are going to do it even without the xray because if they dont he'll die and it looks like he most likely does have a blockage. and he'll probably have to stay over night. and all of that will proably be about $2000....so :eek: :(

Ginger's Mom
12-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Batman. :( Prayers going out that they are able to fix whatever is wrong. Be strong, Batman. {{{Hugs}}}

Jadapit
12-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Poor Batman. :( My thoughts are with you and Batman. Please keep us posted on him.

dab_20
12-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Batman, I hope you get better. My thoughts are with you all the time, please get better and heal quickly. :)

G.P.girl
12-14-2005, 04:36 PM
well, my mom just called, she said he's in surgery now, so we're just waiting for the vet to call now *chews nails*.....i'm really worried about him

tatsxxx11
12-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh no, poor baby:( Batman, we need you to get well, sweetheart! I hope the radiologist can review those films very soon! In the meantime, I'd keep in close touch with my vet, continue to feed the bland diet and make sure he's drinking. You don't want him to get dehydrated, especially if he continues to vomit:( They the vet give him anything for the nausea and vomiting? LOTS of postiive thoughts coming your way, Batman. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping and for a swift recovery:) Hugs to you, precious one. Get well soon. Hugs to your mom, too. Please keep us updated.

Sandra~

tatsxxx11
12-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Missed your update. In surgery:( Biting my nails along with you. Saying a prayer right now for Batrman.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I hope Batman will be okay! Poor guy, I'll be crossing my fingers for him.

anna_66
12-14-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm glad your mom took him in. I'll be saying a prayer that it's all going well.
Please update us when you can.

cyber-sibes
12-14-2005, 05:58 PM
pT prayers going out for poor Batman. Hope he's gonna be alright :confused: .

KYS
12-14-2005, 06:05 PM
I hope that Batman's surgery has gone well and he will have a full
recovery.
Will be waiting for an update.

king2005
12-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Poor guy, I hope all turns out well

finn's mom
12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Aw batman...i hope he recovers well and quickly.

G.P.girl
12-14-2005, 07:34 PM
ok so hes out of surgery and they had to cut him open in 3 places and he had eaten three tampons and a piece of rubber (i think from one of his toys) :eek: that dog is crazy :) but hes ok now and my mom is bringing him home :)

dab_20
12-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Wow! He sure is getting into mischivious. (sp?)

I am glad he's ok. :D Hoping for a good recovery, still praying for you, Batman.

tatsxxx11
12-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Holy moly!!! Thank goodness he's ok! Dogs, what they won't eat!:confused: Get well soon, sweet Batman! Sending our love and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Love, Sandra

dab_20
12-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I'd love to see pictures of batman. What kind of dog is he?

KYS
12-14-2005, 10:12 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe what that dog ate.
Dogs are like little children!!
POOR THING!
Well I am glad he is going to be ok. Now you and your family
will have an interesting story to share around family
get-togethers. :)

Cinder & Smoke
12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Glad they managed to "unplug" the Batman and he's on the way home.
You'll have to watch him carefuuly - he's had MAJOR surgery and will need
some quiet time to recover.

As fo this:

... he had eaten three tampons and a piece of rubber (I think from one of his toys) http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif
That dog is crazy http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

"CRAZY" he is - but now you know what he "likes" and it's up to all you 2-Leggers
to take whatever steps are required to make sure he can NEVER get into
any of "that stuff" again!

You'll probably have to put the bathroom waste basket inside a closet or
behind a vanity door - SOMEwhere where Batman can NEVER try
to get into it again.

*Feel Better* soon, Batman!

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Ginger's Mom
12-15-2005, 05:33 AM
How is Batman feeling this morning? Hope all is going well.

G.P.girl
12-15-2005, 10:38 AM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

"CRAZY" he is - but now you know what he "likes" and it's up to all you 2-Leggers
to take whatever steps are required to make sure he can NEVER get into
any of "that stuff" again!

You'll probably have to put the bathroom waste basket inside a closet or
behind a vanity door - SOMEwhere where Batman can NEVER try
to get into it again.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

yeah we thought we had it taken care of because we got one with the swinging lids that you can only push from one side and had it turned around and behind something so he couldnt get to it...i guess he was determined though :rolleyes: so we'll figure something else out.

dab_20, he's a lab mix, i think hes lab-golden retriever, but my mom thinks he's lab-newfoundland. i think shes just hoping though ;)

He came home last night, cause the vet isnt an overnight clinic and it woudl be another $500 the transfer him to an emergency clinic, so they said he could come home but we had to monitor him carefully adn take him in at any sign of anything wrong. luckily he was ok andhe mostly just laid all night, it was hard takign him out to pee though cause he wieghs about 60+ pounds and we have to carry him. his belly is all shaved and he has a big incision with staples and internal stiaches. my mom took him back to the vet this morning so he's gonna chill there for a while. but he's gonna be ok, now all he has to do is rest and let himself heal...no dog park for a while :(

wolfie
12-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Poor guy! How scary for you all. I am so glad he is okay now. From now on just eat dog food, okay Batman. Give him a hug for me.

lv4dogs
12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Sorry I missed this thread at first. What a scare. I'm glad to hear hes on the mend now. Hope he's back to his old self (minus the eating odd objects part) in no time!

Daisy and Delilah
12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Awwwww!!!!! Get well Batman and watch what you're eating buddy ;)

Ree'sKujo
12-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm so glad to hear he is ok and doing well.Isn't amazing the things dogs will do, get into and eat.He sounds like a real character.Hope he recovers quickly.I'll be praying for you all.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm glad Batman is doing better. Poor pup!! At least he has a nice family to take care of him! :)

poofy
12-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh mercy that poor baby. :eek: .Im so gald hes ok. :) .give his a hug and hope he watches what hes eating...http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/sigh.gif

buttercup132
12-15-2005, 07:09 PM
aww poor guy cant he get tss like girls with tampons?

G.P.girl
12-16-2005, 12:12 AM
i dont know about tss, but if we had left it in there much longer some of the tissue on the inside of his intestines would have started dying from lack of blood. he's better now, he's home and he has a heating pad because his temperature was a little low and that had the vet concerned. but she said that other than that his vitals are all good and stayed good during the surgery. he's eaten a few small meals and he was walk a little better even though i still have to carry him outside to pee, which scares me cause he's so big and i'm afraid i'm going to hurt him or drop him. thanks for all the prayers and good wishes :) batman appreciates it

dukedogsmom
12-16-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm so sorry I just now saw this. I hope Batman recovers well and is soon back to getting to go to the dog park. Give him lots of hugs from me and Duke says "woof". Hope he's feeling better really soon.

K9karen
12-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Just saw this, sorry. I'm glad I got to the happy ending, though.
We went through 3 different kinds of trash cans in the kitchen with our Lab/GR. He learned how to open everyone by watching-even put his paw on the bottom lever and stuck his head in. Not to make light of Batman, but Cody once chowed down a knee high stocking and it came out the next day with poop inside it! Same with plastic wrap. I swear, I think they do that on purpose to try and kill us.
I'm so glad Batman is going to be OK. I know you were scared to death. I'm glad he was operated on in time to save his life. What a relief! Lots of prayers for both of you. Gentle kisses, Batman.

pitc9
12-16-2005, 08:42 AM
I am so sorry I've only just now saw this.... but I am SO glad to hear it's a good outcome!
Here's wishing Batman a speedy recovery!!
(My garbage cans are always tirned around backwards facing a wall.)

tatsxxx11
12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Hope you're feeling just a bit better tonight, Batman:) Take it easy and listen to your Mom and before you know it, you'll be back on all 4's and enjoying the dog park:) Hugs to you, sweetheart!:)

G.P.girl
12-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Update: Batman is feeling a little better. we had to take him back to the vet today because his incision started oozing and bleeding. it's really huge! i think its about 8 inches long :eek: at first the vet thought he might have internal bleeding from his internal incisions (he has 3) but then it turns out it was just his external one. so she cleaned it up and hes back home now, but it smells really really bad. i feel so sorry for him. but atleast hes feeling better, he gets up sometimes and hes been eating and drinking more

cyber-sibes
12-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Glad to hear Batman is doing alright, but it does sound scarey. I didn't realize he was so big - 60 lbs! :eek: Be careful not to hurt yourself carrying him!

Kfamr
12-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I've been checking in on this thread since you made it but haven't had time to post until now. Just letting you know i'm thinking of you all and glad Batman is getting better. Give him some gentle hugs from me and The Muttlies. :)