PDA

View Full Version : On the 137th Thursday, My true love gave to me....

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 11:28 AM
A freshly made double DOTD...

Hot Buttered Rum

1 Lemon Twist, 1 Stick of Cinnamon, 1 Clove, Boiling Cider, 2 oz. Rum and a Pat of Butter

In a mug or pewter tankard, add spices and rum. Fill with Cider & float Butter in top.

Done!

As we sail into the week before Christmas let's keep that "spirit" flowing.... :)

Pot o' coffee, some bacon, toast and hash browns.......fruit and a bowl o' cherries for you know who!

Some doggie biscuit for the Lady and the Possum.. :)

moosmom
12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Hot buttered rum??? Sounds good to me!

finn's mom
12-14-2005, 11:41 AM
If it'll help me wake up, I want some of it. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm going to hold off and any drinks until Slick checks in. Sure hoping no news is good news......

lbaker
12-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I'd love a DOTD while waiting to hear from Slick. I would call her but I'm at work and I'm afraid to call her from here. That food looks scrumptious ya'll, allow me to give you a hand *clap clap clap* :rolleyes: I used Slick's recipe for the doggie biscuits and have a variety of Christmas nuts for Mario - OH HUSH NOW WITH THE CHRISTMAS "NUTS" THING :D I actually need to talk to Gini too so maybe I'll just leave early so I can call them both in private ~~

smokey the elder
12-14-2005, 12:44 PM
It's COLD here! That hot buttered rum sounds like it goes really well with this weather.

Corinna
12-14-2005, 12:52 PM
ervve me up one of thosre HBR It's only noon and its gone from 9 to 16 degrees had to walk to the libary twice. . does rum go with left over chicken legs and rice?

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 12:54 PM
It's COLD here! That hot buttered rum sounds like it goes really well with this weather.

Weather? :confused:

When us Cah lee fuh nee ahns hear about weather it confuses us!

One HBR...DONE!

Laurie,
You have to call her from "there"...

Thanks for the 'hand'..

One HBR....

DONE!

T&P,

Yes we want good news!!!

FM,
Just don't sit and stare into the fire......

another HBR..
DONE!

MM,
If a HBR sounds good to you, this should sound better...
DONE! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM
I have some yummie beef stew simmering! I'll share!!!

Could I have a cherry limeade to go with it, and 4 cnt's? Please? :D

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I have some yummie beef stew simmering! I'll share!!!

Could I have a cherry limeade to go with it, and 4 cnt's? Please? :D

tell ya what....

Trade you a CLA and the CNTs for a bowl of stew?

DONE? :D

FM,

I meant "don't stare into the fire, that will put you to sleep"...

And I would like to introduce our latest member to Thursdays, Pat O' Butter,

she's Irish, ya know?

lbaker
12-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Pats sweetie is shy but allow me to introduce his girlfriend, Bits O'Honey :p Don't they look yummy together ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
tell ya what....

Trade you a CLA and the CNTs for a bowl of stew?

DONE? :D

DONE!!! :D

davidpizzica
12-14-2005, 03:03 PM
RICHARD, one hot buttered rum while I sit over by the fire with Pat O'Butter! I tried to play my DVD of Santa Clause conquers the martians and even the DVD player rejected it, it was SO bad! Fun weather in the 'burgh tomorrow with sleet freezing rain rain and snow all tomorrow! That's weather, RICHARD.

slick
12-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Well, I don't feel much like parteeeeing...just wanted to check in and give everyone a Christmas {{{hug}}}. Please sir, you *&^%$ annoying thing.... :D could I have a double BM to go? Thanks. ;)

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 04:45 PM
DONE!!! :D

Thank You! :D

David,

You just behave yourself with Pat O'Butter......she's a fine upstanding lass!

And Santa Claus conquers the Martians....LOL, I have to look for it!!

Slick,

Good wishes and you got a Double BM to GO!!!

DONE!

lbaker
12-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Now wait a dog-bone minute here, I thought Pat was a guy and his gurlfriend Bits was - well, "his" girlfriend. Hmmm, are they from California :confused: ;) :D

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Now wait a dog-bone minute here, I thought Pat was a guy and his gurlfriend Bits was - well, "his" girlfriend. Hmmm, are they from California :confused: ;) :D

dahlink!

Bits as in "bits"...... Ahem, furminology please? :) :p ;)

Got it? :D

Corrina,
I am sorry, I start a post and it take me a while to get things rolling.

Let me get you a drink, DONE!

lbaker
12-14-2005, 06:32 PM
OH RICHARD! I wasn't referring to furminology "bits" silly :eek: Here, let me pour YOU a drinky-poo my dear ;) Boy oh boy, this leftover stew is guuuud!!

"The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell
I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move a little closer
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ahh, but it's cold outside"

.... I just found that old oldie on the jukebox, thought it would be appropriate - at least for those of us in the East ;) :D

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
lololol,
Laurie...

Here let me play you my favorite bad weather song....It's by the Fountains of Wayne..

--------

Hey, sweet Annie
Don't take it so bad
You know the summer's coming soon
Though the interstate is choking under salt and dirty sand
And it seems the sun is hiding from the moon

Your daddy told you
When you were a girl
The kind of things that come to those who wait
So give it a rest girl
Take a deep breath girl
And meet me at the Bay State tonight

And the snow is coming down
On our New England town
And it's been falling all day long
What else is new
What could I do
I wrote a valley winter song
To play for you

And late December
Can drag a man down
You feel it deep in your gut
Short days and afternoons spent pottering around
In a dark house with the windows painted shut

Remember New York
Staring outside
As reckless winter made its way
From Staten Island to the Upper West Side
Whiting out our streets along the way

And the snow is coming down
On our New England town
And it's been falling all day long
What else is new
What can I do
But sing this valley winter song
I wrote for you

davidpizzica
12-14-2005, 07:48 PM
I'll be nice, RICHARD, I'll even tell Donna about her!

gini
12-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone, just stopping in for a quick minute - no thanks, Richard, no drink for me right now.

It has been a long day and I too, am worried about Speckles and Slick.

Laurie, it is too late your time for me to call you back......hopefully we can catch each other tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another day - let's all hope for nothing but good news!

lbaker
12-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I had a nice chat with Slick last night. Hope to talk with you today Gini! And here's another special holiday song - maybe for David?? ;)

"Santa baby, just slip a sable under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, a '54 convertible too, light blue,
I'll wait up for you dear
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight" :D :p

davidpizzica
12-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Love the song, Laurie! I also wouldn't mind having a light blue '54 convertible, either!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2005, 09:59 AM
'Morning everbody!

Tomorrow Terry goes to get the motorhome so we can start packing it up to head out Saturday morning. We'll actually be staying in it tomorrow night, so I guess that means vacation starts tomorrow - wooo hooo!!! Now all we have to do is get all this nasty weather out of the way so we can have a clear shot down to the Keys. I hear Georgia is getting bad ice today and we most certainly do not need that! :eek:

I've got a ton of stuff to do today, so I'm just going to grab a bagle and schmear with a coke to go. Have a good day everybody and hopefully I'll be able to check in later. :)

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 11:35 AM
I'll be nice, RICHARD, I'll even tell Donna about her!

;)

Hi laurie,

Hi Gini...no drinks you guy are really moving!

T&P,

Your wish is my DONE!

Bagel, schmear (??) and a coke, 5 cubes in a McD's cup....

Mario,
Yes, Lady and Possum can have a little salmon.

Gonna stoke up the fire and get some breakfast going.....anyone???

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2005, 11:39 AM
;)
Bagel, schmear (??) and a coke, 5 cubes in a McD's cup....

Richard, Richard, Richard, you really must get out of CA more often! Schmear is New York speak for the cream cheese you spread on a bagel. ;) Gotta love though, how you provide it even though you don't know what it is. Now that's a bartender! :D

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 01:33 PM
I kinda thought that was what it was......We smear, our here!

The spelling threw me off!

:)

lbaker
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Just who is Mr Lawrence anyway?? :confused: Is he related to Mrs. Calabash? Wherever she is?? ;)

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Just who is Mr Lawrence anyway?? :confused: Is he related to Mrs. Calabash? Wherever she is?? ;)

Yes, distant cousins.....Should you Google it you may get the answer! ;)

lbaker
12-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Ah ha! "I see" said the blind man ;)

catland
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Why does Santa always go down the chimney?

Because it soots him! :eek: :p

Is it time to watch Christmas movies yet?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2005, 04:34 PM
:D :D

Too funny, Julie. :D

How about a pitcher of the DOTD to go? I always like to start my vacations early (in my mind anyway), and some good ol' buttered rum will sure help do that tonight while we do our final packing!

And before I run, here's a toast to Speckles. May she return to health for a good long time yet!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-15-2005, 04:50 PM

Is it time to watch Christmas movies yet?Cute joke!!! :D

I have videos of White Christmas and of Scrooge! Oh and Mr. MaGoo's Christmas Carol! I love that but be warned, I sing to the songs! :eek: :D

davidpizzica
12-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi from the world's largest ice sculpture, Pittsburgh! The roads are very icy with snow on top of the ice. The Colbalt is under the carport until the roads improve. Connie, play, Mr. Magoo's Christmas carol, and I'll bring a copy of "How the grinch stole Christmas" (not the Jim Carrey version). Connie, are you a good singer? An HBR will taste great about now!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi from the world's largest ice sculpture, Pittsburgh! The roads are very icy with snow on top of the ice. The Colbalt is under the carport until the roads improve. Connie, play, Mr. Magoo's Christmas carol, and I'll bring a copy of "How the grinch stole Christmas" (not the Jim Carrey version). Connie, are you a good singer? An HBR will taste great about now!
Well, I've never had people run screaming from the room when I sing, yet, anyway! ;)

I'll pop some popcorn too. Yes, Mario we can have cheese popcorn as well as the regular. What? I've never heard of cherry flavor so you'll have to make do with cheese or butter flavor.

Mario, go put the big throw pillows around on the sofa and chairs so everyone can get comfy who comes in.

I like the original "Grinch" better than the one with Jim Carrey! That dog!! is so cute in it! :D

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 05:10 PM
;)

Is it time to watch Christmas movies yet?

Now that's a Christmas JOKE! :)

I am saving "A christmas story" for next week.....

We have had a few last week and I am going to get a DVD player so we all can watch Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, It's Pia Zadora's first movie, ya know? :)

MOFF,
Sing along if you want. Pop those suckers in.......I have never seen Magoo in High Definition..

DONE?

T&P,

One pitcher of HBRs for your packing......Have fun...

Yeah!!! A Snottie Field trip!!!!! :D

DONE!!!

David,

Ice Sculpture? What's that? :confused: ;)

ONE HBR?
DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-15-2005, 05:16 PM
;)

MOFF,
Sing along if you want. Pop those suckers in.......I have never seen Magoo in High Definition..

DONE?

:D DONE!!!

davidpizzica
12-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Well, I've never had people run screaming from the room when I sing, yet, anyway! ;)

I'll pop some popcorn too. Yes, Mario we can have cheese popcorn as well as the regular. What? I've never heard of cherry flavor so you'll have to make do with cheese or butter flavor.

Mario, go put the big throw pillows around on the sofa and chairs so everyone can get comfy who comes in.

I like the original "Grinch" better than the one with Jim Carrey! That dog!! is so cute in it! :D
Connie, I especially like the part where the grinch ties the antlers to the poor dog. His head slowly goes to the ground!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Connie, I especially like the part where the grinch ties the antlers to the poor dog. His head slowly goes to the ground!
:D :D :D

Lady's Human
12-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, the wood is all stacked and covered by tarps, lady's tuckus is frozen, it's snowing, and my butt is parked here for the night. Just got the real fires going, had dinner, now it's time to relax.

How about a HBRR to go with my flexoril (Slipped in the snow while pulling one of the tarps over a woodpile), and Lady and I will sit here by the fire and watch Mr Magoo.

RedHedd
12-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone. I sure do miss Mr. Magoo - where is CCL anyway? No one's heard from her in eons!

I've been home from work since yesterday noon - dragged myself home and into bed with some sort of Kung-flu :rolleyes: Then this morning when gathering some e-mail, my Norton Internet Securty asked me to activate it AGAIN - it does this several times a month - no rhyme or reason, it just decides my subscription is not active, however this time it said No, you're not getting another chance; you've "installed" this software too many times! What? :eek: Symantec got my renewal $$ last month. so I've been on the phone with India, I've uninstalled and reinstalled - takes hours with this app and I've been back on the phone with India - it's still not working right, just different errors now. India says they've sent me a file, which I'm waiting for ...

in the meantime, I still feel like S**T ... ugh. I need a cuppa tea and then I think I might crawl back into bed with the furries :( :p

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
How about a HBRR to go with my flexoril (Slipped in the snow while pulling one of the tarps over a woodpile), and Lady and I will sit here by the fire and watch Mr Magoo.

I've been home from work since yesterday noon - dragged myself home and into bed with some sort of Kung-flu :rolleyes: in the meantime, I still feel like S**T ... ugh. I need a cuppa tea and then I think I might crawl back into bed with the furries :( :p

I am putting my foot down.
I wanted everyone to be safe and 'unsick' until the end of the year and this is not working out very well.... :mad:

I therefore decree that the last two weeks of the year shall be pain free.....and not frozen tuckus either......Lady, Lady's Human and Redd...On the couch.....I'll porter the wood in (thanks to the wood stacker and the help..) On cup of tea and One GIANT HBR w/a Flexoril chaser...(I have a Thermacare wrap that you can have. That will make you right as rain...)

David and MOFF- lighting and director?

Start the movies!!! :D

davidpizzica
12-15-2005, 06:20 PM
I am putting my foot down.
I wanted everyone to be safe and 'unsick' until the end of the year and this is not working out very well.... :mad:

I therefore decree that the last two weeks of the year shall be pain free.....and not frozen tuckus either......Lady, Lady's Human and Redd...On the couch.....I'll porter the wood in (thanks to the wood stacker and the help..) On cup of tea and One GIANT HBR w/a Flexoril chaser...(I have a Thermacare wrap that you can have. That will make you right as rain...)

David and MOFF- lighting and director?

Start the movies!!! :D
RICHARD, the lights are off and the DVD player running!!

catland
12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I'll fetch the popcorn.

I also like the Patrick Stewart version of "A Christmas Carol" - after Mr. Magoo of course.

For a twisted Christmas movie, I like "The Ref" with Dennis Leary. ;)

and yes, I'm still a sucker for "Its a Wonderful Life".

Corinna
12-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Wahoo I got my car back Bad news while i can drive it small jonts I need a nes clutch plate. Good news its not the tranny. Need a DLC can we play my faviorite chrstmas carol verson somethine. It Rich Little doing all the parts in his different charators its so funny Edith Bunker charter as Mrs Cratchet.

davidpizzica
12-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Wahoo I got my car back Bad news while i can drive it small jonts I need a nes clutch plate. Good news its not the tranny. Need a DLC can we play my faviorite chrstmas carol verson somethine. It Rich Little doing all the parts in his different charators its so funny Edith Bunker charter as Mrs Cratchet.
Corinna, I forgot about that version! It's hilarious. I have it on VHS. I'll dig it out and play it!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2005, 08:33 PM
We're watching "The Santa Clause" right now. Funny movie. :D

I agree with Richard on the last two weeks being a "safe and unsick" zone. I think this should apply to everyone and every critter around the world.

Think I'll have another HBR for the rest of the movie.

Hope Slick checks in and sees my post to help cheer her up.....

gini
12-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Phew, am I ever glad to be here back at the bar! I went Christmas shopping and I thought I had lost my parking ticket. I thought what a great present for myself - I have to BUY this parking space to get out of here. But after dumping the entire contents of my purse on the seat of the car (NOT a pretty sight), I found it stuck inside the purse.

Debbie, have a super safe trip to Florida - avoid So. Carolina so the news says............horrible ice storms.

Wow - look at all of you engrossed in those movies - is there any popcorn left? Mario - NO?? You ate ALL of it? I will join you in a minute.

I did try to call Slick - but got her answering machine. I will feel better if I can talk to her.

Great joke Julie, I will have to remember that to tell my niece -

Richard, thanks, how did you know I really needed a rum and coke with lime?
The look on my face told you huh?

I will just hunker on down here next to Lady on one of the pillows - if she will share..............WE ARE WATCHING WHAT???? :D

Lady's Human
12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Gini, Lady shares, but she can be a bit of a hog AFTER she shares. She expands the cute littlle doggie donut that she starts out in until she takes up the maximum space available (whether she has to move you to fill the space or not)

Richard, I promise, no more injuries (If I can help it), but I can't do much for Lady's frozen tuckus. It's not my fault if she won't let me go outside without her.

How about another HBR and hit play on the video again?

gini
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
That is o.k., I will just accommodate Lady. Kinda used to it........three cats snuggle in and my legs go to sleep, my arm is tingling and I am burning up.

I wake up and rapidly throw the covers off and they look at me like - "And what is YOUR problem?"

Besides, it is pretty nifty when another persons dog allows you to snuggle in with them. Of course, maybe my pocket filled with greenies might have something to do with it!

Richard, GREAT DRINK!!!!

gini
12-15-2005, 11:04 PM
http://www.bettycrockercookies.com/

Hey, if you guys get bored with the movies - this is a fun Christmas site - my niece has been sending me "cookies" all day. All handmade and baked.

Corinna
12-15-2005, 11:11 PM
I think we need to send our good vibes to Gina's ark . She is going to move to New York to finish her school. She's driving all the way . I do hope it means a new and better start for her so raise your drinks . "Here's to you Gina good luck" !

catland
12-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Good morning everyone. It's clear and cold (by our wimpy definition) here in the rose city. Last night I laundered my wonderful, tacky christmas sweater to wear to work. This morning little girl Jan was sitting on it - she was so sweet and nice, thanking me for her new bed (sweet and nice are not normally two words you associate with Jan :rolleyes: ) - so she's still sleeping on it and I'm just wearing boring non-christmas clothes.

I'll put on a strong pot of coffee to start the day - maybe tonight I'll start my Christmas shopping. :eek: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-16-2005, 12:19 PM
http://www.bettycrockercookies.com/

Hey, if you guys get bored with the movies - this is a fun Christmas site - my niece has been sending me "cookies" all day. All handmade and baked.
Gini what a fun site!!! I just sent a cookie to Sandra (tatsxxx11) She will be so surprised!!!
Thanks! :D

Lady's Human
12-16-2005, 01:21 PM
While we're on the subject of cookies, my wife and one of her friends from church made cookies here last week. They made one cookie that I can only describe as crack for sugar junkies. Take sugar cookie dough, roll it into balls, and wrap each piece of dough around a turtle. Bake until light brown. Sounds like something we should stock at the bar for those chocoholic moments!

RICHARD
12-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Sounds like something we should stock at the bar for those chocoholic moments!

lol, Sugar, Chocolate and Cookies....all in one shot..

Having a ''work moment" here.......just stuck my head in for a moment!!

talk to y'all later?

catland
12-16-2005, 01:58 PM
While we're on the subject of cookies, my wife and one of her friends from church made cookies here last week. They made one cookie that I can only describe as crack for sugar junkies. Take sugar cookie dough, roll it into balls, and wrap each piece of dough around a turtle. Bake until light brown. Sounds like something we should stock at the bar for those chocoholic moments!

I'm sure the cookie is delicious - but what about the poor turtle?

Lady's Human
12-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Better than Monty Python's "Crunchy Frogs" skit! :D

RICHARD
12-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Better than Monty Python's "Crunchy Frogs" skit! :D

But what about the Saturday Night Live "Bass o Matic" skit? :eek:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75qbassamatic.phtml

Karen
12-16-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm sure the cookie is delicious - but what about the poor turtle?

Now, now, Lady's Human knows full well he'd hafta answer to the wrath of ME if a real turtle was involved! I am sure his pond turtles are hibernating deep in the mud for the winter, and are safe. He means - of course - the candy kind, with nuts and caramel and chocolate, which half the time the people who make them negelect to put a piece for the turtle's tail!!!!

RedHedd
12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
OMG! That sounds like Chocolate HEAVEN! I'll take half a dozen to go with my cuppa ginger tea (yes, I'm STILL sick! ugh!)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Well, we're in our little(?) cocoon in the Sam's Club parking lot, just sitting here waiting for news on Speckles, so I guess I'll have a DOTD to help warm my bones.

zippy-kat
12-16-2005, 08:48 PM
I officially have my MASTERS now! :cool:

Anyone wanna celebrate with me?

Crown and butterscotch schnapps, please, if anyone's still serving.

Cinder & Smoke
12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I officially have my MASTERS now! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/cool.gif

Anyone wanna celebrate with me?

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Some VERY WELL
DESEVED

**CONGRATS**
to Our
Zippy-Kat ~

WAY TO *GO*
Zippy!!

BIG {{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

Karen
12-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Woooooo hoooooo! A round of Hot Buttered Rums or nice warm chai all around!

Congratulations, Tonya! A few twisty-leaps are in order! :) Piper, you listening?

Corinna
12-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Congrats Now we will see you more now? m we've been missing you.

lbaker
12-17-2005, 07:28 AM
TWISTY-LEAPS ALL AROUND!!! YEAAAA ZIPSTER :D :D Oh, and about those turtles LH, beware the wrath of the Mayor *it's not a pretty sight* ;) :p I just sent you a p.m. Slick ~ I'll call you later on, hopefully you are still asleep.

Cinder & Smoke
12-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Well, we're in our little(?) cocoon in the Sam's Club parking lot,
just sitting here waiting for news on Speckles,
so I guess I'll have a DOTD to help warm my bones.

Are ya pointed "south" in the Motor Howze??

Seems like you kinda snuck outta towne without much FanFare ...
Where's the Travelogue Thread to chronicle the journey?

Have the Junior Assistant Pilots settled in to Life on the Road?

Drive Safe! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-17-2005, 11:17 AM
WAY TO GO ZIPPY!!!! :D :D :D

I'll break out the hot chocolate this morning with tons of marshmallows. It's cold here and fixin to snow this afternoon!!!

Gosh, it's good to see the Mayor and Phred here!!! What out that Mario doesn't sneak a cherry in your drink (unless you want a cherry in it)! :D

zippy-kat
12-17-2005, 01:54 PM
{{Thanks for the congrats, guys! It feels good to have it over and done with! }}

Karen
12-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Hee hee - I went to all my Mom's courses with her for her Masters degree, as I was a little kid - too young for school for me yet, but my older siblings had their own schools to go to. So I tell people I got my Master's before I graduated kindergarten - I was four years old. And boy oh boy does Ma looks happy in her graduation picture! :)

What exactly is your Master's in Tonya?

Cinder & Smoke
12-17-2005, 03:02 PM
It feels good to have it over and done with!

:D
You're not quitin YET, are you?

"DOCTOR" Zippy has a nice *ring* to it!

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Woooo hoooo!!! Way to go Zippy!!! I know how relieved I was when I was done, and all I did was get another bachelor's degree. I can't imagine the work that goes into a Masters! I agree with Corinna though, this means we get to see more of you here, and more of a certain gray and white protege of Edwina too? ;)

Are ya pointed "south" in the Motor Howze??

Seems like you kinda snuck outta towne without much FanFare ...
Where's the Travelogue Thread to chronicle the journey?

Have the Junior Assistant Pilots settled in to Life on the Road?
Thanks for asking Phred, and you'll never guess.....why am I not surprised....yep, you got it....another hydraulic leak. :rolleyes: So we're up before the crack of dawn getting ready to roll. Terry starts the engine and hydraulic fluid literally shoots out the side of the motorhome - like 10 feet! :eek: Turns out there's some kind of oil cooler thingy on the outside of the radiator, and the fluid just shot right out of that. At least this time we knew where the leak was. Cummins was less than a mile away, so we put in all the spare fluid we had (because is shot out every drop and Terry couldn't even steer!) and drove as fast as we could to the Cummins place. JUST made it too, because as we were turning in, the steering went out again and Terry had to manhandle a 45' 40,000 pound motorhome into the parking lot. We took the cooler to a radiator place, they fixed it and we brought it back to Cummins where they reinstalled it. They say it should be good to go, but we're going to look into ordering a new one and having it installed while we're in Florida.....if we make it that far. :rolleyes: So we're finally on the road again and will probably only make it down to Effingham, IL, instead of Dalton, GA which we had hoped to make.

The snots are all settled in. Peanut just went pee pee so she's literally snoozing away now. CJ is fussing now and then, but is doing good. Terry's blood pressure has dropped down to normal again, and I'm ready for a nap. Now....if we could just hit some 40 degree weather, we'd be happy, but it doesn't look like that will happen tonight.

So, I'm ready, and I'm not driving, so bring on the bucket of hot buttered rum! :)

Kfamr
12-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Congrats Tonya! :)

I made home-made potato soup today if anyone's interested - I'm so sick I can't eat it (milk makes me congested as it is) - so if anyone would like a warm bowl of soup.... feel free.

Also, my mom has a freezer full of a variety of her famous Christmas Cookies, fudge, and sorts of sweets - dive in!

davidpizzica
12-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Will it help the grandfather of all chest colds?? Right now I'm coughing and I have bad sore throat. If it does, I'll have a couple of bowls! BTW, this is bad timing because I'm supposed to sing in the church choir tomorrow!

Cinder & Smoke
12-17-2005, 05:44 PM
... this is bad timing because I'm supposed to sing in the church choir tomorrow!

:(

Maybe you can just Hummmmmmm along. :p

Hope you FEEL Better by tomorow!! ;)

Kfamr
12-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Will it help the grandfather of all chest colds?? Right now I'm coughing and I have bad sore throat. If it does, I'll have a couple of bowls! BTW, this is bad timing because I'm supposed to sing in the church choir tomorrow!

Don't think it'll work. I made it for my parents to eat, as I can't even taste much with my cold. I'll make you a few bowls of the "soup" I made for myself. Consisted of hot water, beef boullion, and a few noodles. :p Felt good on my raw sore throat.

Karen
12-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Tea with honey, David, and cough suppresants until church tomorrow is over. Then and only then can you let yourself cough away! At least you're a tenor, and coughing usually seems to wear out the lower portion of someone's range ...

zippy-kat
12-17-2005, 07:54 PM
What exactly is your Master's in Tonya?

Technical Communication

Now comes the task of searching for a new job, one in my field... :( (I HATE interviewing!)
I really do love the company I'm working for now but, unfortunately, they don't pay enough for me to live on my own and I'm really anxious to get my own place again.

You're not quitin YET, are you?

"DOCTOR" Zippy has a nice *ring* to it!

"Dr. Zippy" isn't out of the picture, yet, but definitely put on hold for awhile. I'm starting to burn-out on the homework, etc. I REALLY need a break and I'm ready (God willing lol) to start working in the field.

Congrats Now we will see you more now? we've been missing you.

I agree with Corinna though, this means we get to see more of you here, and more of a certain gray and white protege of Edwina too?

Aww, thanks guys! :o I didn't think/feel that anyone even noticed. It's certainly nice to be missed, but even nicer to be back.

I'll certainly see if a certain grey/white princess is willing to have a photoshoot, though I've never heard of her turning one down yet; must keep that adoring public happy, ya know. ;)

Thursday she had to go to the whitecoats for her annual exam. (Oh man, she'd cringe if she knew I was telling this... lol) They couldn't get her temp at first because ... uh... she was... well, in the words of the vet tech, "She's got some excellent sphincter muscles back here! She won't let me in." :o

Of course, after K'Cee did "let her in" she began to KICK the vet techs. :rolleyes: :eek:
Yup, that's the last time I take the "neighbor's kid" any where. lol

catland
12-17-2005, 09:21 PM
:D Congrats Zippy - thats an impressive accomplishment

Uabassoon
12-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Congrats Tonya :D

slick
12-17-2005, 10:55 PM
CONGRATULATIONS DR. TONYA!!!! :)

RICHARD
12-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Wow,

Fax us a copy and we can post it on the wall....kinda like a famous person's
photo, ya know?

I think it's time for some Champagne.

DONE!

Lady's Human
12-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Sorry, Richard, the Champagne has all been sold to the '72 Dolphins for their annual celebration of futility. (Though I wish someone would have a perfect season again just so we don't have to see czonka popping corks again)

zippy-kat
12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
{{Thanks again, guys!}}

davidpizzica
12-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Sorry I'm late, but congratulations Dr. Zippy- Kat!

RICHARD
12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
LH,

Loved the Shula/Griese interview...."We just had diet coke...."

They were probably screaming and yelling (you should have heard MY neighbors....) and saying, "Take that you overpaid, whiny wimps.....We played when men were men and the pigskin was pigskin!" :D

Dr. Zip,

You mean you can't take the temp on your own cat now???

Exactly WHAT kind of doctor are you??? :confused:

But, then again, K'cee being the consumate lady I can see her objections to the whole idea.

DONE? :confused:

zippy-kat
12-19-2005, 06:24 PM
I think there's been some confusion... I have my masters not my doctorate. :o

But you can call me Dr. Zip if you want to. lol :p

RICHARD
12-19-2005, 06:34 PM

What a goody two shoes.....you had everyone fooled and there ya go......
breaking our hearts again. :p

And to think I was going to ask you about the pain when I lift my shoulder...

ME: Dr Zip, It hurts my arm when I do this......

YOU: Well, DON'T do it......

:p :eek: :rolleyes:

gini
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Richard, Zip was in the Masters and she won. Now quit complaining about your shoulder and go over and congratulate her. Tell her great game or something like that........maybe she would sign one of your..............clubs as a nice gesture.

I think that calls for a drink!

lbaker
12-20-2005, 07:39 AM
Richards club :confused: What, is he playing caveman again :eek: ;)

RICHARD
12-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Richard, Zip was in the Masters and she won. Now quit complaining about your shoulder and go over and congratulate her. Tell her great game or something like that........maybe she would sign one of your..............clubs as a nice gesture.

I think that calls for a drink!

lolol, she probably wants her own hanger for the Green Jacket.....Let me go to the L and F to find her one.

Zippy,

Congratulations! An autograph please?

Laurie,

I am the original caveman. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM

But you can call me Dr. Zip if you want to. lol :pI was afraid we would have to call you Master Zippy! or should that be your majesty? :D

gini
12-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Well, gosh, Connie, she does have a tiara - so maybe Her Majesty of Masters would be alright! :D

lbaker
12-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Ms Majesty of Masters aka mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GUD :D

RICHARD
12-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Isn't the female form of masters, MISTRESS???

Just asking.... :D :confused: :eek: :p

zippy-kat
12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
You guys are tooooo funny! :D

Cinder & Smoke
12-20-2005, 05:19 PM
She does have a tiara -
so maybe Her Majesty of Masters would be alright! :D

:D

Doesn't quite <flow> off the tongue! :p

So ... what *DO* you call the holder of a Masters Degree ?? :confused:

A PhD rates "Doctor" ...

A Bachelor Degreegets ya *nuffin* other than Mr. - Ms. - Mrs...

MASTERS otta be worth SOME sort of "title" ...

:confused:

RICHARD
12-20-2005, 05:47 PM
You guys are tooooo funny! :D

As long as you ain't ticked at us.......You do the work, take the grief and we just laugh, laugh and laugh......... ;) :p :D

I am going to get an early start on the Next Thursday Thread.....

Onward, thru the fog!