PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy yourself a Christmas present?

vinjashira
12-14-2005, 06:04 AM
My friend just told me that he got himself a digital radio for Christmas.

I was just wondering, do you buy yourself a Christmas present? I personally don't :p

neko1
12-14-2005, 06:06 AM
With all that is happening in my life right now, I have very few people to buy Christmas presents for. So, yes, I have bought myself tons of Christmas presents for me.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-14-2005, 06:35 AM
OF COURSE I DO THAT ;) . My reason for buying certain presents is that I love that present, like the person,etc.. . Well, if I see a nice scarf, and love it; I might as well buy it for myself, right? :D . Oh yes, I do like myself ;)

davidpizzica
12-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Is there a "sort of" on here? My brothers helped me lease a brand new chevy colbalt, however I'll be making the payments!

moosmom
12-14-2005, 06:58 AM
Every year!!! My reasoning? Well, at least I'm guaranteed ONE present under the tree! :p

christa
12-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Oh yeah! It's a good excuse to spend money on ME!

I always buy some clothes around Christmas time. I never wrap them, but my excuse is that I need something to wear to the Christmas parties & events!

And this year I bought my Spotbot pretty close to Christmas . . . told hubby that it could be the kitty's Christmas present ;) . . . . but we all know that the kitties could care less about anything like that. If they could, they'd probably throw it out the door!

The good thing about getting your shopping done for everyone else EARLY is that you have more money & time to shop for yourself! I've finally figured it out and it's a great plan! :)

JenBKR
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Well, I do usually buy myself a new outfit for the Christmas parties, does that count ;)

Muddy4paws
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Of course! I think you should treat yourself at christmas

catnapper
12-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Oh boy do I! This year, I bought myself a ring I wanted - it was only $30, so I bought it! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
12-14-2005, 08:37 AM
I need a "sort of" choice too. I usually "help" Justin pick out my gifts. This year Justin and I bought ourselves a new TV. There won't be too much else under the tree for either of us.

anna_66
12-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Actually I do, why not? I think I deserve it...I've been good this year:D
I spluged and got myself some of this stuff
Dead Sea Salt Mineral Treatment (http://66.51.53.166/deadsea.asp)
Dead Sea Salt Body Butter (http://66.51.53.166/skinbody.asp)
And both of these
Dead Sea Facial Peal & Firming Moisturizer (http://66.51.53.166/facial.asp)

The best Christmas present I've ever gotten myself (I'm not getting any younger :rolleyes: gotta do everything I can to stay young looking;)).

cloverfdx
12-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I have to because i will probably get nothing else ;). Unless Ma parks a car under the tree *Keeps dreaming*.

Kfamr
12-14-2005, 09:18 AM
I just bought myself this:
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/nocache/5/40976535_F_tn.jpg

slick
12-14-2005, 10:00 AM
No, I never do, in fact I rarely spend money on myself for actual presents. However, I guess you could say that my yearly trip to LA for the BBQ would be a present.

rosethecopycat
12-14-2005, 10:03 AM
I think that it's just a justification for buying something for yourself.
Not exactly the 'gift giving' spirit is it?

Skip the pretense, and just get yourself what you want. No big deal.

cyber-sibes
12-14-2005, 10:19 AM
I usually get some little thing I want for myself, and wrap it up to myself "from Star and Sherman" -- hee hee, they want me to be happy too! Last year "they" gave me a nice scarf with doggies on it that I wear to the dogpark. I think it's gong to be one of those PT calendars this year!

Husky_mom
12-14-2005, 12:55 PM
OH YES!!! of course i buy for myself, who knows my taste better than me :p
LOL

though this year i have no clue what i want, ironic, isnīt it??

lvpets2002
12-14-2005, 01:02 PM
:) Sure I do get me a special something & then I feel guilty that the furbabies didnt get something & so go back & get them something & then that is two something special presents I just got..

slleipnir
12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Naww. I don't. I don't have a ton of money, so I like to spend the money I do have on nice things for my family. I just went to florida/utah...That can be my present to myself lol.

Flatcoatluver
12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
yep this year i bought some new furniture for my room

G.P.girl
12-14-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah i buy mysel flittle things when i have money leftover from presents...or even if i dont have money left over...i gues i'm not very true christmas spirity :o i'm not totally selfish though lol

Samantha Puppy
12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I wish. We can't even afford to get OTHER people Christmas presents this year. I'd feel horrible if I spent any money on myself instead of others. I'm already considering forgoing a Christmas tree because I can't justify spending money on a soon-to-be dead tree and then expecting everyone to understand that we didn't have the money to get THEM something. If it were just us this Christmas, it'd be a no-brainer... but I'm having a really hard time not having a tree up for Aidan's first Christmas, nowhere to put the ornaments people have gotten for him, etc. *sigh*

Queen of Poop
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Yes, I do. I usually buy a little something and put it under the tree To: Mommy From Sasha, Sebastian and Miko (border collie and ferrets). In fact, this year this trio has gotten their mommy a very nice bracelet.

chocolatepuppy
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Any excuse I can find to buy something I want, I use. It can be Christmas, my birthday, the sun's shining, etc... ;)

MariaM
12-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Nah, I don't. Infact I do the opposite, I guess. I usually don't buy myself anything around Christmas time incase people have gotten it for me.

Glacier
12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Sort of. Stuart doesn't shop and he doesn't "do" Christmas. So I take his credit card and buy myself something from him! This year he is buying me Season 4 of 24 on DVD. I'd prefer if he actually went shopping, but we've been together long enough that I know that will never happen. I would just be disappointed. This way he doesn't have to shop and I always get something I actually want!

Uabassoon
12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Yup. This year I bought myself Friends 10 season DVD. I mainly bought it for my trip to Texas so I can watch it on the plane. I had Alexa wrap it and put it under the tree so I won't be tempted to watch it before I head off on my trip.

kimlovescats
12-14-2005, 09:40 PM
My hubby is bad about not trusting me to get the exactly right thing ... he wants computer and game things. So... it has now gotten to the point where we both buy our own gifts, and wait until Christmas to enjoy them! We usually still buy a few little things to surprise eachother too though! ;)

grybai
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I don't usually buy myself a real gift before Christmas, but I like to hit the sales after!

CathyBogart
12-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Absolutely! Any excuse to spoil myself a little bit! (okay, maybe I'm a little self-centered, but I don't think that's a completely bad thing) This year I got myself a beautiful long satin jacket with faux fur trim. It turns heads everywhere, and I feel beautiful in it!

jenluckenbach
12-15-2005, 05:26 AM
This year I will be buying (ringworm) medicines for my cats with any money I get for Christmas. To me, that will be present enough.

wolfie
12-15-2005, 12:23 PM
No.

I buy myself cd's and clothes and things occasionally year round. But Christmas isn't an more special.

crazy_caique
12-15-2005, 02:19 PM
No
I am like Wolfie.

lv4dogs
12-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Why of course I do.
I haven't had anyone in my life diring x-mas time for the last few years & our family doesn't buy for adults (just kids) so I don't get any x-mas presents from anyone anymore.
If I did have a b/f &/or my family bought for the adults too I probably wouldn't.

I was going to buy myself a new home computer (mine died a while ago) but I ended up spending a LOT on Chaos's vet bills, health care & the such that I am completely broke right now. I did by myself a new pair of pants though.