PDA

View Full Version : I'm always sick..

slleipnir
12-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Well..I'm sick AGAIN. I use to only get sick like once or twice a year..not it seems to be every few months I'm sick. I think this is the 3rd time since summer...It doesn't seem right to me... Anyone have any ideas as to why I am sick so much??

luvofallhorses
12-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't know, I hope you feel better soon! You should go for a check-up just incase.

CagneyDog
12-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Aw, that sucks. You probably just have a low immune system.

slleipnir
12-13-2005, 10:45 PM
How do I raise my immune system, then??

tz1
12-13-2005, 10:49 PM
exercise, good nutrition, and at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night. That is my trick and i never get sick, haven't gotten sick for years...

if you drink or smoke, those also lower your immune system, so quit if possible. oh, and stress also effects your immune system. so if you're really stressed out try to fix that someway :)

Husky_mom
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
i´ve been kinda following your illness, since i said before, my kid also got sick and hes been in and out for a long while, mostly in than out, and the doc said it was allergies, which is weird since we havent changed anything, except climate but this is his first time for a long sickness, it really sucks that when i think finally hes through it he gets it back (mostly stuffy nose and cough, but i just had enough, as well as he)

i really hope you get better, i kinda sympathize, take a rest

slleipnir
12-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I probably don't eat enough veggies....Would taking a vitamin pill work the same way??

Craftlady
12-13-2005, 10:59 PM
I probably don't eat enough veggies....Would taking a vitamin pill work the same way??

It will help to take a muti vitamin.

vinjashira
12-14-2005, 05:29 AM
don't worry to much - do you know that the average grown up has flu 6 times a year?

christa
12-14-2005, 07:33 AM
AIRBORNE!

Go get some . . . take it and your cold will go away.

Then, next time you feel like you're getting sick, take it again and you'll wake up the next day completely well (you just have to get it at the very first sign)

I PROMISE IT WORKS! I live on this stuff!

And in the meantime, yes, you do need to eat healthy, take a multi vitamine at the very least and get plenty of sleep.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Seriously, try the Airborne!!! IT WORKS!

christa
12-14-2005, 07:34 AM
don't worry to much - do you know that the average grown up has flu 6 times a year?

Where in the world did you hear that? That's crazy!

Do you mean the "flu" or just a common cold???

Logan
12-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Audrey, you ought to see your doctor to get a complete physical, then talk with him/her about what's happening and get some suggestions. I do not take the best care of myself, but I have been lucky and haven't really been sick in a long, long time.
I hope you will be feeling better soon!
Logan

Cookiebaker
12-14-2005, 07:58 AM
I hope you feel better soon, Audrey!

Also, don't forget to wash your hands --constantly! Every time you touch money, public door knobs, or anything like that. And drink lots of water!!!

poofy
12-14-2005, 09:34 AM
I hope you find the key to staying well more and the advice given above is always good to follow, I take those handy wipes in the car and even wipe the cart handles inthe stores..you never know what your going to pick up as for germs..good luck :)

joanofark
12-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Funny, I'm sick also. This is my 2nd time since summer... And I'm already getting a little better after 2 days! I've beed drinking a lot of orange juice because that has a lot of Vitaim C's :)

Get Better soon!!

carole
12-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Audrey if you really feel you are getting sick too often i would go see my GP and have a chat also enquire about getting some blood works done, then if everything is fine which i hope it is, then you just need to make sure you eat well, get plenty of rest, exercise and maybe a multi vitamin will help or a tonic, sorry to hear you are feeling miserable, being sick sucks doesn't it? HUGS.

Queen of Poop
12-14-2005, 02:00 PM
A check up with the doctor would be a good place to start. Have you been on antibiotics? They tend to lower your immune system and you end up sick again shortly after having taken them. In Canada here we have something called Cold FX. It is amazing, take as directed it can sure shorten your illness. Taken daily as described on the bottle can help keep the nasty bugs away. Lots of oranges, apples and other fruits are a good way to go too. I sure hope you are feeling better soon, no one wants to be sick in December. Best wishes.

Crikit
12-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Part of what could be making you sick Audrey is your job...as crazy as that sounds. I know that when I used to work on the floor or on cash I was constantly getting sick from all the germs from the cash and customers...but since moving into the back room I've only been really really sick once or twice a year and that usuallly happens when I've been doing to much and haven't had a chance to rest and eat right.

slleipnir
12-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Part of what could be making you sick Audrey is your job...as crazy as that sounds. I know that when I used to work on the floor or on cash I was constantly getting sick from all the germs from the cash and customers...but since moving into the back room I've only been really really sick once or twice a year and that usuallly happens when I've been doing to much and haven't had a chance to rest and eat right.

I knew that job was making me sick :rolleyes:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-15-2005, 03:21 PM
I seem to be sick a lot too. Right now I have a stuffy nose, watery eyes and a sore throat. And terrible cramps. ARGH!