PDA

View Full Version : Buddy hurt his leg today

Abby&Buddy'sMom
12-13-2005, 06:05 PM
First off , he is ok now, but boy did he scare me and my husband today. He all of a sudden starting "screaming out" in pain as he held his leg up all tucked in to his belly. He was limping and could not put no weight on it. We examined his paw for fear something might be stuck in it, but thank goodness it was ok. He relaxed a little and we offered him some tasty treats to take his mind off the paw, then he seemed to walk on it ok. We think he must have a muscle cramp (ouch!) or somehow sprained his leg,foot, or a toe. I was ready to run him to the vet and husband is like just calm down he is ok just let him relax his leg....thank goodness it worked :) I get a bit too panicky too quick somtimes i suppose ;) but he was crying out so loudly in a voice that I have never heard before.

So very glad he is OK now :) :) !!

catmandu
12-13-2005, 06:13 PM
We are glad that Buddy is all right now.I have had a Cat limp around for a while,and suddenly they are fine.
Thank God I have never had a Cat shriek in pain like that,it would have scared me,out of one of my 9 Lives.

momcat
12-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Poor Buddy! I'm very relieved to hear that he's okay now, never underestimate the healing power of tasty treats served up with lots of love and attention. Hope you're feeling better now, too!

kilbarchancats
12-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Glad to hear Buddy is okay after that. I too would have been terrified out of my mind to hear a cat in pain like that, hopefully I never do. Take care of yourself sweet man, better rest that paw now.

orangemm
12-14-2005, 04:31 AM
Isn't that the most frightening sound? One that makes me drop everything and go running. I'm so glad Buddy is OK. Maybe it was a cramp, those things do make you want to shriek! :eek:

kimlovescats
12-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Poor Buddy ... wonder what happened? Well, I am glad he is OK now. Give that pawsie a kiss for me, please! ;)

rosethecopycat
12-14-2005, 07:56 AM
I know that Meezer scream you are talking about.
So glad that he's ok.

smokey the elder
12-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Poor Buddy. I'm paranoid about limping cats ever since Smokey the Elder had cancer in her knee. I'm glad Buddy is better.