PDA

View Full Version : Sim scared me.

Kfamr
04-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Today my mom took the ham bone from easter and boiled it to get all the ham off and made bean soup out of it. I was giving Simba one of the boes and his tooth go stuck in it. I FREAKED. Seeing many dogs on Animal Planit having their teeth stuck in things such as bone and balls and having to get sugery. When i got it off i imediatly threw it away. It was so scary:( I sat back down with him and hugged him and kissed him. Im so glad hes ok and it was nothing serious.

LoudLou
04-03-2002, 07:40 PM
:eek: :eek: OOOOH, KayAnn how scary!
Louie doesn't get real bones. No matter how ya cook 'em and even if ya don't, he manages to get hurt or makes them splinter. Doesn't even matter what size it is. :rolleyes: ... So, no "Real" bones for Louie. He had them when he was teething but as he got bigger we had to switch to Booda Velvets.

Loves to Simba.So glad he's OK. :D

delidog
04-03-2002, 07:59 PM
glad that precious simba is alright.....i've seen those same programs on animal planet....it would scare me too.....
but i agree with our friend louie....no real bonies...they splinter too easily!!! and check with your vet on which store bought bonies are o.k....some have been known to do the same as real bones...

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2002, 08:04 PM
How scary!!! I am so glad Simba is okay!

Cincy scared me last night. She had been chewing on a bone I got her at the Pet store and her rawhide. Both girls were relaxed and playing nice, nothing big. I took their toys away and we went to bed around 11pm. Cincy started coughing, so I turned on the light to check on her and she was licking furiously...a sure sign she is about to vomit. I quickly got her to the kitchen and sure enough she did...about 8 times! Ralph wasn't home and she wouldn't stop and I didn't knowif she was choking or had eaten something really bad, or what was going on. I called Ralph and he came home and she seemed to be doing better. He gave her a saltine to settle her stomach and she started getting sick again! Once she got that out, and with a call to a 24 hr vet clinic, I told him not to get her anything else. She was fine after that and has been fine ever since, but for about an hour there I was going nuts!! And of course Sadie, wouldn't leave my side, totally in tune with how upset I was, kept giving me kisses.

ramanth
04-03-2002, 08:15 PM
EEK!!! :eek:

How scary!! Kay Ann, I'm so glad Sim is okay. It's that very reason that I'm afraid to give a real bone to Kia.

Give that adorable pooch a big kiss for me for being so brave.

So... do you have any gray hairs now? ;)

Kfamr
04-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

So... do you have any gray hairs now? ;)

LOL.. speaking of hair i just got mine cut today!

and i just got back from the store buying Simba some beggin strips.. he loves thoose things he goes crazy for them!:D

anna_66
04-03-2002, 09:20 PM
I used to give Angus the "real" bones from the pet stores, but he got it caught in his throat, so now, our teacher told us raw bones are ok, but no cooked bones.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-04-2002, 06:29 AM
No bones for Drake, either! I am terrified that he will splinter them. He gets a knuckle to chew on and always gets meat (even though I am a vegetarian).

Gio
04-04-2002, 06:36 AM
I'm glad Simba is OK!

Dixieland Dancer
04-04-2002, 07:35 AM
We are glad Simba is okay!

I give Dixie and Dusty an occassional Smoked Knuckle Beef bone. I don't like to give them any other type of meat bones though. Mostly what they chew on though are the Nylabones (the super hard ones since they are both aggressive chewers).

jennifert
04-04-2002, 08:45 AM
I'm so glad Simba is OK. And Cincy! What a scare you two must have had! I get that awful feeling in my stomach that you two must have had by just reading your posts.

I can't give Duncan anything out of the ordinary anymore. And he doesnt' like the Nylabones? :confused: Everything seems to upset his sensitve belly! So no bones, no rawhide, no treats....:(

Don't tell him that though! Not that he'll ever give up hope...

aly
04-04-2002, 11:38 AM
Thank goodness Simba and Cincy are okay!! No bones of any kind for my dogs either. I won't even give them rawhide. They love dentabones though so thats what they get to chew on.

LoudLou
04-04-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jennifert
...I can't give Duncan anything out of the ordinary anymore. And he doesnt' like the Nylabones? :confused: Everything seems to upset his sensitve belly! So no bones, no rawhide, no treats....:(

Have you ever tried Booda Velvets? They are cornstarch based and will dissolve in the tummy much faster than nylabones or anything. We had to switch Louie from Nylabones to Booda Velvets, because he ate a Nylabone over his 1st Easter andit was VERY SCARY. So, all he gets to chew on now are his Kong and Booda's.

momoffuzzyfaces
04-04-2002, 01:14 PM
GOSH, SO GLAD SIMBA IS OK!
I know how frightened you must have been. That happended to one of our dogs once. The hole in the bone slipped down over his bottom teeth. We were lucky to get it off. No more bones for him either.
Please give Simba a hug from me.

04-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Yuck KayAnn!!! I'm glad you got it off. Real bones scare me too. I am always afraid of splinters. Lexi has never gotten one and never will. I am really glad he is okay:) I dread what would happen to YOU if something happend to Sim Sim!!