PDA

View Full Version : More gift suggestions, please

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm having the toughest time getting something for my hubby. He's very spoiled (by me :o ) so now I've created a monster that's impossible to shop for.

A little background as to what he likes and what he has might be helpful, so here goes.

For our anniversary, I got him a PSP. He took it upon himself to get a big memory card for it, so now that's out. He said he doesn't really want any games, to save that for his b-day in Feb. He doesn't really watch movies on it, and I might be able to use those as stocking stuffers.

He loves jewerly. I was considering getting him a 2 ct. diamond ring that he's been eyeing, but he's got a lot bling bling already, but its still an option. His white gold collection is kind of slim so I can go that route.

He's a big sports fan. He loves jerseys, but again, he's got a ton. 10-15 if I were to give you a number off the top of my head.

I also thought about getting him a flat panel computer monitor, but I wouldn't know what to do with the monitor we already have. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just not flat.

He also bought himself a humongus LCD tv, so that's out.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Husky_mom
12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
sorry i canīt help you here, but you just described my hubby too!! so hard

i might get a shot with a perfume, since heīs running low but i cant be sure, he might as well buy one in advance.

the psp, tv, jewelry thing also applies to him, i just freaked!! two of a kind!!

and his bday is in........February!!! :eek:
iīll try figure something out and come back to share ;)

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I forgot to mention that he bought himself some cologne the other day, so that's out too! :mad:

He always shops for himself right before the holidays. :rolleyes:

caseysmom
12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
A 2 carat diamond ring... :eek: will you marry me???

You are giving him a wonderful gift in 2 weeks, what can top that?

I have a creative idea. When the baby comes your husband may feel and with good reason, he may feel neglected. Why don't you make up some coupons for a backrub, a night out just the of you, or something more adult ;)

Kfamr
12-13-2005, 01:09 PM
This may be a bit cheesy but could you maybe buy some things that him and the baby can do together, eventually? Or maybe matching/personaliazed shirts/onesie. I have an idea of where you could make/purchase one if you'd like.

christa
12-13-2005, 01:22 PM
What does he do with his PSP if he doesn't want games??? :confused:

I like the monitor idea. I don't care, if I had a choice, I'd throw the old monitor out the window. We have two computers but only 1 flat panel monitor and I hate the other! Can't wait to upgrade that one too!

Sorry I'm not more help. :) I'm getting my hubby a new handgun for Christmas. He picked it out. We've never been ones to surprise each other. We always pick out what we want. Guess that's why it's hard for me to think of something creatively, LOL.

Corinna
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Good grief you guys buy big. I bought my hubby a nice black lacy neglaigee to be modeled by me. Also a gift certifcate to a nice hotel for a weekend. added some candles and massage oil. all under 40 bucks. means more than the toys time with me alone.

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Good grief you guys buy big. I bought my hubby a nice black lacy neglaigee to be modeled by me. Also a gift certifcate to a nice hotel for a weekend. added some candles and massage oil. all under 40 bucks. means more than the toys time with me alone.

Now that's a fantastic idea! I never wear stuff like that and he's hinted at it several times.

Great ideas everyone! Please keep them coming.

I told you I spoil him!

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
A 2 carat diamond ring... :eek: will you marry me???

He lost his wedding ring a while back when he lost a lot of weight and we never really replaced it.

Kay, I would love to hear where I can get something personalized for him and the baby.

What does he do with his PSP if he doesn't wnt games???

He has games that he plays now, he just said he'd rather wait until his b-day for new ones.

kimboe
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Does he work with tools?
My boyfriend loves getting new tools to make projects (trucks) go smoothly and faster.
Hmm...a gift certificate to a massage therapists, stuff for his work.

Samantha Puppy
12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Buy him the new Black and Decker scumbuster and if he doesn't like it, you can send it to me!

Husky_mom
12-13-2005, 03:48 PM
LOL my hubby also "lost" his wedding band LOL actually his finger got stuck in a drawer and almost cut it off but it was only the ring , maybe iīll get it fixed :rolleyes:

i hate men, as far as i know, when they need something, and you are about to buy it for them, they already bought it!!

thats why i say "guys, please if you need anything wait till christmas/anniversary/birthday/special ocassion is over and if you didnīt get what you wanted THEN buy it, not before, PLEEEEASEEE!!!!"

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 03:53 PM
LOL my hubby also "lost" his wedding band LOL actually his finger got stuck in a drawer and almost cut it off but it was only the ring , maybe iīll get it fixed :rolleyes:

i hate men, as far as i know, when they need something, and you are about to buy it for them, they already bought it!!

thats why i say "guys, please if you need anything wait till christmas/anniversary/birthday/special ocassion is over and if you didnīt get what you wanted THEN buy it, not before, PLEEEEASEEE!!!!"

The more this thread progresses, the more I'm starting to think our hubbies really are two of a kind!

kuhio98
12-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Does one of his local sports teams offer a "fantasy camp"? You could check their webpages to find out. It's probably expensive, but that doesn't sound like a problem for you guys. Could be something to look into. I think it's a long weekend hanging out with them playing basketball, football, baseball or hockey or whatever. (scratching, belching and far... well you get the idea) :p

The more I read about the PT husbands, the more I realize just how different my Bobcat is. He won't touch a computer. Doesn't know what a PSP is. Wouldn't be caught dead wearing jewelry or cologne. You know what his favorite gift EVER was? Last year I got him a flashlight that doesn't need batteries. It has a handle on it that you wind up for about 3 minutes and that powers the flashlight for a few hours. Oh, it also came with an attachment that you could plug into your cell phone. That way if your cell phone was dead and you weren't near electricity (very possible if you live in Alaska), you could plug it into the flashlight and wind it some more to recharge those batteries. Bobcat promptly threw the attachment away because he refuses to have a cell phone. :eek: He's different, I tell you!

Corinna
12-14-2005, 10:03 AM
KuHio , that's the nice thing about men they are different . Mine is more of an artist and they think differently. He (as we say it is in touch with his feminae side) He can actually understand the way I'm thinking, messed up by menopause or not! He however is the biggest gadget guy I have ever known. To move last spring our son and I had 3 loads in his little dodge dakota (minus furnture) hubby spent 7 days packing and hauling his stuff in his suburban. He is also a junkie(as we call collectors of stuff really not useful).
It's a good thing for the varity of men too cause look at how we are all so different.
I'm glad mine isn't in to the sports (basket ball only and if it's the magic playing we are in business with the owners) He does like to watch the olympics with me. But could do with out them.
Now my son in law can't miss Nascar he is even going with out a phone in order to have sattilte tv to watch it. Drives my daughter nuts shes used to men being like dad.
Well way off topic but every one be glad for the differnetces .

Lobodeb
12-14-2005, 10:25 AM
[SIZE=3]Does one of his local sports teams offer a "fantasy camp"? You could check their webpages to find out. It's probably expensive, but that doesn't sound like a problem for you guys. Could be something to look into. I think it's a long weekend hanging out with them playing basketball, football, baseball or hockey or whatever. (scratching, belching and far... well you get the idea) :p
What an excellent idea! I'll look into that.

Thanks, Lisa!

As far as them being different, yes, very different. My hubby is into the gadgets, sports, cologne and nice clothes but can't work a power tool to save his life. All the power tools we own are mine! :p

Husky_mom
12-14-2005, 11:15 AM
OMG i starting to really freak out!! you know what they say about having and identical self somewhere out in the world, well, i think i just found ours!! LOL

My hubby is into the gadgets, sports, cologne and nice clothes but can't work a power tool to save his life. All the power tools we own are mine!

iīm the one that handles the tools LOL (he tries to use them but he canīt) so iīm the one that puts together toys, furniture, fixes around thing in the house LOL!!!

Corinna
12-14-2005, 01:05 PM
You to gals sound like my daughter and her hubby. He does work on cars, but thats about it. He's also one of the best smelling men I know.

Lobodeb
12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
My hubby doesn't drive, so cars are foreign to him. :rolleyes:

He does smell realllllllllllllllllly good, though. :o