PDA

View Full Version : What name?

MyLittleMutt
12-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I know I probably should wait until I get my puppy. But I wanted to get some opinions.

I am going be getting a shih tzu puppy in a few weeks. The puppy is a boy and is dark brown with a black face. He is a little ball of engery but is also very layed back.

I am open for suggestions on names also.

I think I like Gus the best but would love to hear some other ideas.

At first I thought of the name Luka, I got the name of the show ER. Now I am not sure I really like it.

Flatcoatluver
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
I would wait, I had names in mind with my dogs, but then when i meant them I knew they should be named differnt.

MyLittleMutt
12-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I know I should wait. I'm just getting some ideas. Besides I have already met him. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
12-13-2005, 12:01 PM
I like all of the names. I'm the same way, I'm always thinking of names before I get a pet, most of my pets came with names though. You'll know which name is the right name when you get him.
Gizmo is a very very common name for shih-tzus, so you may want to consider that before you name him.

crazy_caique
12-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Gus!

Miss Z
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Seeing as he's a shih tzu, he should have an oriental name, here's some ideas...

Huan : happiness
Jiao : handsome
Liang : good
Sying : star
Hope this helps!!!:)

MyLittleMutt
12-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Those are cute names. But I don't want a oriental name for him.

I really like Gus & Bennie out of all the names I have in the poll.

Miss Z
12-13-2005, 12:50 PM
OK, Kosmik was the name of a lhasa apso i used to know.... i also used to know a pekingese called Sidney.... (brain strains as i try to think of names....LOL!) .... howz about Hannibal, or Khan, just thinking of chinese historical people, i'll keep trying!!!!

Allecto
12-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I think Gus is a really cute name, I hope it fits him. I would veto Cody for sure. It's a great name, but have you been to a dog park recently? Yell out for Cody, and you'll get a third of the dogs there ;) . It is right up there with Max and Sam now.

MyLittleMutt
12-13-2005, 03:35 PM
I found another name I like Cosmo. Like that fairy from Fairly Odd Parents. :p Actually I was looking at a Shih tzu's webpage and his name was Cosmo. I kinda like it. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. But again I will have wait and see if it fits him.

As for the name Gizmo, I noticed it is pretty popular with the shih tzus also.

Suki Wingy
12-13-2005, 04:16 PM
i chose Gus because it is the least common. I had a name for Oslo when I found out what color he was. I didn't even know if I would get a boy or a girl. What can I say, I just love Norway!

.sarah
12-13-2005, 04:18 PM
At first I thought of the name Luka, I got the name of the show ER. Now I am not sure I really like it.
Awww too bad, that's my dog's name!

I voted for Gus.

MyLittleMutt
12-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Oh, I don't really have anything against the name Luka. I think it is a nice name. I'm just not sure if I want go with the name or not.

Anita Cholaine
12-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm between Gus and Luka, but if I were you, I'd would wait until you get him... It's a great thing to start thinking about the name, though....

MyLittleMutt
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I plan on waiting. I'm leaning more toward Cosmo now.

cyber-sibes
12-14-2005, 05:56 PM
*chuckles* I think "Gizmo" is just too cute!
I like Cosmo, too. We had a dog named Cosmo but my hubs spelled it Kozmo.