PDA

View Full Version : Tookie??

senorita02
12-13-2005, 09:23 AM
I was just wondering where u all stand on the death of Tookie, who thinks he should of been able to live out life in prison? And who agrees that putting him to death was the way to go??

Not trying to start a big controversy just wondering.

Myself i was glad that they gave him the death penalty, after hearing what he did and how he laughed at the 26 yr old boys gurgling noises he made while dying after he shot him at close range in the back with a shotgun.

senorita02
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know who i am talking about?
Why isnt anyone responding?

moosmom
12-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I know who you're talking. I'm glad they killed him. What makes me sick is how criminals don't find God until AFTER they're behind bars??? Then they think the whole WORLD needs to forgive them. BALONEY!!!

caseysmom
12-13-2005, 11:12 AM
I prefer to refer to him as Stanley Williams, Tookie makes him sound like a disney charachter or something.

I agree with moosmom, its easy to find god when you are locked up, and he never apologized or acknowledged his crime, I am glad the families got justice.

lizbud
12-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know who i am talking about?
Why isnt anyone responding?

I don't know to much about him other than what I've seen in the media. I
think it was a bigger deal for those living in California (the state where he
was executed). I don't think that redemption at this late date is enough
to pay for the murders he committed.I think a death sentence should mean
death.

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 11:41 AM
I agree with moosmom, its easy to find god when you are locked up, and he never apologized or acknowledged his crime, I am glad the families got justice.

One,

Actors and musicians should be seen and not "heard".

Jaime Foxx, Calvin Broadus and Mike Farrell are really funny, grandstanding for the media.

Wait until you see the autographed Tookie Bookie on Ebay.

Here's a moral question.

The Tookster shotgunned 4 people and let them to die, they woke up that day never thinking that it would be the shortest day of their lives.....

Everyone forgets that the shot his first victim twice as he lay face down in the back of a store, and laughed about it afterwards.

If he killed those people like animals why should we afford him a chance to die in a controlled manner like lethal injection.

(The state has a 43 page outline in a LI death....one of the things that made me laugh was while prepping for the intravenous line they had to clean his arm with alcohol and had to make sure that all the equipment was sterile...)

That stupid BIATCH, the co author of his "kiddie books" had the nerve to scream that "the state of California killed and innocent man"..while walking out of the chamber.

Yeah, we killed her cash cow.....the money that this AH made from those books went to a fund to keep kids from joining gangs....and I bet you dollars to donuts that SHE is the one that administrates it.

----------------------------

How can she still make money on him?

Baking...

Tookie's Cookies....They are to die for!

:rolleyes:
She hooked up with a thug and made money off of him so naturally she's gonna get an attitude.....He didn't write a word, he told stories, and she cleaned them up and made bank on them...

senorita02
12-13-2005, 11:55 AM
LOL to some of the responses, good i am glad to see we are all agreeing on this, it infuriates me when people act like he didnt deserve to die, and i heard on the radio today tid bits of people saying what a great man he was! LOL

one lady said "he is the sweetest man to ever live" or something like that.

And they also told how at his trial when he was found guilty, he stood up and shouted to the jury "i'll kill all you MotherF'ers"

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-13-2005, 12:31 PM

Oh yeah I'm sure he was!! Anyone could "act" that way while trapped behind bars.

I think it is pathetic how people are worshiping him as some saint because of a few children's books... that will never make the impact that will come close to the impact the crips are still making today.

And Snoop Dog... it was just disgusting to see he was there... supporting him I guess.... In his recent song "I keep a blue flag hangin out my backside - but only on the left side - yeah thats the crip side". And your a former gang member right Snoop?!?

The only "impact" Tookie has that will live on is the the violent gang he helped found............

With all the energy the celebrities are putting into supporting him.... they should put that energy into fighting against gang violence and innocent victems families. :mad:

senorita02
12-13-2005, 12:48 PM
So Snoop was a Crip member? (i just read that on msn) What does that song mean? sorry i just dont understand? LOL
And yes the thing that had me so angry was once again these hollwood stars came out to support him , im so sick of them trying to get involved in everything, they ought to stick to their acting singing etc.

JenBKR
12-13-2005, 12:57 PM
I haven't really kept up with it much, so I don't know a whole lot about it. I think hollywood should keep their mouths shut though, they think that people actually care about their opinions :rolleyes:

tz1
12-13-2005, 12:59 PM
who cares about this dumb thug...i am sick of hearing his stupid name and seeing his face...he killed 4 innocent people, let him get whatever is coming to him

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-13-2005, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=senorita02]So Snoop was a Crip member? (i just read that on msn) What does that song mean? sorry i just dont understand? LOL
QUOTE]

He says he is a former member - but his lyrics suggest otherwise.

the lyrics that I posted just means he keeps his blue bandana (the crips color) hanging in his back pocket of his pants so people will know who he is with.... :rolleyes:

Allecto
12-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Mr. Williams was to blame for a lot more than 4 deaths. The sickening thing is that many of his supporters and him were not trying to get clemency, but a complete pardon without prejudice. He and many of his supporters still expected for him to be set free, not just allowed life in prison. Given the choice between life as a free man and death, I am glad the Governator finally made a right choice!

JenBKR
12-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I heard someone on tv saying that it's a race issue, and he was being executed for being black. :confused: HELLO? I may not have followed the whole thing much, but I at least understood what it was about!

Allecto
12-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I heard someone on tv saying that it's a race issue, and he was being executed for being black. :confused: HELLO? I may not have followed the whole thing much, but I at least understood what it was about!
You see, in Cali, getting a 'celebrity' to play the race card for you will usually get you out of a whole lot of trouble. Our higher-ups would rather make monstrous, humiliating blunders than risk looking un-pc for a moment.

Corinna
12-13-2005, 01:25 PM
I won't get started on the whole subject but lets just say Richard's response was mild compared to my thoughts. Needless to say I agree with all of you here so far.

senorita02
12-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Im sure everyones sick of hearing about it but i also heard on the radio this morning that Tookie (whatever his stupid name is) was upset after his trial because one of the African American Jurors who found him guilty did not look black according to Tookie, and wanted them to retry him with a different juror, as if it mattered what color the juror was, they found out the juror was from the Phillipines and Tookies insisted he was not black even though he was, and now the juror is deceased (since it was in 1979) and sure enough on his death certificate it states him as African American.
I am tired of hearing it was a race issue too, im pretty sure it doesnt matter what color you are what matters is your a murderer. :rolleyes:

As if, if the juror was African American (To his standards) he was going to suddenly excuse Tookie and find him innocent, LOL

CathyBogart
12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
You see, in Cali, getting a 'celebrity' to play the race card for you will usually get you out of a whole lot of trouble. Our higher-ups would rather make monstrous, humiliating blunders than risk looking un-pc for a moment.

*Laugh* That is so true.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
He did the crimes knowing the death penalty could be carried out. As it was, he had 26 years more on earth than the ones he killed.

We would have prisons full of "reformed" thugs and murderers if he had gotten off; all trying to get off too. Anyone can be an angel if it will get their butt out of trouble! :(

Allecto
12-13-2005, 01:32 PM
His supporters still claim it was an all-white jury, Senorita. A lot of the propaganda they buried Californians with was spreading the lie that somehow if Tookie died, then it would make it legal to keep minorities off of juries just because of race. Like that even makes sense... but a lot of people bought in to it.

The most disgusting thing for me was that the founder of the frigging CRIPS went to his grave insisting he was guiltless of any crimes, and wholly unapologetic for the lives he took and the uncounted families his gang destroyed.

JenBKR
12-13-2005, 01:32 PM

Ah, I see :rolleyes: Well, I'm glad that they didn't win this time, although I am not entirely sure where I stand on the death penalty...

senorita02
12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Well i heard this morning in the radio that yes there was a black juror but Tookie didnt think he looked black so he wasn't buying, LOL
Im Armenian and you would never guess it by just looking at me.
And again i dont understand why race is an issue when u are a juror, its about evidence not what color or Nationality you are. Shouldnt we all believe in the same right or wrong??

JenBKR
12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Had it been a white person, with an all black jury, it would not have been an issue of race. He was guilty, race has nothing to do with it.

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Listen to the story about who he dedicated one of his books to..
Some idiot who was going to trial, and on the day of the hearing his brother breaks into court with a machine gun to try and free him.

A lawyer is paralyzed from a cop bullet during the shoot out and the judge in the trial is killed with a blast from a shot gun taped to his head. The brother was killed later on.

The original idiot was later killed in San Quentin during one of the worst days of prison violence in their history.....3 guards and three inmates died that day.

If you are that repentant, why acknowledge another moron in a book you 'wrote' to end violence????

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
And again i dont understand why race is an issue when u are a juror, its about evidence not what color or Nationality you are. Shouldnt we all believe in the same right or wrong??

Actually, race does matter in a jury. I work for a litigation consulting company with a bunch of Ph.D.s who study this kind of stuff, juries specifically. We do mock trials all over the country on actual cases.

Theoretically, if there were more black people on the jury, they more than likely would have sided with "Tookie." You would be surprised at how people of certain races will dismiss evidence and come up with the most bogus excuses. Race, education, occupation, age, etc. all play a roll. Tookie should have had his lawyer pick a better jury with more black people on it.

I'm not really sure I know where I stand on capital punishment, but I do know that his victims didn't get a second chance, so why should he. I'm just glad I wasn't the one who was a) affected by his crime or b) the one who ultimately had to decide his fate.

senorita02
12-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Well if more black people on his jury would of set him free, what does that say? that is ridiculous so since u are the same color you dismiss a murderer? I guess that is what racism is though, and you cant exactly tell wether someone is or not.

How does anyone get a fair trial then if people are just siding with the same race they are. white or black.
All i was saying was evidence is evidence, no matter what color u are, and i guess that is why OJ is free huh?

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 02:53 PM
All i was saying was evidence is evidence, no matter what color u are, and i guess that is why OJ is free huh?
I hear you. Believe me. It's sad to watch our deliberations and the silly reasons people use to discount hard facts. I didn't say it was right, but it happens.

As for OJ, yes, his lawyers chose a damned good jury. One of the consultants I work for worked with his lawyers.

caseysmom
12-13-2005, 03:21 PM
In OJ's case his attorneys turned it into a race thing and used the black people on his jury like pawns. Other factors are counted in as well, like education level, etc.

I hope they someday execute David Westerfield, I don't know if anybody remembers his trial but he kidnapped, raped and killed a 7 year old girl. He is on death row in san quentin. Being white thankfully did not help him get out of his punishment.

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 03:24 PM
My mom had made a comment that Scott Peterson just got moved up, too.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
I actually thought he should be allowed to live. Not set free, mind you, just allowed to live.

Why you ask? I think I'm starting to change my outlook on the death penalty. Do you realize that to belong to the European Union you cannot allow the death penalty? That means the majority of European countries do not allow the death penalty. A few countries that do....North Korea, Iran, the US. Now...if I remember right....weren't North Korea and Iran part of what was dubbed "the axis of evil"? Why or why would we partake in something that is so barbaric that the majority of the civilized world outlaws it and the part of the world we think is uncivilized does it?

I'm still confused on this whole issue because I've always been for the death penalty. It's hard not to justify killing someone who performs such heinous acts, but why do we think that just because they thought they had the right to take someone's life, that that gives us the right to take their lives?

I haven't really followed the details that much on this particular case, but it sounds like he did some pretty nasty things. However, now not only have we implemented the death penalty again, we have killed someone who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize - twice, if media reports are correct. How does that look to the rest of the "civilized" world? And I know people like Bush believe we don't need the rest of the world, but I beg to differ with him on that point......

caseysmom
12-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I have heard the nobel peace prize argument also, do you know that anybody can get nominated for the nobel peace prize? That is what I have read, I never knew that before this case.

I would be interested to see the countries for and against the death penalty...I bet crime is a lot lower in Iran than in France, they may have the right idea.

JenBKR
12-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm still confused on this whole issue because I've always been for the death penalty. It's hard not to justify killing someone who performs such heinous acts, but why do we think that just because they thought they had the right to take someone's life, that that gives us the right to take their lives?

I agree with you on this...I really don't know where I stand as of now. In no way do I think he should've been set free, but I don't know as of now if I am really for or against the death penalty. I used to be for it, but I just don't know now..

caseysmom
12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Tubby and peanuts mom,
I just did some quick internet searches, your right in fact the U.S. is one of the only western countries to allow the death penalty, that is interesting and something I never knew.

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 04:43 PM
:rolleyes: Pretty much anyone can be nominated for a NPP.

You just have to have a degree or office to make the nomination.

Iran and N. Korea routinely enforce the DP for speaking out against the government-trial on friday, dead on monday. For speaking out.
Run drugs in the Far East? Death.
Cheat on your hubby in the Mid East? Death.

While not the worst crimes on the planet I think getting a little something on the side, running smoke or speaking out against a rotten government should get you a little break.

Speak out against the US government? People point and laugh.
Cheat on your spouse? people point and laugh then you pay alimony!
Get caught with drugs? People point and laugh and you go to jail!
Kill someone, like an animal? People point and demand justice.

---------------------------------------------

Some of those countries have governments rooted far deeper into religion or having some bobo run the country...

You won't get a break, the time or a chance to prove you are innocent.
We gave the Tookster 26 years to worm his way outta the way and he could not do it.

---------------------------------------------
The Tookster raped other inmates, tossed caustic chemicals at the guards and was a real pain until his conversion.....

keeping him in jail was a waste of money, letting him out was a chance that no one wanted to take.....

I would have liked some of those protestors to "adopt a Tookie".

You know, take him home for a weekend, let him hang out with your kids, and the Tookster can read his books to them???

momoffuzzyfaces
12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
:rolleyes:

I would have liked some of those protestors to "adopt a Tookie".

You know, take him home for a weekend, let him hang out with your kids, and the Tookster can read his books to them???
Funny but that's just what I thought when the gal yelled at the state officials that they had killed an innocent man. Why didn't she volunteer to take care and responsibility of him? :rolleyes:

lizbud
12-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Why or why would we partake in something that is so barbaric that the majority of the civilized world outlaws it and the part of the world we think is uncivilized does it?

There are some who live amoung civilized people who do not
acknowledge our laws & by choice live as barbarians.They will take
your life on a bet.I believe those who are a threat to life & limb of
the majority of law abiding people should pay the price for their crimes.

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 05:54 PM
I am going to make a statement that may not convince anyone that the DP is needed, but I will try to make a point why it's sometimes necessary to clean out the gene pool.

You asked what give us the right to clean the scum from the bottom of our gene pool?

It's to protect the people who swim in that same pool, who, by some chance, come into contact with that scum, slip, smash their heads into the
pool deck and drown.

We can blame the swimmer, but it eventually comes down to the "lifeguards"
poolside.

We depend on them to watch us, care for us and make sure the pool is safe.

They might be able to keep the pool clean for a while, but rest assured, that scum is always gonna be there.
----------------------------------------------

My personal favorite is Richard "night stalker" Ramirez. He killed 14 people, one murder took place just up the street from my house and he used my name as an alias. (told you I live an interesting life!)

This scum would kill the men in the house, then brutalize the women. There are a few books written about this joker.....buy one or two and decide if you would like someone like this to live another minute on this earth.

While the Tookster "only" shot 4 people, Senor Ramirez, killed, raped, mutilated --then used his victim's blood to leave messages on the walls.

"Killer" is a catch all phrase, as is "serial killer". It tells you all that there is to know......without giving you a total to the damage they have caused.

Killing one person is bad. Four incredibly horrendous and 14????

Insert your own adjective there.

I almost have pity for a drunk driver that goes out and kills someone in an accident. They don't plan the end of their day in that fashion.

to pick up a 12 gauge shotgun and look for trouble or to break into homes and slaughter people, while they sleep is way out there.

No mercy for the AH who kills 4 and not one thought about the AH that kills 14.

moosmom
12-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Office??? Did someone say Office?? Well, does this count??

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/office.jpg

Well :confused: :confused: You DID say "Office" didn't you?? Well, here's mine. Now nominate me, damn it!! ;)

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Office??? Did someone say Office?? Well, does this count??

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/office.jpg

Well :confused: :confused: You DID say "Office" didn't you?? Well, here's mine. Now nominate me, damn it!! ;)

Damn,

Now I gotta write a letter..... :p ;)

---------------------------

Liz,

Oh oh.....are we close to agreeing? :eek: ;)

Lady's Human
12-13-2005, 06:19 PM
From Wikipedia:

The nomination and selection process

Each year there are 100 to 250 nominees for each prize. Although anyone can be nominated, not everyone can nominate someone for a Nobel Prize. For example the website of the Nobel Foundation says that in the case of the peace prize the following people may nominate:

* Members of national assemblies and governments of states
* Members of international courts
* University rectors
* Professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology
* Directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
* Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
* Board members of organisations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
* Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee
* Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute

Similar requirements are in place for the other prizes. However, unlike many other awards, the Nobel Prize nominees are never publicly announced, and they are not supposed to be told that they were ever considered for the prize. These records are sealed for 50 years to avoid turning the awarding of the prize into a popularity contest.

What surprises me is that no one is supposed to know that you've been nominated. In other words, someone nominated dirtbag, then publicized the nomination in violation of the rules, and used the ensuing media circus to promote dirtbag's cause.

While on the subject of tookies, why is it that the only people I've ever heard of with the nickname "tookie" have been felons? Tookie Amirault, a noted child sex offender in Mass, and Tookie williams?

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
While on the subject of tookies, why is it that the only people I've ever heard of with the nickname "tookie" have been felons? Tookie Amirault, a noted child sex offender in Mass, and Tookie williams?

Hmmmm,

That's the way the Tookie crumbles??? :confused:

LOLOLOL,

I can see the NPP committee getting an envelope addressed to them in crayon.....You'd have to announce something like that right off the bat....it's too funny to keep a secret.
------------------------------

Seriously,

How was the story treated across the ponds???

senorita02
12-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Richard i know very well who Richard Ramirez is and that is terrifying to know that monster lived down the street from you! :eek:

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Richard i know very well who Richard Ramirez is and that is terrifying to know that monster lived down the street from you! :eek:
It's a long story. He didn't live down the street! But one of his last crimes happened in Sun Valley, a town a few miles down the way.

The night before his capture I was on a date. We walked into my apartment and flipped on the TV, the announcer started in about the PD releasing his name......Ramirez, then they gave out his aliases.....Richard this, that and then my name...... :eek:

I looked at my date, changed the channel and got the same thing.
My date looked at me and left. I spent the night on the couch waiting for SWAT to crash thru the door....I was laying there with my Lhasa Apso..the PD wouldn't kill a dog lover, would they?

Nothing happened, so I went to the door to get my Los Angeles Times and there on the right hand column just above the fold is Ramirez' pic and my name among the other 3 he used as an alias. :D :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

I have since been seen in the "letters to the editor" pages and do not feel any desire to be front page news anymore! :eek:

senorita02
12-13-2005, 07:33 PM
OMG thats crazy!
Pretty funny you think they wouldnt kill a dog lover LOL :D

KYS
12-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Tubby & Peanut's Mom: However, now not only have we implemented the death penalty again, we have killed someone who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize - >>>>>>>>>>>

I believe Adolf Hitler was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Allecto
12-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Tookie Williams was CONVICTED of killing only 4 people. Anyone who believes he only killed 4 is, IMO, a bit naive.

And Tookie's supporters, like Tookie, were not trying to get him off the death penalty hook. They wanted a complete pardon, and for him to live his life as a free man. I would rather see him dead. That may be bloodthirsty, but too bad.

And while he went to his grave protesting his complete and utter innocence, at his trail (amid his growling, long minutes of boisterous laughter, and other hideous remarks) he loudly told victim's family members and the prosecutors things like "You should have heard the noise he made when I shot him!" (insert more hysterical laughter here). I'm sorry, but children's books do not make up for Tookie's crimes.

G.P.girl
12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
i don think they should have killed him. even though he did kill 4 people and he obviously isnt accepting responsibility or showing any remorse for it. right now he is doing more good alive than he is dead. while his childrens books may seem useless and dumb to you, they have kept hundreds of kids off the streets and from joining gangs. and thats wht we need isnt it? i'm not saying he should be let out of jail or given a reduced sentence or any kind of lesser punishment, he should have been kept in jail. but what good is he doing us now? and this just goes to show kids that even if you do screw up and then start doing better...well, you're gonna die anyway.

Allecto
12-15-2005, 02:42 AM
i don think they should have killed him. even though he did kill 4 people and he obviously isnt accepting responsibility or showing any remorse for it. right now he is doing more good alive than he is dead. while his childrens books may seem useless and dumb to you, they have kept hundreds of kids off the streets and from joining gangs. and thats wht we need isnt it? i'm not saying he should be let out of jail or given a reduced sentence or any kind of lesser punishment, he should have been kept in jail. but what good is he doing us now? and this just goes to show kids that even if you do screw up and then start doing better...well, you're gonna die anyway.

I think he was keeping a lot less kids out of gangs than his gang was drawing in to them. And his message to kids was that you can commit heinous crimes and then go to your grave refusing to accept personal responsability for the lives you shattered. That you can taunt the survivors of your victims and brag of your crimes to friends, and then find God but never find it in you to apologize or express any remorse at all. He worked to try to form and maintain a gang and gang connections while he was still on death row, so there was no way he'd given up on gang life, and he really didn't try to make people believe he had. He refused to give up any active Crips, people he knew that were out there still murdering and recruiting young people. He continued to protect them. His own son has murdered for the Crips. Besides, those children's books... they're actually written by a WOMAN who was just 'inspired' to milk this cash cow after corresponding with Williams. No one even really knew that he had founded the Crips until he began to aggressively use the fact to publicize himself from prison. His Nobel Peace Prize nomination was pretty widely acknowledged to have originally been really nothing more than a publicity stunt to draw attention to the death penalty by its opponents, but then uninformed people took it and ran with it and bought into Tookie's alternate reality.
And as for that last part... if Tookie's death were to teach kids that you can't go on killing sprees, be a robber, be a drug addict, terrorize those weaker than you, and devote yourself to a gang for your whole entire life and just 'make it up' to society later without facing the punishment you KNEW you'd face if you were caught, well... I'm just not seeing where that is some big tragedy. Sorry, kids, but if you are a serial killer, and then start doing better, G.P. Girl is right, your butt is still gonna get nailed to the wall. Your actions have consequences, and being good later doesn't mean you can escape them. That is something most young people need to learn. If his death were able to teach them that, like you suggest, then I'd say he's doing us a whole hell of a lot more good dead than he ever did alive.

senorita02
12-15-2005, 07:31 AM
I agree Allecto, the only thing that keeping him alive was going to teach was that you can commit murder or any other crime and then change your tune after your caught and not have to pay for it...I think the message needs to get out in this world that you and only you are held accountable for your actions, maybe if these criminals see that if you commit murder then you get the death penalty they will think twice about it... instead of thinking oh well if i decide later on that im sorry they will not punish me to the full extent, and yes i think Tookie is a lot better off for this world dead.

Im sick of hearing on the news, radio etc how he is some sort of hero and what good he was doing for society , he was a monster and thats that.

G.P.girl
12-15-2005, 11:06 AM
He is definatly not a hero and i'm sure he has killed way for than just four people (whether directly or indirectly) but the point is he is doing some good now. which is more than other people are doing. even if he's just keeping every 1 out of 10 kids that would normally have joined a gang out, he is a doing good and until we can do the same, i dont think its right to kill him. i dont think people should have glorified him so much, but i think our country is to focused on revenge when we could be using something to help our society. i'm ure i would feel differently if i were one of the victims families, but then that would be personal bias and thats a whole other topic...

senorita02
12-15-2005, 11:39 AM
GP Girl im not trying to fight you on this :) , just wondering where is this evidence that he has kept so many kids out of gangs that all his supporters are claiming? (Not calling you a supporter) How does anyone know he has kept anyone from getting involved in a gang? And how is he even doing this ? By writing a childrens book? LOL :D

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Books do not keep kids out of gangs.

It's more complicated then that, It's enviroment, home, family and education.

PARENTS make the most difference.

-----------------------

If some of those kids had a good parental/familial base there would be a nudge in the direction of education.

When you have a good education you don't have to worry about falling into the gang world. As it was, the Tookster wasn't anywhere near the point of being an educated person. He wasn't too smart to start off with- his admission to being the co-founder of a street gang didn't win him any points-

I think that he had a chance to totally distance himself from the gang angle..

He didn't denounce it and by NOT doing that he just distanced himself from us living beings on the planet.

I wouldn't even bury him-why disgrace sacred ground?

senorita02
12-15-2005, 01:08 PM
First off the "Tookster" sounds so funny :D

Oh and i was laughing at childrens book saving the youth from gangs, im pretty sure that that so called childrens book he claims to have written did not keep anyone off the streets of gang life, thats why i wanted evidence of someone who came out and said Tookie kept them from joining a gang,,,

i have to tell u this though i was listening to the radio this morning and there still talking about it and this black lady called up and was mad that Tookies was sent to death then went on to talk about how wonderful he was for society and children, then the host asked what about how he refused to applogize to the families and she actually said that it was the families problem becuase they needed to learn forgiveness and that Tookie cannot be held accountable for something he did 25 yrs ago,,,i guess after a certain amount of time u no longer are held accountable for your actions, LOL Isnt that nice? haha

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
i have to tell u this though i was listening to the radio this morning and there still talking about it and this black lady called up and was mad that Tookies was sent to death then went on to talk about how wonderful he was for society and children, then the host asked what about how he refused to applogize to the families and she actually said that it was the families problem becuase they needed to learn forgiveness and that Tookie cannot be held accountable for something he did 25 yrs ago,,,i guess after a certain amount of time u no longer are held accountable for your actions, LOL Isnt that nice? haha

The scariest part about that is these people can vote and dial a phone.

Stupid is genetic too!

Lobodeb
12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
... then the host asked what about how he refused to applogize to the families and she actually said that it was the families problem becuase they needed to learn forgiveness and that Tookie cannot be held accountable for something he did 25 yrs ago,,,i guess after a certain amount of time u no longer are held accountable for your actions, LOL Isnt that nice? haha

This is why Tookie would have wanted more black people on his jury and what I was talking about earlier in my post about how juries think. :rolleyes:

lady_zana
12-19-2005, 08:50 AM

And lots of people said that about Ted Bundy too.... :eek:

senorita02
12-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Your right Lady Zana, i find it amazing and disgusting all at once how people are so fascinated by serial killers that they want to marry them and send them fan mail. Like suddenly there superheros, and didnt just murder, rape, kill and chop up there victims! :rolleyes:

moosmom
12-19-2005, 01:21 PM
What really tees me off is how the media tries to glamorize these criminals. I've watched "Headliners and Legends" on tv and I've seen stories of Jeffery Dahlmer, Betty Broderick, Bambi Bambenick, Charles Manson!! :eek: Makes me sick!! :mad: Let these crimes remain in our history books to learn from, but for God's sake, don't memorialize them!!! It's feeding into their heinious crimes and sick minds!!

senorita02
12-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Headliners and Legends certainly should not be the heading for those kind of storys. I watch American Justice and Court Tv. Is that show on the same channel?? Or is it a special channel like Discovery?

Vette
12-21-2005, 06:02 AM
My whole family think he got what he desuved.

RICHARD
12-21-2005, 11:15 AM
The funniest thing about his "service" yesterday was the clowns in attendance.

Jesse Jackson, The nation of Islam twit and TONY ROBBINS????? WTF x 4??
Also idiots with t-shirts...crips go to heaven and crips don't die, they multiply...

senorita02
12-21-2005, 11:51 AM
WHAT????? are you serious? Crips go to heaven and the other one too?

RICHARD
12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
WHAT????? are you serious? Crips go to heaven and the other one too?

As sure as I am sitting here.....

Doug Mcintyre, from KABC RADIO 790 sent one of the guys on his show to the event...Some of the stuff they recorded was a hoot....

One of the people that spoke at the service was a woman who said the the judicial system and scientists had alot in common, they both depended on rats to get results. (Tookie was ratted out for his crimes.)

After the service she walked up to a cop and asked him for and escort to her car......Why was she afraid?

Didn't the Tookster bring people together by preaching non violence?

--------------------------

Another thing that happened was a group of gang bangers marched thru the crowd throwing gangs signs......

The scariest part about it???

I know the hand/gang sign for the gang!!! :eek: :o :confused: :(

Van10
12-22-2005, 09:18 AM
All I can say about this is that even though he may have gotten off lightly for his crimes on earth, rest assured because JUSTICE HAS DEFINITELY BEEN SERVED in the afterlife!

JenBKR
12-22-2005, 09:21 AM
All I can say about this is that even though he may have gotten off lightly for his crimes on earth, rest assured because JUSTICE HAS DEFINITELY BEEN SERVED in the afterlife!

Amen to that! He will have to answer for what he did now.