PDA

View Full Version : Question about Built In Microwaves

christa
12-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Does anyone else have a built in microwave?

This is our first winter in our new house and our first winter with a built in microwave. Seems like when it's real cold, water drips from the top of it (like from the vents) into the microwave . . . and now it's started dripping from the bottom onto the stovetop.

It's almost like it's condensation building up in the exhaust, which makes sense to me . . . but it's such a hassle.

Anyone else have problems like this???

Daisy and Delilah
12-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Christa, I have a built in microwave but it's never dripped before. I'll be anxious to hear from some others about this. I'm wondering if this is something I should be looking out for too. I hope it's nothing to worry about. That would be pretty irritating for sure.

Jessika
12-13-2005, 09:23 AM
We've had built-in microwaves nearly my entire life, and nothing like that has EVER happened before!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-13-2005, 09:34 AM
We have a built-in microwave, and we use it daily! Never had a single drip...!
I remember hearing our electrician say that he needed some extra space above the microwave for the ventilation!
I think you'd better have this checked, it is NOT normal at all :eek:

kuhio98
12-13-2005, 09:38 AM
We've had a built-in microwave that doubles as the exhaust vent for the stove for almost 20 years now. Never a drip at all. I'm worried about the safety of yours. :(