PDA

View Full Version : One christmas song that you're tired of hearing

davidpizzica
12-13-2005, 01:43 AM
I know you'e probably starting to get tired of christmas songs by now, but is there one particular christmas song that you can't stand to listen to any more? Mine is "Santa baby". I forget who sings it, but it seems like they play it on the radio as every other song! I hate that song. YUCK!

.sarah
12-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Marilyn Monroe sings it originally although I heard a different version on the radio today. That's my pick, too. I haaaate that song!

I'm actually not tired of Christmas songs yet. I usually pull out my CDs in October anyway :p

catnapper
12-13-2005, 06:11 AM
Ertha Kitt sang it, Madonna did the remake. I've always LOVED that song and only heard it once this year. I'll trade ya "Santa Baby" for the overly played "The Christmas Shoes". I loved the song the first 800 times I heard it... now I can't change the station fast enough.

I sure do wish the stations would switch things up! I love that they play more Christmas music than ever, but I also like hearing goofy songs and perhaps some rock - the closest thing they play with rock is Bruce Springstein's Santa Claus is Coming to Town. The stations playing "all Christmas music all the time" are making me yawn with boredom

crazy_caique
12-13-2005, 09:41 AM
I could go my the rest of life never hearing Jingle Bells again.

gemini9961
12-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Feliz Navidad, it's on right now. Annoys me just a wee bit.... :o

Samantha Puppy
12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I sure do wish the stations would switch things up! I love that they play more Christmas music than ever, but I also like hearing goofy songs and perhaps some rock - the closest thing they play with rock is Bruce Springstein's Santa Claus is Coming to Town. The stations playing "all Christmas music all the time" are making me yawn with boredomI wholeheartedly agree with you on this one! The local soft rock station started playing non-stop Christmas music on November 17th - a full week BEFORE THANKSGIVING! I was so annoyed by it, I wrote the program manager and b!tched him out. They play the same songs within hours of each other, it's ridiculous. On Sunday, Josh and I were in the car and heard "Where Are You, Christmas" (a song I hate, by the way) at 1:45pm. We did our thing and were back in the car 3 hours later... and when I started the car, the same song was playing AGAIN!! So SO annoying.

As for the one Christmas song I'm tired of hearing... I guess I'd have to go with a song whose title I don't even know. The lyrics go "It's the holiday season, so hoop-de-doo... And dickory-dock... Don't forget to hang up your sock." It's SO STUPID, although my husband and I made up alternate (dirty) lyrics to it that we sing instead so it makes it a little better. Other than that dumb song, I HATE "Feliz Navidad". How did it become so popular? All he does is repeat the same lyrics over and over and over!!!

Corinna
12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Any commercail that changes the words and uses the carol. Like the New honda one I think I will puke the next time it's on.

catnapper
12-13-2005, 02:06 PM
LOL... I was tortured in the car today. I kept switching stations, and I SWEAR "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" Played on all the stations.... I forgot about hearing that one endlessly!

Flatcoatluver
12-13-2005, 02:09 PM
the 12 days of christmas is on every station in my city and in canada!

ramanth
12-13-2005, 02:27 PM
On the weekends two local stations play only Christmas music, so I change to the third station now and then to keep me sane... or pop a CD in.

I can't think of a song I've heard a lot because I haven't been listening to hardly any X-mas moosic. :D

Allecto
12-13-2005, 03:08 PM
"Santa Baby" is the first one that popped into my mind, too! I HATE that song!

And there's some stupid song that I keep hearing about "A cup of Christmas tea". No clue who sings it, but one of my jobs has the all Christmas station on, and it seriously is making me homicidal. I'm all for the classics in moderation, but COME ON, PEOPLE!!!

petslover
12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
12 Days of Christmas is the most annoying song EVER. lol. It sounds like it will never end.

catland
12-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I don't remember the name - but it has the lyrics - "Mary's boy-child, Jesus Christ, was born on Christmas Day".

Well, DUH!!

Husky_mom
12-13-2005, 03:56 PM
actually i havent heard much of christmas songs so far, but teh ones i really like are the ones were they use like more heavy/punk/rock tones, same lyrics but more modernish.

.sarah
12-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Ertha Kitt sang it

Really? I always had the impression that it was Marilyn Monroe.

Jessika
12-13-2005, 04:27 PM
FELIZ NAVIDAD :mad: !!!

Husky_mom
12-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Jessika FELIZ NAVIDAD !!!

Ha ha ha, even i´m from mexico and this a "typical" song i HATE IT TOO!!

actually i´m not really bond to spanish music, any music, i prefer english music by far LOL

Jessika
12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
LOL the only reason it annoys me as much as it does it well its TERRIBLY overplayed first off, and secondly when I worked in daycare we could ONLY listen to the classical station (or kids CDs) and they played that song every five freaking minutes. Slight overexaggeration, but at least once an hour. UGH.

gemini9961
12-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Really? I always had the impression that it was Marilyn Monroe.

Album: A Very Special Christmas
Artist: Madonna
Year: 1987

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Baby
written by J. Javits and P. Springer
originally sung by Ertha Kitt
Time: 2:30

slick
12-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Jingle Bell Rock.....

momoffuzzyfaces
12-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Someone take the 12 Days of Christmas, PLEASE!!!!

I hate that song!!! Well, ok, dislike intently!!!! :D

What kind of presents are those anyway? Well, ok the 5 golden rings are good but drummers drumming give me a headache, I'm allergic to milk so need no maids a milking and I need no geese a laying, nor pipers piping or lords a leaping and forget a partridge in a pear tree! :D

.sarah
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Album: A Very Special Christmas
Artist: Madonna
Year: 1987

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Baby
written by J. Javits and P. Springer
originally sung by Ertha Kitt
Time: 2:30
Oh :o Thanks. :) I always went by what my mom told me.

.sarah
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
FELIZ NAVIDAD :mad: !!!
Ugggh I haaate that song so much!

Uabassoon
12-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Feliz Navidad, it's on right now. Annoys me just a wee bit.... :o

I'm with you! That is on one of our Christmas CDs at work, it drives me nuts everytime I hear it.

Karen
12-13-2005, 05:55 PM
You all would the "12 days AFTER Christmas" which starts with

The first day after Christmas
My true love and I had a fight
And so I chopped
The pear tree down
And burned it just for spite
And with a single ca-a-a-a-tridge
I shot that blasted pa-a-a-a-tridge
My true love
My true love
My true love gave to me.

I could sing you the whole thing if you wanted ...

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Fleas on my Dog
Fleas on my dog.
Fleas on my dog..........

--------------------------

I love to make up filthy verses of Christmas songs....
you just can't sing them in the supermarket.

Loudly.

With kids in the next aisle.

And laugh about them while you sing.

And laugh when the mom's give you the evil eye........

"Mom, What did that man say about Santa kissing you????"