PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on taking down a puppy mill...

Allecto
12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I have unhappily discovered a currently operating puppy mill. Any pointers folks can give me on how to get it shut down? I have been working on it, but any advice, especially from folks with experience, would be appreciated.

Hope this is the right forum to post this in...

equinelover23
12-13-2005, 05:49 AM
This is an ok forum, but I'm sure in general (also) you would get many more replies and lots of people with more information. :) Sorry, I don't have any. :o GOOD LUCK!

Jessika
12-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Contact your local ASPCA or animal control and let them know what's going on. Give them the address to the house, etc. But DO NOT go and try to do your own investigations because it can get you in more trouble.

Allecto
12-13-2005, 01:07 PM
I am not doing anything illegal right now, I definitely want to take any possible legal routes. And I won't be snooping around there too much since it is in Washington, and I am in California.

buttercup132
12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
i would actualy say to go there and bring a like tiny camera and snap some shots and show them to ur local shelter/animal control, like pretend ur interested in a puppy,also how did you find about this place, is it from a site?

Allecto
12-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Two of my sisters and I have been looking for months for dogs, and she came to my attention when she sent my sisters (who live in different cities and have different last names, so she had no way of knowing they'd compare notes) identical pictures, representing them as two entirely different dogs. I did some research because I was suspicious, and she'd previously had over 200 dogs removed from her home, her kids taken away because of the dog corpses left to rot in the house, and her and her husband were both convicted of tons of counts of animal cruelty. I called her local law enforcement, and they knew her very well, but haven't been as helpful as I would like. She just got back her legal right to own dogs not too long ago, and she is already selling at least 9 different breeds that I have seen, under 3 different kennel names.

I am working with people to try and get one of us on the property, but she is very paranoid because she knows her name is on my list and she was shut down before when she allowed a buyer to visit and HE turned her in. Also, my local shelter/animal control won't be much help because they are ridiculously unethical, also on my list (blushes... long story), and she is not local.

Allecto
12-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I am compiling a list of the agencies who went in last time and removed dogs to appeal to them for help. We'll see what that accomplishes.

buttercup132
12-13-2005, 08:06 PM
if she dosent let you back say that you will call the spca cause obviously something isnt right if shes not letting you see the parents then maybe she'd let in there im not sure or you could just threaten her with tthat

Allecto
12-14-2005, 03:09 AM
Don't think that threat would hold too much weight, since the cops have already gone knocking on her front door. They knew her very well by the way.

IRescue452
12-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Make it public. Got any bulliton boards in local grocery stores where you could put an information sheet on puppy mills and mention this place? Good that you are working on getting the previous places that were involved.

Allecto
12-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Make it public. Got any bulliton boards in local grocery stores where you could put an information sheet on puppy mills and mention this place? Good that you are working on getting the previous places that were involved.
I have some people in WA who would be willing to post things, yes. I'll have to write something up to send to them.