PDA

View Full Version : Paxil update...

Glacier
12-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Paxil saw the vet today. Not one of our usual vets, but their new clinic partner. I know her from her old clinic(also where my vets used to work before they opened their own practice). I don't know her as well as I do Kim and Rick, but I have heard only good things about her skills. Paxil seemed to like her too!

She did a needle aspiration of the lump on Paxil's ribs. It is most definately another mast cell tumor. The one I thought I felt where the last one was removed has vanished. Which could mean two things--I was freaked out and imagined it. Or it is another tumor and has shrunk. Mast cell tumors change size quite often and very quickly. They also tend to get bigger when aggravated so it may reappear after today.

Paxil is booked for a tumor removal on Friday. At first they said they couldn't get her in until December 23, but then Dr. Candace came out and said she had "ticked that thing off, it needs to go now". So she cancelled her app'ts for Friday morning and she'll be doing Paxil's surgery. She says it's in a better spot than the last one. There is enough skin around it that she will be able to take 3cm of healthy tissue on all sides. That's the treatment protocol for mast cells, but they could only take 2cm last time due to the location of the tumor. Paxil has to take benedryl for the next couple days. Apparently it will help calm the tumor down after being poked and slow down any growth.

Paxil is not acting sick at all. She was a big hit at the clinic. She's a snuggler and was very busy sucking up to all the staff!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/paxil_dec12.jpg
She even went for a run late this afternoon. I didn't want to take her but I thought it might be her last chance, so she came along for a short run. She did great. They just don't make leaders any better than Paxil! Hopefully, she'll do as well on Friday.

tz1
12-12-2005, 09:14 PM
good luck paxil! :D

cyber-sibes
12-12-2005, 09:18 PM
We'll keep Paxil in our prayers. :) (((((( hugs ))))))

finn's mom
12-12-2005, 09:20 PM
She is so beautiful. She may be my favorite. :) I'm glad to hear that they're going to fit her in. I hope everything goes well with the removal, I'll be thinking about you and her both.

RobiLee
12-12-2005, 09:21 PM
I like that the vet is going to do the surgery on Friday and that there is enough room to take the 3cm around it. I will be keeping you and Paxil in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

chocolatepuppy
12-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Good luck Friday Paxil, you will be in my prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
12-12-2005, 10:01 PM
What a good girl you are Paxil. We are encouraged that the vet is going to do everything she can to make her well. We'll be thinking of her on Friday(Mom too)and praying for a good outcome. Get well sweetie :)

Glacier
12-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks, everyone. I just found the second lump. I shaved some fur off around it so the vet can find it on Friday too without too much trouble. It's a small lump, but it's right where the last big one was and I want it gone!

luvofallhorses
12-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Good luck on Friday, sweet Paxil. I'll be praying for you!
((((hugs)))) please keep us updated.

wolf_Q
12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm glad they were able to get Paxil in sooner. I will be thinking of her on Friday! I hope they can get enough around it this time and it won't be back!

caseysmom
12-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Thank goodness you were right on top of it. Prayers for Paxil.

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2005, 12:25 AM
I'll be thinking of Paxil on friday and hoping that eveything goes well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

K9karen
12-13-2005, 12:31 AM
What a great vet! I too will be keeping your beautiful sweet girl in my prayers. Blessings on both of you.

.sarah
12-13-2005, 01:40 AM
That's good to hear that it's being removed soon and they can take out the 3cm. I hope everything goes well with the surgery. Glad to hear she got one last run in! She looks so happy in that picture!

cloverfdx
12-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Good vibes on the way for Friday Paxil {{Hugs}}. That photo is gorgeoous, i am glad to hear she got to go for a run.

Thankyou for the update.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Good luck on Friday!

gemini9961
12-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Woooo woooo Paxil. Best wishes for Friday and for a fast recovery.

tricollie4me
12-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Aw, lots of doggie hugs that Paxil has an uneventful surgery on Friday. Will you be able to bring her home that afternoon for tons of TLC?

anna_66
12-13-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm so happy to hear that she was able to go out for a small run with you:)
I do hope that everything goes well with the surgery. Good luck Paxil!

Glacier
12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Will you be able to bring him home that afternoon for tons of TLC?

Yup. I have to drop her off by 8am and she can come home anytime after 5.

tricollie4me
12-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Oops, sorry to have said "him" instead of "her!" I edited my initial message to reflect her girliness ;)

I'm so glad she'll be back where she feels safest and most loved before Friday's end.

Queen of Poop
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Good news that they can do the surgery so soon. Prayers for you and Paxil. Fingers will be crossed on Friday.

lizbud
12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm glad you got some incouraging news from the Vet about the lumps.
I'll be praying for that sweet girl Friday. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Paxil has the sweetest, most kissable face. :)

ramanth
12-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Good luck Paxil!

My Peanuts
12-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Good luck Paxil. Hopefully everything goes well.

Lobodeb
12-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Good luck, sweet Paxil! I see you won everyone over at the vet's like you did with us here at PT.

I'm glad you let her run, too. No sense in keeping her from it if she feels up to doing it.

Paws and fingers crossed, and prayers on the way!

pnance
12-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Prayers for Paxil, we'll be thinking of you Friday.