PDA

View Full Version : Cats in Bed

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Peanut has started a new thing. She has always climbed in bed with us, and will lay on her daddy's stomach. Well, he can't fall asleep that way so he moves her over (we've got that mastered so we don't disturb her:rolleyes: ) and she used to just lay where we set her down all night long. Well, now she has started climbing up on me. The funny thing is I normally sleep on my side, and she'll climb on my side - balance a little - then settle in and go to sleep. I didn't think it would be comfortable enough for her to be balanced there all night, but she'd sleep there all night if I let her. However, the need comes for me to roll over no matter how bad I don't want to disturb her. She'll take that all in stride and when I'm on the other side, she'll climb back up again. :rolleyes:

Anyone else's furbabies sleep on their (the human's) side?

yorkster
04-03-2002, 05:06 PM
That's so cute! :D
No, one of my cats just likes to sleep on my pillow (and my hair).
You should get a picture................:cool:

Edwina's Secretary
04-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Edwina has been known to sleep on my side. She loves it when I lay on my back and she can sleep on top of me. I don't. Hurts my back after a while.

Most of the time she sleeps behind my knees or if it is cold .... closer to my heart. (She seems to know not to get near my face...allergies -- mine - not hers.)

Once in a great while she will climb on me when I'm on my side. Unfortunately she is getting a little full figured for the balance required!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Tinky does that......... I think it is funny.... you would think that it would be to hard to balance up there while there sleeping ;) . I guess we have some talented kitties!!!!

PostGhosty
04-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Cleopatra does that to me too...it is a bit difficult. I feel bad when I need to move and she has to get off. Another one of her favorite positions is lying on her belly right between me and my hubby, with her head on my pillow....

Pam
04-03-2002, 05:57 PM
My cats tend to plop right on my legs and I of course hesitate to move so they aren't disturbed! :rolleyes:

wayne0214
04-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Snow cat, my flame-point Siamese, loves to sleep on top of me, whenever I let him. But like it has been stated, an 8lb cat on top of me, whether it be on my side or on my back is too much to put up with. So, when I turn over off he goes! Now, he does not attempt to sleep that way because he knows that he will be "tossed off" . However, all of my bed-time furkids are welcome to sleep at my side or around my legs, which is what most of them do anyway, especially if is cold in the house.

.................wayne:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-04-2002, 12:45 AM
My cat Storm likes to cuddle in my arm when I'm on my back or lie beside me when I'm on my side. Sunny curls up next to my legs or my stomach especially when it's cold. Pepper has to be facing me and he likes to knead my neck or chest .;)

Lachesis
04-04-2002, 01:11 AM
All 3 cats like to sleep on dh and me :rolleyes: Mostly dh tho :D he has a scarf on almost nightly :D

Former User
04-04-2002, 01:16 AM
When I'm having a nap on the couch, I usually lay on my side. Casper likes to come and lay on top of me then. I can't stay on my side too long, Casper is pretty heavy...When Kitty comes to the couch with me, we usually end up cuddling together. My husband took a pic of us while both of us where sound asleep....

LoudLou
04-04-2002, 02:07 AM
The Beans sleep with us. Mocha MUST be under the covers (And not at the same time as her brother Bonzo:rolleyes: ) or between Daddy's feet. Bonzo is a Mama's Boy and like to sleep on my chest or in my armpit..... I found some more "Kitty Haiku" so this ones from Boo:

I want to be close
to you. Can I fit my head
inside your armpit?

Niina- You two are too cute. Kitty looks as if she's a Mama's Girl. She looks SO sweet with her head on her pillow.:D

PostGhosty
04-04-2002, 07:49 AM
Here's a picture my hubby took of cleo sleeping on me with my 3yo son's "blankie"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Those pictures are cute! Unfortunately I'm the picture taker in the house, and it's hard to get a picture of myself while I'm sleeping. ;)

Tubby always sleeps down by my feet and Peanut (used to) be about stomach level. Sometimes when I have to get up in the middle of the night, I feel locked in because I don't want to disturb them. :rolleyes: I've also accidentally kicked Tubby off already. I move and since I'm asleep I don't realize what I'm doing until I hear him complain which wakes me up. Then I always feel bad so I have to get up and bring him back to bed. :rolleyes: They've started the 4:00 am games again, so I guess that's enough pampering Tubby and letting him sleep all night. Time to get the toys out and keep them active until our bedtime. Needless to say I've been to work early the last few days - whaddya gonna do when you're awake at 4:00 am? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And that's after spending half the night worrying about if they are comfy! How is a human to get any sleep!!!? :rolleyes:

luvdemabys
04-04-2002, 12:41 PM
The Noble Abyssinians do not sleep with us, so we're more like C&K's mom...they catch us when we are napping. L'il Guy does seem to like perching on my hip when I'm snoozing on my side; Pip likes to wedge himself between my thighs and the arm of the recliner. Wynki's not much of a nap cat....but she's the official nurse cat, when mommy or daddy feel rotten enough during the day to stay in bed, she snuggles right in next to either of us.

krazyaboutkatz
04-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Post Ghostly your picture is sooo cute. I don't have any pictures of my cats sleeping with me because I also do the picture taking.

ganime
04-05-2002, 01:59 AM
My 5,5 monts old kitten Karamel wants to sleep on my neck. Of course it's very uncomfortable for me. But he doesn't seem to be comfortable any other way. So i push him and than he starts biting me. Well he tries to bite me whenever he can.

Do you think he can learn to sleep with me and my husband without attacking ot biting us? For now i have to put him outside the bedroom and close the door.

Former User
04-05-2002, 02:02 AM
Whenever he bites you, say "au" in loud voice, louder than your normal speaking voice. That's how we managed to end Casper and Kitty's biting! Good luck! Attacking you while in bed, well, that's tough though, Casper and Kitty do it too when we let them be on bd, they think it's so much fun! I guess the same rule might go there again, saying "au" when they attack you.