PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5273056

We went to PetSmart about a month ago and she was there. They say she is two years old, but she seems like a curious kitten! She was getting the "big eyes" and doing the butt wiggle right in her small little cubicle at a kid who was standing there looking at her. She was acting so cute and goofy. Terry noticed her right away. This is a new PetSmart that just opened up and they were having their grand opening hoopla, so I figured she'd be adopted before the weekend was over.

Well....we went back yesterday and she's still there! Again she was putting on a show for some kids. Terry noticed her again and when I told him it was the same cat, he said "Oh oh, time for us to go!" I didn't go though, and we stayed and watched her for awhile. I mentioned how she'd give CJ a run for his money and Terry agreed and laughed. I mentioned how Christmas was coming and wouldn't she be a great present for CJ....and he hestitated before saying "No, two is enough." I think he might be melting.....maybe....?

I looked her up on the rescue's site today and sent him the same link I posted above. Wouldn't it just be wonderful if he'd totally melt and surprise me with her? I really doubt it's going to happen, especially since we're leaving for two weeks in the Keys and he wouldn't do it before then.....drat, why does he have to be such a stickler on two? :rolleyes: :( :mad: ;) :D

This morning CJ was acting goofy and was about ready to pounce on Peanut. Terry "yelled" at him to stop.......and I just casually mentioned that if it had been Lindsey he was pouncing on.........

kimlovescats
12-12-2005, 10:59 AM
You stinker! Lindsay is adorable! Good luck with Terry .... he might just come around yet!! ;)

jenluckenbach
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh Debbie, she is boeyond adorable. I will pray as hard as I can that terry's heart will melt and realize that 3 cats does not a "hoarder" make. ;) CJ certainly deserves a fiestly little play mate to liven up his days. And Peanut truly deserves to NOT be pounced on as the only available play mate. ;)

Hang in there girl, they (meaning men) almost all crumble sooner or later. :D :D

christa
12-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Fingers Crossed!!!

She is adorable! Looks like a perfect match for CJ . . .

And she might just give Miss Peanut a break from all the rough playing! She could just supervise. :)

(I know that no one wants to think about it, and Peanut could live for many more years . . . but it might be easier for CJ if something would happen to her.)

AlleyCat
12-12-2005, 11:18 AM
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5273056

I mentioned how Christmas was coming and wouldn't she be a great present for CJ....and he hestitated before saying "No, two is enough." I think he might be melting.....maybe....?

Terry "yelled" at him to stop.......and I just casually mentioned that if it had been Lindsey he was pouncing on.........

.... the hesitation, the waiting, the thinking .. Sounds like Terry just might come around! Keep us posted! :)

Gin
12-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Aw, what a pretty girl! Please tell Terry that you have been advised by the finest of authorities (that's me) that a 'three cat household' is a beautiful thing. And, of course, please keep us updated.

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2005, 11:48 AM
She's adorable and I think that she would be purrfect for CJ. :D I'm glad that I ended up adopting 2 kittens because then my 3 older cats weren't pounced on so much and they could escape and rest if they wanted to. You could always tell them that you'd like to adopt her and tell them to hold her for you until you get back from your vacation. ;) Good luck. I sure hope that Terry will give in and that this picture makes him melt. :)

gini
12-12-2005, 11:58 AM
I find having three just wonderful (most of the time).

Debbie, she is adorable - looks like she has kiss marks on her face already!

RICHARD
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
This note is for Terry only...

Just pass it by, OK?

Terry,

Dude,

Knuckle under and get Debbie the cat.

Making her happy is probably the best, It being Christmas and all....Or you can spend that "three months pay" on a diamond that those stupid commercials always talk about....

I have yet to have any fun with a fricking diamond ring.

Diamond or a cat?

A cat will entertain you, A diamond will just depress you -How many more payments do I have on that thing?

If you buy a diamond all the girls will bug their guys to do the same thing!
Do you want to be unpopular?

Diamonds won't make you laugh or play, you can't talk to diamonds or teach them tricks.

But diamonds won't scratch your furniture.

Diamonds suck anyway.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2005, 12:27 PM
looks like she has kiss marks on her face already!

Little orange CJ kisses. :D

She is even more adorable in real life because she is so animated.

Richard, your post might make some headway if he was even remotely thinking about a diamond..... ;) :p :D

RICHARD
12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Little orange CJ kisses. :D

She is even more adorable in real life because she is so animated.

Richard, your post might make some headway if he was even remotely thinking about a diamond..... ;) :p :D

I tried. :)

kuhio98
12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_4.gif
Terry, you are getting sleepy. Close your eyes and empty your mind. You are completely relaxed. Listen to the sooothing sound of my voice. Go get Lindsey, Go get Lindsey, Go get Lindsey and finally, GO GET LINDSEY

Might as well admit defeat. You have already been chosen. And you can't ignore a kitty who has chosen to give their love to you. They will win every time! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_1.gif

moosmom
12-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Listen to Kuhio98. Very wise!! Go get Lindsey...

NOW!!!!!!

Barbara
12-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow, she looks like a sister of CJ's ;) And of course Peanut deserves a little more peace and quiet.

K & L
12-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Lindsay needs you! :) You know I have a weakness for calicos! She looks precious and like she's smiling. What a SWEETHEART! Good luck and I sure hope she's under your tree here real soon.

jenluckenbach
12-12-2005, 02:03 PM
I MUST GO GET LINDSEY.................. :eek:

OOPS, that wan't for me. :o

Terry, do you REALLY want a ton of angry cat people hunting you down???

Randi
12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh Debbie, Lindsey is perfect for CJ! What a pair they'd make! :D And Peanut would get a bit of peace and quiet. ;)

I've met Terry, I just know he'll melt - just worried that someone will go get her before he decides. :eek:

Go get her NOW!! ..... Should I write him a mail?

Edit: I had to go back and have another look - she's so goofy!! She reminds me of a mix between CJ and Eddie. :)

ramanth
12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Fingers and paws crossed!! Calicos are a delight. ;) :D

iloverat
12-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Could Lindsey be put on the lay-away plan where she could come live with you when you return from your vacation? That would be ideal.

catmandu
12-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Lindsey is an older Cat,and there are not as many chances for her than there would be for a Kitten.
And if you took Lindsey ,you know that she would have a Purrfect Furr Ever Home!!
Come on Terry,you know you want Happiness in Your Home!
The Found Cats are praying for you to say YES!!!

Corinna
12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
You kind of did a lay away with CJ as I recall. He was gotten after a trip too. :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
12-12-2005, 04:37 PM
You kind of did a lay away with CJ as I recall.
He was gotten after a trip too. :rolleyes:

Deb!!

Where's your *spunk*?

DRIVE down to PetsMart and "buy" the poor Kity ...

They can put a "SOLD" sign on the cage and hld her till you ....

* Find the courage to tell Terry
* and get back from Florida

:D

slick
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/IL252/IL252.5273056-1-pn.jpg
Look deep into my eyes........you are falling into a trance.....Take me home! Take me home! Take me home! You can even name me Popcorn if you like. Yeah, that's it. Popcorn. That will fit in with Peanut and Cracker Jack! :) :)

caseysmom
12-12-2005, 04:59 PM
I can already imagine her in your motorhome looking out the window at a bird, she belongs there.

RICHARD
12-12-2005, 05:04 PM

After thinking about this some more...

TALK ABOUT GETTING A DIAMOND!

Then talk about Lindsey...

He'll fold like a house of cards. I know this for a fact, I'm a man! ;)

orangemm
12-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Very good idea, Richard!!! Any time expensive jewelry is mentioned, Jeff conveniently changes the subject...quickly!

Besides, a sweet, loving kitty like Lindsey is much better than a silly diamond that will just SIT there, won't nuzzle you, won't give you headbumpies, won't purr or jump in your lap. And, that sweet girl would have a wonderful furrever home.

Or............you could go get YOURSELF a Christmas present!

Poo
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Lindsey is sooo cute, you just gotta get that baby.

Before i got my two kittens, Twinkle used to harass Bugs and jump on her all the time. Now she has some playmates Bugs gets some peace. Lindsey would just love to play the day away with CJ and Peanut could get some quiet time.

Come on Terry :)

Nicki x

lizbud
12-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Lindsey sure is a cutie. :)

QueenScoopalot
12-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Debbie you need to go on strike, pout, cry...try everything to get that cute lil' shmooface! I think that's a terrific idea to fill out the adoption forms, put a good sized deposit on her, and get her for C.J.! ;) I'm sure if the shelter she's in is a good one, they'll understand traveling, and her not being a Christmas present for little kids. ;)

catmandu
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
The Found Cats are praying For Popcorn Peanuts and Cracker Jack,PLEEEASE Terry!
You are giving a Fine Cat a second chance!

catnapper
12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh Terry, just give in! Ya know you want to! Lindsay sounds purrfect for CJ, and Peanut will thank you! :D

koxka
12-12-2005, 07:26 PM
.... the hesitation, the waiting, the thinking .. Sounds like Terry just might come around! Keep us posted! :)

Yep, that was what I was thinking... :D

Cincy'sMom
12-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Come on Terry...you know you want her!! You noticed her twice!!
How can you say no, not only to that sweet face, but to PTers around the world?!?

rg_girlca
12-12-2005, 09:18 PM
OMG, how could you resist that precious widdle spotted face. Lindsay sure is one pretty girl.

I'll be keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that you will have a new addition to the family real soon. :D

Craftlady
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
I agree from markings, CJ and her could be siblings. :)
I said our limit was "3" and then came Cindy now we have "4" as our limit. :)

My advise GET HER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

shais_mom
12-12-2005, 11:29 PM
She's gorgeous Debbie!!
If you go back again and she is there I think it's destined!
3rd time is a charm!

orangemm
12-13-2005, 04:12 AM
Just go get her before she's gone!!! (you can deal with the fallout later)

At one time we had 3 and I brought home another homeless waif who was dumped into a trash bin. We managed. :)

auggie
12-13-2005, 05:46 AM
Everyone needs a calico. They’re wonderful!
Hint, hint…
;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-13-2005, 06:19 AM
Everyone needs a calico. They’re wonderful!
Hint, hint…
;)

He he, that is what my Maya says too :p
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/maya-album2.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks everybody. :)

Last night Terry started with the "replacement for Peanut" thing like he had with Tubby. I told him this was different, Lindsey would not be a replacement for Peanut, she would be a friend for CJ! Then he said "Yeah, then they can gang up on her - nope, it's not going to happen." I didn't push it.....but I sent the rescue an email this morning asking about her.....

Where's your *spunk*?
Well.....I've already been told in so many words that WE WILL NOT BE GETTING ANOTHER CAT! So I didn't want to push too hard and ruin my chances altogether. ;)

CJ jumped on Peanut again this morning and I had to yell at him because Terry was already gone. He knows he's not supposed to do that so all I have to do is yell "HEY!" and he leaves her alone. When he came back (which he does right away) I picked him up, smooched on him and told him to send his daddy "Lindsey vibes" when he got home this afternoon. Then I went to Peanut and told her to send "Lindsey vibes" to her daddy if she wanted to be left alone, so.....we'll see.......if you guys keep up the "Lindsey vibes" too, maybe we can just get this pushed through already. ;) :rolleyes: :)

moosmom
12-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I think RICHARD has a point there. Tape all sorts of jewelry ads everywhere, the fridge, the bathroom mirror, the livingroom, his underwear drawer, toilet seat lid. EVERYWHERE!!!

This is for Terry,

Psssss! Yo Terry!!

Do yourself AND CJ a favor, go get Lindsey. She needs a furrrrever home where someone can love her!!!

Look man, don't MAKE me come back that way and kick your a$$. You KNOW you want Lindsey. Just be a man and admit it!!

Cataholic
12-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Debbie,
This week, it is two years since I adopted Monte. Funny, as I remembered it last night as I was lying on the couch petting his fat black self. Gus came to me in July. I can tell you Gus did WONDERS for Monte. Those two are always playing, and it does give them one another to pick on. I did have to rehome Georgia as Monte was just too much for her anymore. Gus helped, he really did. Monte is 2.5, Gus is almost 1, and everyone else is OLD! It makes more sense to have two kitties closer in age, and relieve some of the pressure from Peanut.

I noticed that at first, Monte was just pesky with the other cats. He always wanted to play, but, would scatter off easily. It was only as he matured, closer to one year, that his play became too much for the others, and he really never left Georgia alone at all. So, something to consider, while CJ might just be pesky to Peanut now, it could BECOME to much for Peanut at some point, like it did with Georgia. Just a thought.

ramanth
12-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Zam sends "Lindsey Vibes". :D :D :D

caseysmom
12-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Maybe you could bring her home on a trial basis for a few weeks to see how they all interact together?

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I sure hope that Lindsey becomes a part of your household. If they e-mail you back and say that she's not adopted yet, I'd go get her and give her to Terry as a Christmas gift. He won't be able to say no once she's in your home. ;) Lots more Lindsey vibes are being sent Terry's way. :)

Cinder & Smoke
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Since Peanut and "her Daddy" are so tight -
I can understand Terry's "attitude" towards a "ner cat" ....

Last night Terry started with the "replacement for Peanut" thing ...

... I've already been told in so many words that
WE WILL NOT BE GETTING ANOTHER CAT!

It's really too bad that Lindsey "appeared" just when she did ~
* Less than a week before the Big Bus Trip south* ...

You don't want to http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif rush the introductions -
if memory serves me - CJ wasn't exactly "welcomed with open paws"
by a certain Senior 4-pawed Member of the Family ...

They're ALL going to need some time & space to adjust to being a THREE-cat Family -
and trying to do that in the confines of the Rollin Motor Howze might not make
for a stress-free vacation for everyone.

MY suggestion?
Work out a "deal" with the Rescue Group ...
* Make it clear You want to adopt Lindsey
* You're willing to pay the "fees" now
* Home Visit (if required) must be done after you return
* They "keep her" till you return in two weeks

The Rescue might even be able to send her home with a Volunteer for Christmas -
since she has a new home - she doesn't need to "appear for Show & Tell" in the
PetsMart store - the foster home might help her adjust to being with people
and probably other cats.

An addeded benefit is you'll have an extra two weeks to "adjust" Terry to the Idea! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

RICHARD
12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Aren't we a great bunch?

Threatening Terry because he won't go along with Debbie?

Tell him he has to stay home next July! ;)

------------------------

No one can replace Peanut!!!

orangemm
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
But, it's like I tell my husband...wait a minute, we are a team here. -I- deserve to be able to make decisions, not just you. There are plenty of things that YOU do that don't exactly please me, but I go along with them because I know you want them and because I love you.

So, please, extend the same courtesy to me. Besides, who will be doing the majority of the work associated with the pets? In our house, it's ME.

Just food for thought.

(Lindsey, I'm praying for you!!!)

caseysmom
12-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Since we are picking on Terry, you should say something like "You got that huge motorhome, there is plenty of room for another kitty on our journeys"

Killearn Kitties
12-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I have given Terry's picture to Samantha, Daisy and Jessica. They are all sitting on the settee sending him Lindsey vibes. Or perhaps they have fallen asleep ...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Lindsey was adopted yesterday so she has found her forever home.Whew!

I told Terry she was adopted and he seemed disappointed, like her new family wasn't good enough, but we both know he would have put up a huge fuss to get her into this family, so everything works out for the best. ;)

momcat
12-13-2005, 08:56 PM
What a sweetie!!!!! Hmm, maybe if all of us on PT got together and bombarded Terry with all the reasons why Lindsey belongs with you it just might break his resolve. Three cats would be a pleasant balance not to mention triple the kitty hugs and kisses. What can we do to further your cause?

Edwina's Secretary
12-13-2005, 09:01 PM
I was all ready to get on the "Come On Terry" bandwagon. :( :(

Well....the next one!

orangemm
12-14-2005, 04:33 AM
At least Lindsey HAS a furrever home now and that is the good news. I'm sorry she isn't yours, though; I think you had your heart set on her. :(

jenluckenbach
12-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Hooray for Lindsay, but I am really sorry for you, Debbie. Charlie was once the same type of guy who continually said NO to a new addition. And I usually did not adopt when he said no, but it came to a time when I finally broke down and cried. I asked him why HIS opinion was the only one that mattered? I asked him if my wants were so unimportant? After all, I had no other vices.......I don't spend money on cigarettes, booze..... I don't gamble, or run around with other men. Now the tables are turned. Charlie never says I can't have another. (now of course, I went a little overboard, but I am sure that you will not).

oops......sorry to preach on your thread. :o

ramanth
12-14-2005, 08:53 AM
AWWW! Good luck Lindsey in your new furever home.

Debbie... maybe next time!! :D

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Well, time to ask for a DIAMOND!!!!!!!

That way, by the time you get to Petsmart again.......... ;)

Debbie,

Trust me, after the 7th conversation you can get what ever you want!

RICHARD
12-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Debbie.

Here is something for your fridge.
Print it in huge letter letters.....for next time.

Time Waits For No Man.

Time Does Not Favor Those Who Hesitate.

A diamond is forever.

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Richard, you are too funny!

What happens if.....say.....I ask for a diamond....and I get one! :eek: :eek:

I think I'll stick to asking for cats....... :p :D

QueenScoopalot
12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-047.gif She should have been yours and C.Js! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-047.gif There are very few kitties who have that special something that grabs people from the first meeting. If both you & Terry had that 'feeling' about Lindsey, it's too bad you didn't just p**s off hubby and bring her home for a try out. :( I have had a few very memorable rescues out of the hundreds who've spun through the revolving doors here, and felt such intense loss when those exceptional ones left. :( But the flip side on a few memorables is people I know adopted some. :) (Like Birdie, and Gracie & Gabriel. ;) Lets all hope that Lindsey doesn't work out in her new home (hmmm alllergies)..and when Debbie & Terry get back, she'll be waiting!

emily_the_spoiled
12-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Did you leave your contact information with the rescue "just in case"? That is how I got Ptolemy and Newton. They were originally set to be adopted by someone else and that fell through. The rescue contacted me and asked if I was still interested in them and of course I said YES!!!!

RICHARD
12-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Richard, you are too funny!

What happens if.....say.....I ask for a diamond....and I get one! :eek: :eek:

I think I'll stick to asking for cats....... :p :D

Typical woman, Never satisfied... ;) :D :p